SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, all active or veteran service members! Smile

Grunts, swabbies, flyboys, coasties, heqq, they even let an ol' worn-out Airedale like me hang out here. Wink

Glad to have you all - the smoking lamp is lit in this forum and the geedunk, where we keep the chat and off-topic posts - sweepers and working parties have commenced throughout all other spaces.

Enjoy your visits!
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Sean G. Smith Reply with quote

Dec 1994-April 2003
Enlisted Nuke MM
OCS- 1615
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
R. G. Rankin
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Service Reply with quote

I was drafted in 1966, spent time at Long binh, bien hoa(1968). Proud today to support your group and its cause (US 51 975 556, 221 SIG CO (PIC) APO 96391 USARV).
NM RED
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning my fellow americans,

Like most of the postings I've read, I was just browsing and then a rush came over me to reply and give my support. I'm a Air Force vet, retiring in 2 weeks after 21 plus years. Like War Dog, I was a AF Cop (LE not Security) even though they both play well together nowadays. I've spent the last 4 years playing in the world of WMD with a special National Guard unit called the CST or Civil Support Team. Our specialty is WMD; searching for it, testing for it, mitigating it...I think we all get the drift. I'm not a political person but enough is enough, Kerry and his mouth piece Edwards have to be stopped. We don't need another Dem in the White House or our national defense is going to go back in the tank. I suffered with the drawbacks from Clinton in 92 and must say, l liked the pay raises with GW in 00-01. By the way, did anyone see the interview between Katie Couric and Denzel Washington? Great props for Denzel telling another mouth piece of the Dems to shut up. He really stood his ground when he was attacked by Katie and Meryl Streep. IF anyone knows how to get a copy of that interview (13 Aug on NBC) please advise. Glad to be with you folks and let's keep up the good work. This is Red in New Mexico and I'm damn glad to be a REPUBLICAN!!!
BienHoa69-70
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAF Bien Hoa AB 69-70 (full tour!) Thanks to you Swifties and to the guys in the 1st Cav that took care of the VC that were hitting the base with rockets. Forever in your debt.
knightowl77
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: 82nd ABN Vet Reply with quote

I enlisted in 74 when I got out of High School. Ended up in Ft. Bragg as a sergeant in Charlie Co. 2nd 325 Inf. Assigned as a sniper in the beginning and a squad leader at the end. I had the good fortune to work with many Vietenam Veterans in my unit.
Thank you so much for taking the heat and standing tall!

Keep putting the truth out there!
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Home and welcome to the Site to all the new members!
Knightowl, a Brother Falcon!! Airborne!! 3/325, 4/325
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

319th FA (Foxtrot Oscar) 173rd AB RVN 1966-1967 THE HERD
SKLOHR
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Honored to Breath the air on the same planet as you VETS Reply with quote

Served with 525th MI BDE, Fort Bragg, NC 1984 to 1987(Central America in 1987 - RATT Rig Team Chief)

Also served with C BTRY, 2/320th FA attached to 3/327th INF(Desert Shield/Desert Storm- Company FSO)

I thank God every day you guys hung your butts out for me when I was a wee one.

I also hope that your voices are heard AND LISTENED TOO THIS TIME!

Kerry must be stopped!
JimT
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I am Jim Terry

B/1/1 1st Mar Div USMC 1967

CAP Quebec 6 2nd CAG III Mar Amph Force 1967-1968
(CAP was a pacification program. A squad of Marines lived in a village.
We trained and operated the Vietnames Popular Forces (local malita). The object being to provide security from VC. This was very dangerous duty as we were in effect alone in indian country, but I thought then and still believe this was very worth while.

Later I enlisted USAR 915th Trans Co., Council Bluffs, Iowa. 1974 1979

2003 100% SCD due to agent orange.

I guess I don't say much about those times. When I got sick and was dealing with the VA, my daughter ( she is 27 now) was asking about Vietnam, so I told her a few small safe things. My wife of 28 years was listening and I turned to her and said "you remember me telling you about that".

Her only reply was "you have never said a word about it all these years".

I guess this has been an old habit. but I thought I would say something now.

I remember listening to Kerry's testimony in 1971 and I have been furious with him every scince. As CAP Marines our mission was to protect Vietnamese from the ravages of the murdering VC.

I have one thing to say to Kerry, "You know what they say about payback!"

GET SOME SWIFTIES!!!!
lefty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here! :) Reply with quote

administrator wrote:
Welcome to our "Veterans & Active Duty Military" Forum.

As a courtesy to your fellow brothers & sisters-in-arms, please "report-in" with a brief description of your military background.

Welcome Aboard! and Thanks For Your Service!

Hi my name is Al Groo.
I am now retired (not from the service). I was in the Navy from 10-9-62 through 10-9-72. I was with, VA-127, VA125, VA153, and VA122 at Nas Lemoore, Calif. Went to sea with VA-153 on the 67-68 cruise, again in 68-69, and the final cruise 69-70. Quite enough Tonkin Gulf for me, not only that but we always got the small Carriers USS ORISKANY CVA-34 and the USS CORAL SEA CVA-43
lefty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: when will it end Reply with quote

Navy here 62-72. Yes I spent plenty of time at the Tonkin Gulf Yach club.
I think this sight is wonderful, and I do beleive the things they say about Kerry, are very true.
At 59 years of age, I cannot remember a presidential campaign, fought with such slanderous and defaming remarks being thrown continuosly at one party from the other. I believe the Democrats have called the President everything but a Texan, and continue to do so.
The entire Democratic party, has ran around for the last four years with their bottom lip stuck out and in a continous tantrim, because Gore didn't get elected.
Well after seeing the way he lashed out like a raving maniac, at the President, on national T.V.. I personally, am truly glad he wasn't in the White House during 9-11. We'd probably all be glowing right now.
I wouldn't vote for Kerry, even if all his medals were real. But come on, being the commander of the swift boat. He wrote all those after action reports, that the awarding of his medals are based on (A little tooting of your own horn , I suspect). Three Purple Hearts, A Bronze Star and a Silver Star in just 4 months. Wow!, with Kerry and a TRUE hero, like Audie Murphy, the War should have been over in fifteen minutes.
Sorry, didn't mean to tarnish a real hero like Audie.
I wouldn't vote for him for what he did at the Senate hearings, where he openly and with unshaking voice, condemed everyone of us that served in Viet Nam.
He is unfit to be on TV, let alone be the President.
Sorry I'll shut up now.
billhart
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st Reconnaisance Battalion, 1st Marine Division
1967 - 1969
Danang, Vietnam
lefty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billhart wrote:
1st Reconnaisance Battalion, 1st Marine Division
1967 - 1969
Danang, Vietnam

As a fellow vet, I THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.
I was in Danang for two hours, fixing a shot up A-4 so he could get back to the ship. Except for the mortar attack, which spead up the repair by at least an hour, it didn't seem to bad. NOT. Laughing
VAW11_Vet
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Danny Mayer and I served in the Navy from 1961 to 1966. I spent my entire enlistment with VAW-11 at NAS North Island in San Diego.

I made my first WestPac aboard USS Kitty Hawk which at that time was the newest carrier in the fleet. The cruise was pretty uneventful with the exception of the Russian flyovers and the Cuban Missle Crisis. It was cold in the North Sea of Japan in October.

My second WestPac cruiseas aboard USS Hancock which was the oldest attack carrier in the fleet. Spent nearly the entire cruise at Yankee Station following the attack on Pleiku and our Air Group was the first to fly strikes north of the DMZ.

I want to thank all involved with this website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 38 of 47

Jump to: