SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW Anti-Kerry 527 Group Credits SBVT Success
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rovercop
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: NEW Anti-Kerry 527 Group Credits SBVT Success Reply with quote

Riding the wave of SBVT's campaign, a successful RNC, and President Bush with a two-digit lead (Time's recent poll data), a new 527 group - MoveOnForAmerica.org promises to hit Kerry hard.

"We'll hopefully be successful like the Swift boat people," Marks said, referring to the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, a 527 organization whose ads have questioned Kerry's service in Vietnam."
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,131443,00.html

New 527 Organization "MoveOnForAmerica.org" to expose the Real John Kerry to America with the most brutal, hard-hitting ads ever seen!
New site: www.moveonforamerica.org

Rovercop

Last edited by Rovercop on Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I hope they can raise a lot of money. Having allies right now is good. Very Happy
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first ad should be dumped. The whole Willie Horton angle has been heavily demonized by the Dems. I think the reference to it will do more harm than good.
As for Sharpton, he is a race baiting hate monger. That said, the fact that this group is run by a well connected Republican media counsultant will be demagogued as a typical racist Republican attack by a group that is a front for the Bush campaign.
I think that this group will be toxic to Bush, I would rather they not run these particular ads.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to be a pessimist, but this guy looks like a world class mudslinger, not necessarily wrong, but not exactly a class act.

also, remember that although GOP 527's are all anti-kerry, they are also pro-bush.

Swiftvets is NOT pro-bush and so it is important that they (and we, as their minions) remember that and honor that. This particular organization is ONLY about Kerry and his disservice to vets both inuniform and out.

--Nick
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Swiftvets is NOT pro-bush and so it is important that they (and we, as their minions) remember that and honor that.

Thank you, that's exactly right. Some people think we come down on them a little too hard for Bush cheerleading. But some of the founders are not Republicans, and would have voted for any Democratic candidate but Kerry.

We need to keep our focus - there are a lot of Democrats, Independents, Greens and Constitutionalists who support us. Everyone who is dedicated to spreading and supporting the Swifts message is welcome here.
Rovercop
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger that - wasn't sure (downloading the ads now). Was primarily alluding to the credit of SBVT ad success - I doubt they will attempt to align with the Swifties.

Humbly,
Rovercop
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:
I think the first ad should be dumped. The whole Willie Horton angle has been heavily demonized by the Dems.

So what? Horton originally used against Dukakis in the work up to the candidacy, by none other than Algore!
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't want to touch that group with a 10 foot pole. Having said that, their message won't help Kerry in the polls. This is going to get real dirty, folks, let's maintain our high morals and let these other guys sling the mud.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My remarks about Horton doesn't mean that I advocate this group at KFNX. He's not even listed as a regular host. I just wanted to clear up that Willy Horton story that has been spun in to something it wasn't.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That ad is really grasping at straws. Every civilian has a right to have legal representation , somebody has to do it and in some cases you end up setting someone free which you know to not be a good person. The point is he did his job and i cant fault someone for doing heir job properly and legally. Plus whose to say what anyone will do before they do it? I would say releasing this ad would be a bad idea and would only help Kerry.

Last edited by Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 on Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto 3N, I am a life long Republican, but I am not a huge fan of Bush's economic and social policies. I support him because he tells the truth and is not afraid to do what is right.
Same thing in here. I am anti-Kerry because of who he is, and what he has done - not because he is a Democrat. If he was a Republican, I would be just as against him.
I believe most Americans are straight shooters and don't like people who try to con them. We like honesty, openness, and fair play. We hate cheaters and braggarts. It has nothing to do with politics, everything to do with the American character.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
My remarks about Horton doesn't mean that I advocate this group at KFNX. He's not even listed as a regular host. I just wanted to clear up that Willy Horton story that has been spun in to something it wasn't.

My point exactly Zin. Gore is a Dem, he gets a free pass. For Republicans, the ad is bad news.
Rovercop
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Military members have always been held to a high degree of discipline, I wouldn't expect anything less from any content of SBVT origin.

On the other hand, while mudslinging is a caveat to any campaign, I figure that Kerry's people may likely be very distracted by a high profile assault from another source. Right now, the SBVT is assaulted from all liberal media, MSM fronts (have you heard what Err-Amerika radio has been broadcasting?).

Do you suppose it's possible that this contrasting approach might actually help the SBVT message in the long run?

Rovercop - who has no idea. Confused
(Maybe I shouldn't have posted this thread?)

Last edited by Rovercop on Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
That ad is really grasping at straws. Every civilian has a right to have legal representation , somebody has to do it and in some cases you end up setting someone free which you know to not be a good person. The point is he did his job and i cant fault someone for doing heir job properly and legally. Plus whose to say what anyone will do before they do it? I would say releasing this ad would be a bad idea and would only help Kerry.

I agree, Kerry is what the military calls a "Target Rich Environment". There is plenty of good valid stuff to hang him with, no need to get down in the mud.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rovercop: My opinion is that it's another flank attack on Kerry that he has to deflect resources to defend against. It's nasty, but it's effective if it's not disputed. Kerry will burn through his money real quick if there's enough stuff like that ad thrown at him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: