SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some clarifications on Bush

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Some clarifications on Bush Reply with quote

http://www.frontpagemag.com/blog/BlogEntry.asp?ID=308

WORST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY??

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January...

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American city folks, about as deadly as the entire war
torn country of Iraq.

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war. They
complain about his prosecution of it. One liberal recently claimed Bush
was the worst president in U.S.history.

Let's clear up one point: We didn't start the war on terror. Try to
remember, it was started by terrorists BEFORE 9/11.

Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims.

Truman... led us into war in Korea,North Korea never attacked
us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per
year.

John F. Kennedy... started theVietnam conflict in 1962.Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson... turnedVietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton... went to war in Bosnia without UN sanction or a Congressional resolution, Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times bySudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions. (First WTC bombing, USS Cole, KobarTowers, 2x Embassy bombings)

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush hasliberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors inLibya,Iran and North Korea without firing a shot,
and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

Worst president in history? Come on!

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...

It took less time to takeIraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound and incinerate 80 people, most of them women and children. That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy theMedina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank.

It took less time to takeIraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our military is GREAT! So is our President!!!!!
Keith
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Some clarifications on Bush Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

I received the same chain e-mail, but mine was accompanied by counter claims from the individual sending the e-mail trying to prove that Bush was indeed the worst president... so of course, I responded Smile

The exchange is here if you are interested:

http://thinkinboutstuff.netfirms.com/email_response.htm

I never heard from him again.... guess the facts overwhelmed him Very Happy

If you do visit, please don't confuse what he said with what I said. There is a color key: my comments are in red, facts are in green.

Keith
My American Idol
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Worst President in history Reply with quote

I'd like to nominate Bill Clinton for this dubious "honor."
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Worst President in history Reply with quote

My American Idol wrote:
I'd like to nominate Bill Clinton for this dubious "honor."

While I sympathize with your feelings, as Presidents go, he wasn't really that bad.

Draft dodger? You bet.
Morals of an alley cat? Certainly.
Problems with the truth? All the time.

Jimmy Carter had none of those problems, but was far worse as a President than Slick Willie.

My humble opinion.
Hesiod
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: Some clarifications on Bush Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January...

In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American city folks, about as deadly as the entire war
torn country of Iraq.

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war. They
complain about his prosecution of it. One liberal recently claimed Bush
was the worst president in U.S.history.

Let's clear up one point: We didn't start the war on terror. Try to
remember, it was started by terrorists BEFORE 9/11.

Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims.

Truman... led us into war in Korea,North Korea never attacked
us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per
year.

John F. Kennedy... started theVietnam conflict in 1962.Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson... turnedVietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost,
an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton... went to war in Bosnia without UN sanction or a Congressional resolution, Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times bySudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions. (First WTC bombing, USS Cole, KobarTowers, 2x Embassy bombings)

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush hasliberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors inLibya,Iran and North Korea without firing a shot,
and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

Worst president in history? Come on!

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...

It took less time to takeIraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound and incinerate 80 people, most of them women and children. That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy theMedina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank.

It took less time to takeIraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our military is GREAT! So is our President!!!!!

I live in Michigan, and I can tell you unequivocally, that the people who were killed in Detroit were not riding around in tanks, humvees, or Bradley fighting vehicles, carrying (in the vast majority of cases) automatic weapons, or wearing body armor, or had the availability of tactical close air support from A130 gunshps and apache attack helicopters.

If they were, NONE of them would have died.

I can also tell you that not one police car was attacked and blown up by a roadside bomb or a rocket propelled grenade in Detroit. Nor were any other cars.

That had to be the dumbest, most inane analogy I have ever seen in my life.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: Worst President in history Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
Jimmy Carter had none of those problems, but was far worse as a President than Slick Willie.

I'll second that one!

President Reagan was a breath of fresh air for our military and for our whole country, but especially in contrast to the ineffectual and waffling Carter.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More kid's are killed by drunk drivers every year than has died in the war. If you want to play the statistics game go ahead, look at spousal killings, child abuse killings, drunk drivers, gangs, and I haven't even gotten to crime yet. If you are going to talk about american casualties then talk about them all. The crime death in NYC on 9-11 was 3,000 plus and that happened with in 30 minutes. I guess everyone here needs to get flak jackets, hummers, AC130 gunships or vote for Bush to keep on truck'n. Your choice, your statement, I prefer to take it to them before I need to aquire those things in our country. Allthough and AC130 would be a lot of fun, reminds me of a song, puff the majic dragon.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was still in the Army, stationed at Ft. Bragg, when Carter was elected. Although not the sole reason, his being elected was a big part of my decision to just quit at 8 years active duty.
Morto
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
More kid's are killed by drunk drivers every year than has died in the war. If you want to play the statistics game go ahead, look at spousal killings, child abuse killings, drunk drivers, gangs, and I haven't even gotten to crime yet. If you are going to talk about american casualties then talk about them all. The crime death in NYC on 9-11 was 3,000 plus and that happened with in 30 minutes. I guess everyone here needs to get flak jackets, hummers, AC130 gunships or vote for Bush to keep on truck'n. Your choice, your statement, I prefer to take it to them before I need to aquire those things in our country. Allthough and AC130 would be a lot of fun, reminds me of a song, puff the majic dragon.

PUFF RULES! And in Nam the AC130's didn't even have computer/laser/gps targeted 105 Mike Mike Howitzers. In fact the first "Puffs" were C-47's (Navy R4D's) with nothing more than a 7.62 MM 6 barrel Gattling Gun. 6000 rounds por minuto!
morfdq
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine 4 Life

I cant even believe that you would compare drunk driving to the war. Yes drunk driving is a tragedy but you have soldiers over in Iraq fighting a damn good war but are being killed because a president wanted to prove to his dad that he actually had some balls. I use that term loosely.
Keith
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morfdq wrote:
Marine 4 Life

I cant even believe that you would compare drunk driving to the war. Yes drunk driving is a tragedy but you have soldiers over in Iraq fighting a damn good war but are being killed because a president wanted to prove to his dad that he actually had some balls. I use that term loosely.

Rolling Eyes

Never realized hate could so fill a mind that there would no longer be any room for intelligent thought. How sad.

Keith
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morfdq, are you capable of anything intelligent, or do you just repeat rhetoric from moveon.org?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: