SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AP says Bush supporters boo Bush's best wishes for Clinton
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BienHoa69-70
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: AP says Bush supporters boo Bush's best wishes for Clinton Reply with quote

But audio tape trips up the AP. See Drudge Report http://www.drudgereport.com/ This is another example of liberal media bias trumping truth. Keep up the fight, Swifties.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audio tape may have been edited...
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the media attacks.... This is really dispicable! Now the media is attacking Bush supporters!
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't hear any Boos at all. Rolling Eyes
Ok, thought we had a Topic on this already. I am going to move this to Geedunk shortly though.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A retraction is in the works according to drudge.
ml2517
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love it when they get caught red handed trying to "create" news like this. Laughing
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: AP retracts "Booing" Reply with quote

I cannot stomach this piece of Liberal Hate-speech crap anymore.. Yesterday they were attacking Arnie for having "Chevron" onboard California's new crackdown on buerocratic sclerosis..

Today they invent "Boos" of GOP supports when PREZ. Bush wishes him well and a quick recovery: http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/sep04/256193.asp

(Referred by Drudge Report)

this left-wing whacko bias is literally exposing the "journalist ethical standard" of the MSM today. I really can relate to you getting tired hearing this biased crap..

MAXX (from Austria)
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch the libs push it anyway....

I heard the audio on Fox, and I heard applause, not boos...

Screw the ap, they will do anything to put kerry in a good light..... I also note that the ap article wasn't signed.... That sap knew he was lying when he printed it....

Kerry humor thread:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7496

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

Twidget
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See "Made up boos"

"UPDATE: An update to the post above says that the story was by the AP's Scott Lindlaw, seen here previously with distorted reports of Bush visits to military bases and NASCAR races -- the latter of which got characterized as a "cheap shot" by the Columbia Journalism Review."

http://www.instapundit.com
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He ain't my president but I sincerely wish him well. The deal with Bill Clinton is that he is such a "bad" boy you almost gotta admire him. At least he's not a sniveler.
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AP reported that the crowd booed when President Bush told them about Bill Clinton's illness. I was there, nobody booed, there were gasps and "oh my's" and "goodness" and so on. Most of us had not heard about it because we were in attendance and didn't have access to the radio or TV. There were no boos. We in Wisconsin applaud when an injured Chicago Bear turns out to be okay. We simply are not that thoughtless here

The AP later recounted that story, but it is all over the web as news services reported the first report but never upgraded with the correction. Just one more example of how the press has an agenda and they'll stoop to any low to get bad press for Republicans. Now people looking for news about Bush's visit here will all get a lie. It just makes me sick.

Letters to the editors will not reach their desks till probably Tuesday so the story will sit there as truth and you might hear about it. I can promise you that nobody in attendance booed Bill Clinton.

John Kerry on the other hand got several rounds of boos.
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Lindlaw has written much biased and outright lies. AP must fire him to save any vestiges of credibility, although it may be too late for that.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I wasn’t there; I’d have been tempted to cheer.

Clinton IMHO was a fool and dangerous—he was this amazingly bright guy with so much potential, but then squandered it all because he couldn’t keep his d--k in his pants, which caused him, his administration, and the country all kinds of unnecessary problems. We’ll never know for sure, but w/o those distractions his administration may have gotten Osama. I think his administration f—ked up in Somolia too.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard what I believe to be the live feed on Fox and if it wasn't there was still no time for an edit. There were no boos.
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree he didn't have his attention on the things that mattered USAF, but I don't think he missed on Osama or Somalia because of Monica. I believe the screwed up because Dems just don't seem to give a crap about security or national defense. They'd rather have more people sucking on the government teat so they can assure themselves a dependent voting base.

That is why this election is actually a very dangerous thing. Four years of John Kerry could put us in a great deal of doo-doo.

Besides, the man is sick, I might not want to have a beer with him, but I don't wish him death.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: