SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Estritch admits defeat
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lwilson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Estritch admits defeat Reply with quote

No wonder that Susan Estritch and her liberal friends are "mad as hell." While on Fox's H&C last week, lamenting the SwiftVet impact on Kerry's campaign, she said that "it will be a shame if he (Kerry) were defeated because of this (the SwiftVet message)."

Go Swifties
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a shame, but it would make my day.
E-Squirrel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would make my Christmas 87 billion times happier! Razz
debewley
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much too early to celebrate BUT:

Wouldn't there be a little poetic justice here? Many veteran's found it difficult to find employment after returning to CONUS because of the lies that Kerry et al had told about their service.

Now it is possible that Kerry is going to be denied the only job he ever really wanted because the Swiftees are telling the truth about his service.
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Estritch admits defeat Reply with quote

lwilson wrote:
No wonder that Susan Estritch and her liberal friends are "mad as hell." While on Fox's H&C last week, lamenting the SwiftVet impact on Kerry's campaign, she said that "it will be a shame if he (Kerry) were defeated because of this (the SwiftVet message)."

Go Swifties

What a sad statement. A shame that Kerry loses because somebody was brave enough to tell America the truth? I think not.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of a better reason for a candidate to be defeated than the fact that he is a liar and a traitor. The swiftees made sure that the American people at least knew that before going to the polls.

No Suzie its not a shame, its a reason for celebration of the democratic process.

Zell Miller
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just goes to show...if the swiftvets can destroy a presidential campaign..that Kerry is in charge of...just how could we expect such a man to be commander of our forces..and wage the war against terror? Can you just imagine his response to a terrorist?
God Bless America,
Greenvale
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now she's trashing the SwiftVets.

Susan the Shrew considers herself some great attorney, but did she learn, or teach, anything in law school? Does the truth only have one side, her side? Lawyers are paid to argue their side, but where do conscience and integrity come in? She's definitely putting partisanship above truth and integrity.

Argue the veracity of the SBVT "assassins'" claims, Susan. Don't attack their integrity until you do the homework. Making up claims of your own is not going to make the SwiftVets go away. They're not here to support GW, they're here to shine the light of day on the truth about Kerry. Kerry needs to respond to them and quit trying to change the subject by attacking GW.

/If you want ammunition to fight the SwiftVets, Susan, ask JFK to sign the 180. I'm sure you'll find all you need to put these issues to rest and get JFK elected in a landslide./sarcasm off

Grow-up Su.
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Estritch admits defeat Reply with quote

One major problem is that when commentators like Estritch come on a program they are never challenged by the host and protected by any challenge from an opposing guest. Estritch is given ample time to make a charge against the opposition and explain her talking points. Why she is given so much air time baffles me too she comes from the Dukasis campaign which we all know was a major failure in not getting the uninformed Democratic base to the polls. I have recently noticed that there is usually only one pro swift boat veteran guest who has to respond to two or more guests from the pro Kerry camp while the commentator is pro Kerry too.

JK
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth consists of a core of 250 veterans all directly involved with the mission Kerry was given for 12 weeks in Vietnam.

SBVT speaks directly to issues involving John Kerry alone, these are the men who served with him.

John Kerry's Winter Soldier investigation consisted of 200 veterans who slandered/libeled hundreds of thousands of veterans of the Vietnam war. Ultimately we have learned many of these cohorts of Kerry’s were not veterans at all but pretenders.

We've learned Kerry really did not throw his medals away, they are on his office wall in the Capitol. Kerry now admits much of his slander/libel was 'over the top', 'youthful exuberance' etc.....

I'll call it a spade as that is what it is.

Kerry lied to congress at Winter Soldier and he frequently lies today.

Considering the effect Kerry's 200+- frauds had whilst lying, I think it is only to be expected that 250 vets telling the truth may very well sink Kerry's boat.

SBVT is also returning much of the valour Kerry stole from these hundreds of thousands of vets all so long ago.

As Kerry’s boat was founded on lies and innuendo I think it's safe to say 'that boat don't float and never did'. The vessel was bound to sink eventually SBVT are doing it the most humane way possible.

Keep the sea **** open boys!
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when she is not bieng disgusting, osterich is funny. Trasparent and funny. Unfortunatly more often than not she's disgusting.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Estritch admits defeat Reply with quote

lwilson wrote:

According to idiotic pundits like that, it is a shame when truth and fact prevail. That's the way they think...and that's why it's time for their marginalization.

Natural selection in the news media in the future will be based on wits, not on titles or wallets.

-- FDL
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Ooops! Reply with quote

Do they teach morals or values at UCLA? She teaches law; ooops!
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all will just love this email that a friend just sent me!
go to www.creators.com

Quote:
by Susan Estrich

All newspaper editors want to know what their readers like. If you would like to read this feature in your local newspaper, please do not hesitate to share your enthusiasm with your local newspaper editor.

RELEASE: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2004, AND THEREAFTER

My Democratic friends are mad as hell, and they aren't going to take it any more.

They are worried, having watched as another August smear campaign, full of lies and half-truths, takes its toll in the polls.

They are frustrated, mostly at the Kerry campaign, for naively believing that just because all the newspapers and news organizations that investigated the charges of the Swift Boat assassins found them to be full of lies and half-truths, they wouldn't take their toll. The word on the street is that Kerry himself was ready to fire back the day the story broke, but that his campaign, believing the charges would blow over if they ignored them, counseled restraint.

But most of all, activists Democrats are angry. As one who lived through an August like this, 16 years ago -- replete with rumors that were lies, which the Bush campaign claimed they had nothing to do with and later admitted they had planted -- I'm angry, too. I've been to this movie. I know how it works. Lies move numbers.

Remember the one about Dukakis suffering from depression after he lost the governorship? (Dukakis not crazy, more at 11.) We lost six points over that lie, planted by George W.'s close friend and colleague in the 1988 campaign, Lee Atwater. Or how about the one about Kitty Dukakis burning a flag at an antiwar demonstration, another out-and-out lie, which the Bush campaign denied having anything to do with, except that it turned out to have come from a United States senator via the Republican National Committee? Lee Atwater later apologized to me for that, too, on his deathbed. Did I mention that Lee's wife is connected to the woman running the Swift Boat campaign?

Never again, we said then.

Not again, Democrats are saying now.

What do you do, Democrats keep asking each other.

The answer is not pretty, but everyone knows what it is.

In 1988, in the days before the so-called independent groups, the candidate called the shots. To Michael Dukakis' credit, depending on how you look at it, he absolutely refused to get into the gutter, even to answer the charges. His theory, like that of some on the Kerry staff, was that answering such charges would only elevate them, give them more attention than they deserved. He thought the American people wanted to hear about issues, not watch a mud-wrestling match. In theory, he was right. In practice, the sad truth is that smears work -- that if you throw enough mud, some of it is bound to stick.

You can't just answer the charges. You can't just say it ain't so.

You have to fight fire with fire, mud with mud, dirt with dirt.

The trouble with Democrats, traditionally, is that we're not mean enough. Dukakis wasn't. I wasn't. I don't particularly like destroying people. I got into politics because of issues, not anger. But too much is at stake to play by Dukakis rules, and lose again.

That is the conclusion Democrats have reached. So watch out. Millions of dollars will be on the table. And there are plenty of choices for what to spend it on.

I'm not promising pretty.

What will it be?

Will it be the three, or is it four or five, drunken driving arrests that Bush and Cheney, the two most powerful men in the world, managed to rack up? (Bush's Texas record has been sealed. Now why would that be? Who seals a perfect driving record?)

After Vietnam, nothing is ancient history, and Cheney is still drinking. What their records suggest is not only a serious problem with alcoholism, which Bush but not Cheney has acknowledged, but also an even more serious problem of judgment. Could Dick Cheney get a license to drive a school bus with his record of drunken driving? (I can see the ad now.) A job at a nuclear power plant? Is any alcoholic ever really cured? So why put him in the most stressful job in the world, with a war going south, a thousand Americans already dead and control of weapons capable of destroying the world at his fingertips.

It has been said that in the worst of times, Kissinger gave orders to the military not to obey Nixon if he ordered a first strike. What if Bush were to fall off the wagon? Then what? Has America really faced the fact that we have an alcoholic as our president?

Or how about Dead Texans for Truth, highlighting those who served in Vietnam instead of the privileged draft-dodging president, and ended up as names on the wall instead of members of the Air National Guard. I'm sure there are some mothers out there who are still mourning their sons, and never made that connection. It wouldn't be so hard to find them.

Or maybe it will be Texas National Guardsmen for Truth, who can explain exactly what George W. Bush was doing while John Kerry was putting his life on the line. So far, all W. can do is come up with dental records to prove that he met his obligations. Perhaps with money on the table, or investigators on their trail, we will learn just what kind of wild and crazy things the president was doing while Kerry was saving a man's life, facing enemy fire and serving his country.

Or could it be George Bush's Former Female Friends for Truth. A forthcoming book by Kitty Kelly raises questions about whether the president has practiced what he preaches on the issue of abortion. As Larry Flynt discovered, a million dollars loosens lips. Are there others to be loosened?

Are you shocked? Not fair? Who said anything about fair? Remember President Dukakis? He was very fair. Now he teaches at Northeastern University. John Kerry has been very fair in dealing with the Swift Boat charges. That's why so many of my Democrat friends have decided to stop talking to the campaign, and start putting money together independently.

The arrogant little Republican boys who have been strutting around New York this week, claiming that they have this one won, would do well to take a step back. It could be a long and ugly road to November.

To find out more about Susan Estrich, and read features by other Creators Syndicate writers and cartoonists, visit the Creators Syndicate web page at www.creators.com.

COPYRIGHT 2004 CREATORS SYNDICATE, INC.
Originally Published on Wednesday September 1, 2004
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that piece of hate and promptly sent Ms Screech an e-mail telling her just what I thought about her lack of substance.

Response to the truth is hate ---- how sad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: