SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ralph Nader gets no respect from Kerry and Kind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Ralph Nader gets no respect from Kerry and Kind Reply with quote

Ralph Nader reports on his campaign's difficulty in getting on the ballot in many states due to legal antics of the Dems. To no avail, he has directly asked for JFK's help in righting this wrong.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60689-2004Sep3.html

Some excerpts from an article on washingtonpost.com:

Quote:

. . .Watching their bullying maneuvers and harassing lawsuits around the country, I marvel at the absence of condemnation by Sen. John F. Kerry or Terry McAuliffe, the Democratic National Committee chairman.

Sen. Kerry told us that he would look into this situation seven weeks ago but we have not heard back from him yet. Around the same time, McAuliffe told me in a phone conversation that he actively approved of these organized efforts, one of which is ironically called the Ballot Project. He urged me to run only in the 31 states considered to be locked up by one of the two candidates. . .

. . .When I talked to Kerry, I cautioned him that if he did not order a stop to the dirty tricks of his Democratic underlings and allies, he may face a mini-Watergate type of scandal. For Democrats and Republicans who care about civil liberties, free speech and an equal right to run for elective office, this festering situation should invite their very focused demands to cease and desist.

Hand it to the Democrats to keep some costs down, though. A contractor they hired in Michigan to make phone calls to check the validity of our tens of thousands of signatures outsourced the work to India.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kerry had his way no one else would be on the ballot but him. Saddam Hussein got 99% of the vote (in his "free" elections) this way.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not right. Watch for their after election antics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: