SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The "Brass Ring" slips away !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: The "Brass Ring" slips away !! Reply with quote

Well, as an avid supporter of the Swift Vets and this forum, I am thoroughly disgusted with this book issue.

I have been waiting now for two weeks (plus), in two major cities, from 3 books stores (B/N, Hastings being the two big ones). Saturday I decided to drive 100 miles to Phoenix to do some shopping. While there I went to Borders and a couple of other book stores and I still got the "deer in the headlights" look.

I haven't given up on this issue by any means.. but how about the hundreds of thousands or maybe millions of people that saw the controversy and were (are) sitting on the fence. This (the book) could have been the eye opener for all of them if this fiasco hadn't happened. They might look, or ask, for the book once, wanting information on the issue, but I am sure they won't pursue it for 3 weeks like I have been (and to no avail to boot).

You don't get that many chances at the "Brass Ring" and this brass ring is slipping away rapidly. Once the fence sitters are lost and the attack dogs have done their best to discredit the Vets (without the book, it is a he said, he said issue).. they are gone forever.

I am not a pessimist and I could be wrong.. but man was this a screw up BIG TIME. I'm have now driven hundreds of miles trying to get a copy of Unfit for Command (including one trip when a book store told me they had it and would hold it for me but when I got there they said they never had it to begin with) and now I have about had it.

So, I can imagine what the fence sitters did and thought. They gave it one shot to find the book (or would have bought it on an impluse if it was on the shelf in front of them) when the subject was on the news day after day and being hotly argued. But since the book wasn't on the shelf then (or now almost 3 weeks into this issue) it has now been forgotten and or shrugged off and you will never get them back.

Soon the Publishers are going to say.. see I told you so, the book didn't sell well.. what are we going to do with all these left over copies (that should have been in the hands of thousands of people that wanted info on the issue.

RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
togglea1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Those having read the book, pass it on to a Kerry supporter. Reply with quote

I received my book from Amazon and today on Sept. 4th, I have already ready half the book at one sitting. I plan on finishing it as quick as possible and then sending it to my Sister in Michigan. Her husband hates Bush and all Republicans or anyone supporting Bush. I know she will at least read the book and hopefully her husband will too,

If all of us will give our books to someone else who is a Kerry supporter then we can double the effectiveness of what we are trying to accomplished. GET THE TRUTH OUT.
Please don't give the book to a BUSH supporter and waste the opportunity to effect those who are really just voting blindly for Kerry.

Please fellow Americans GIVE your read copies of Unfit For Command to those that you know are Democrat supporters. We still have 60 days till election time and maybe we can circulate this book to millions who would never otherwise know the truth.

Let's all make haste. Our future may just depend on us as individual Americans.

Sincerely,
Dale
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Those having read the book, pass it on to a Kerry suppor Reply with quote

togglea1 wrote:
I received my book from Amazon and today on Sept. 4th, I have already ready half the book at one sitting. I plan on finishing it as quick as possible and then sending it to my Sister in Michigan. Her husband hates Bush and all Republicans or anyone supporting Bush. I know she will at least read the book and hopefully her husband will too,

If all of us will give our books to someone else who is a Kerry supporter then we can double the effectiveness of what we are trying to accomplished. GET THE TRUTH OUT.
Please don't give the book to a BUSH supporter and waste the opportunity to effect those who are really just voting blindly for Kerry.

Please fellow Americans GIVE your read copies of Unfit For Command to those that you know are Democrat supporters. We still have 60 days till election time and maybe we can circulate this book to millions who would never otherwise know the truth.

Let's all make haste. Our future may just depend on us as individual Americans.

Sincerely,
Dale

It may help to tell Bush-haters that you understand that they might not want to vote for Bush, but to Please just not vote for Kerry. They can leave the Presidential race blank on their ballot, or write somebody in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: