SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US Navy disputes Kerry's website medals
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xsquid wrote:
I was just going to post this and you beat me to it. Very Happy When will the mainstream media pick up on this stuff?

My guess is never (about the "V"). Everyone and his mother knows he received the award. A clerk made a typo. End of story.

Doug
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a clerk dougI would have never missed that a combat "v" is for valorous action, knowing that valorous combat is the sole criteria for the Silver Star.

It's like telling a clerk that the recepient shouldreceive a V" device for valor for a CMH. they just know a SS is a valorous award. But you can blame it on an idiot clerk right?

Let me get this right, you are a clerk for a newspaper but we should adhere to your ideas as you're more than just a "clerk"?

You type your bs up just like every one else does. Do you mean to deride the clerks and typists of this world in one fatal swoop?

Shut the fook up peace-boy, everyone in the military knows that a Silver Star is a valor honor and nobody would ever question a "v" device. It's common knowledge to a clerk however, so the question jumps back to you, how could you as a journalist, seeker of truth, have missed this?

'Clerks' who are apparently 'under' you, know the truth, it's "journalists" like you who want to describe the truth. No clerical error there sir, that was blatant, and when the truth comes out you'll see. A "clerk" would have great admiration for the duties of that officer you see.

Maybe you don't take into consideration the people you deride, but those might also wonder about your credibility to author fiction you portray as fact. In fact, one doesn't have to leap so far as to see you are a Micheal Mooresque type of journalist.

Thanks for clearing up your babble, I'm happy to have done it.
Don
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilDon wrote:
I'm a clerk dougI would have never missed that a combat "v" is for valorous action, knowing that valorous combat is the sole criteria for the Silver Star.

It's like telling a clerk that the recepient shouldreceive a V" device for valor for a CMH. they just know a SS is a valorous award. But you can blame it on an idiot clerk right?

Let me get this right, you are a clerk for a newspaper but we should adhere to your ideas as you're more than just a "clerk"?

You type your bs up just like every one else does. Do you mean to deride the clerks and typists of this world in one fatal swoop?

Shut the fook up peace-boy, everyone in the military knows that a Silver Star is a valor honor and nobody would ever question a "v" device. It's common knowledge to a clerk however, so the question jumps back to you, how could you as a journalist, seeker of truth, have missed this?

'Clerks' who are apparently 'under' you, know the truth, it's "journalists" like you who want to describe the truth. No clerical error there sir, that was blatant, and when the truth comes out you'll see. A "clerk" would have great admiration for the duties of that officer you see.

Maybe you don't take into consideration the people you deride, but those might also wonder about your credibility to author fiction you portray as fact. In fact, one doesn't have to leap so far as to see you are a Micheal Mooresque type of journalist.

Thanks for clearing up your babble, I'm happy to have done it.
Don

Well, you've done got me confused. What are you talking about? Do you think Kerry really wasn't awarded the SS, and he's gone out and typed up a phony DD-214 to make it look like he did?

And I'm no more a journalist than you are. I deride no one.

Doug
Pumbaamd
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to this site. I was in the 4th and 25th Inf. Div.'s in War Zone C in 1966-67. My question is, I saw Kerry on TV say he had two tours of duty. I know about his 4 month, 12 day tour. When was the other?
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the USS Gridley, a guided missile cruiser that pulled plane-guard duty off the coast before he went to the Swift boats. Sounds like he made a port call in Saigon and claimed it as a "tour" in Vietnam.
Pumbaamd
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So his total time was still only 4 months, 12 days?
MiltonThrasher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Kerry did 4 months and 12 days but 1 month was in training Reply with quote

I think Kerry should state that he did 3 months and 12 days
on Swift Boats in the enemy area because 1 month was in
training of his 4 months and 12 days.
in his books and speeches. Vote for Bush/Cheney '04. Korean War vet.
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know better than to say that Doug, I didn't accuse John Kerry of falsifying his DD214 did I?

As far as your journalistic credentials.....are you generally categorized as "fiction" in library classifications?

You needn't deride anyone Doug, your blind faith in a leader who will lead us into chaos speaks volumes. Side with the anti-vet and anti-intelligence and you'll find grandma up to her knickers in terrorists. Good luck pal.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:28 am    Post subject: links Reply with quote

This is a new developement isn't it?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,131319,00.html

and

http://www.judicialwatch.org

I'm new here and posting for the first time. Sorry if this is not the right folder for me to post in but I thought the links were relevant to this thread.

I'm not a vet, I'm a stay at home mom in Florida who is behind the swiftvets 110%. I'm sending as much as I can afford to keep the ads running until every last american knows who John Kerry really is.

Debe

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
xsquid wrote:
I was just going to post this and you beat me to it. Very Happy When will the mainstream media pick up on this stuff?

My guess is never (about the "V"). Everyone and his mother knows he received the award. A clerk made a typo. End of story.

Doug

Apparently NOT "end of story." Not if the Holzer's are on it. Wink

He's had that DD214 with a typo for all this time and didn't bother to correct it? Okay, maybe that's just a coincidence.

But, he filed a DD215 to ADD awards to his record - wouldn't it have been easy to REMOVE "Silver Star w/ Combat V" and ADD "Silver Star" at the same time? Looking a whole lot less like a coincidence, now.

Starting to fit into the same self-aggrandizing behavior he exhibited throughout his career.
lefty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: yea Reply with quote

Pumbaamd wrote:
So his total time was still only 4 months, 12 days?

That's it, and he won every medal for heroism except the Congressional Medal of Honor.
WHAT A HERO. I WONDER HOW MANY MEN IT TOOK TO GET HIM OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE BOAT TO GET HIS MEDALS. Rolling Eyes
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he didn't manage to scarf a Navy Cross, either. (Whew!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: