SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

liberal capitulation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: liberal capitulation Reply with quote

Check out this article from the San Francisco Chronicle:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/09/03/EDG7O8ICC01.DTL

The author, Debra J. Saunders states,
"I am arguing that the Democratic Party has become so political that it stands for absolutely nothing. Dems know it, so they nominate men who also stand for nothing -- but raw ambition".

Debra J. Saunders sums up her article, "This year, the Democrats abandoned their principles, implying either that they don't trust the America people to appreciate their message, or that they don't trust their message. Democrats aren't willing to take risks, but they are willing to choose someone whom they want to mislead the public. For that alone, they deserve to lose, and I think they know it. "

Saying this in SF and in public is either very brave or it is a very good sign of liberal capitulation.
Mona
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: liberal capitulation Reply with quote

jimbob wrote:
Check out this article from the San Francisco Chronicle:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/09/03/EDG7O8ICC01.DTL

The author, Debra J. Saunders states,
"I am arguing that the Democratic Party has become so political that it stands for absolutely nothing. Dems know it, so they nominate men who also stand for nothing -- but raw ambition".

Debra J. Saunders sums up her article, "This year, the Democrats abandoned their principles, implying either that they don't trust the America people to appreciate their message, or that they don't trust their message. Democrats aren't willing to take risks, but they are willing to choose someone whom they want to mislead the public. For that alone, they deserve to lose, and I think they know it. "

Saying this in SF and in public is either very brave or it is a very good sign of liberal capitulation.

That's all cool, and I agree w/ her, but she is a conservative columnist. Her remarks do not constitute a breakthrough for liberals.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: powerful Reply with quote

I read the article and it is powerful. She is exactly right. The democrats only believe in one thing...raw ambition. They do not believe in the American people and most assuredly their constituency. They deserve to lose. The sick feeling that all people are getting from Kerry is a total absence of core, the man has no soul. He is a creation of a sophmoric imagination with no core, no heart and no soul.
jimbob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Her remarks do not constitute a breakthrough for liberals.

Ok, thanks, I let my preconceived notions and prejudices get the better of me.
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is clear that the Dems think that the electorate is stupid given the 8 yrs of the Clinton mess. They spun everything away with their lemming-like backing of him during the impeachment process.

Zell Miller hit the nail on the head the other night. His frustration with them in doing whatever is necessary for them, the people they supposedly serve be damned, to expand their influence and appease their special interests is their only focus.

It's also such a sorry pool of people that they can't offer up a candidate with any legitimate substance, integrity, or ideas. It's all about pandering to polls.

All the leaders are stacked on the Republican side, and, in my opinion, that is not a good thing for us as a country. There needs to be legitimate debate.

It is my hope that if anything good comes out of this election, i.e. a Kerry rout or implosion, that the Democratic party re-invents themselves, or other parties emerge to challenge the Democrats to force them to become more accountable.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it is over for the dems, because of their godless world view. Their base will never accept even the bare minimum of decency or traditional values. I think most Americans want these. We may disagree of some things but we can't have good lives or a good country living on selfish self will.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: