SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newsweek: Christopher Dickey on Iraq

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disco
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Newsweek: Christopher Dickey on Iraq Reply with quote

This article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5112742/site/newsweek/

States that the 26 year long Iraq war is less than any other war, and that the GI's in Iraq "have been put in the wrong place at the wrong time for the wrong reasons."

"When George W. Bush makes his D-Day anniversary visit to the Normandy beaches on Sunday, we’re going to hear a lot of well-honed speeches trying to compare the righteous combat forced on us in World War II with the war of choice we’ve entered into in Iraq."

I wrote a letter to Mr. Dickey, and I don't really appreciate his analysis. The fact that both Europe, and the UN was profiting from the 26 year war, is reason enough to end it. It is a just war, and the troops are no less heroic than any other war. The "exit strategy" in Iraq, is the same as Germany and Korea: we will exit when the threat of future wars is past.

---
Steve (USAF 72-93)
Panama, Iran-Iraq, Earnest Will, Iraq, Northern/Southern Watch
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Kerry's reason's back in 1997 Very Happy

"The administration is making it clear that they don't believe that they even need the U.N. Security Council to sign off on a material breach because the finding of material breach was made by Mr. (Richard) Butler. So furthermore, I think the United States has always reserved the right and will reserve the right to act in its best interests. And clearly it is not just our best interests, it is in the best interests of the world to make it clear to Saddam Hussein that he's not going to get away with a breach of the '91 agreement that he's got to live up to, which is allowing inspections and dismantling his weapons and allowing us to know that he has dismantled his weapons. That's the price he pays for invading Kuwait and starting a war."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: