SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking through a woman/wife/mothers eyes about Kerry.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poposwife_Retiredarmywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Looking through a woman/wife/mothers eyes about Kerry. Reply with quote

I am a home maker, a mother and a wife. My husband spent 22 years in the military, he enlisted in 1975 of his own free will
....in the aftermath of all that the "Kerry Kamp" brought to our country.

He is now a civillian Police officer, serving and protecting us in yet another way.

I've been following both "campaigns" closely for the last two months. Both my husband and I have looked with a jandiced eye at records produced, accusations presented, and all of the "Hype" we have seen.

My husband is a Staunch Republican. I vote for who I feel will run the nation...instead of abuse the office.

I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, I didn't feel as though he would do right by us. So, please don't think this is a "vote for bush" post. Its not.

I don't want to be a voter that votes for him because of "Not Kerry" just as I would rather NO ONE votes for Kerry just because of "Not Bush"

I think we all know that campaign promises are exactly that, promises. They are hopes and dreams for what may happen if they get the support they need.

Instead of buying into the media, I've fallen back on what many women do. People watching. The ones I've been watching, body language...facial tone...the way they are when they are associating with their wives and children.

From a womans eye...who would *I* want standing there representing my family? Who would I be proud of at a dinner engagement....to set the tone of international meetings....to actually perform politics?

(Using this definition- Not the popular one today of maneuvering through the spotlight. According to websters)
(used with a sing. verb)
The art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs.

Who would I be proud of. Myself not a churchgoing woman, nevertheless believing there is something more than us out there.
Who would I trust?
Who do I want my grandchildren to study as a role model in school?
Who would I want in my home for coffee?
Who do I want out there as the face of America?

So, I watched...listened...and waited. We all are young once, make stupid mistakes....get on the wrong track. My goal was "Did he learn from any of this?" This is what I found.

It all boils down to this.....The liar is the first one to turn around and bite back. A liar is the one who begins with accusations. Transfers guilt. Who attacked who first? We all know the answer to that.

I have watched John Kerrys interviews from the 70's
I have watched clips from his political career
I have watched him now.

He is the same man NOW as he was then. His body language is the same, his expressions...his tonality.
He is the same man NOW as the man who on national television degraded our country, watched while people burned OUR flag...urinated on it. Stood there in front of thousands while communist flags flew around him.
He is the same man NOW as the man in the picture in Hanoi
The same man who freely admitted to being a war criminal
The same man who met with people who wanted to assasinate our leaders.
The same man who by these actions should by all rights have gone to prison. Treason and Treachery do not even begin to describe this man.

He has no self respect, no dignity. He is a pseudo intellectual, with perhaps a high IQ...but no common sense. He is unable to retain control of his emotions.

To be honest...the more I watched him....the more repulsed I became. His self satisfied expression makes me think these very simplified yet true words "He doesn't even LOOK like a president!" Petty yes...but a fact that gets downplayed most times. A man can't give "face" forever, eventually the inside shows. No one wants to be represented by someone that makes you feel as though he's looking down his nose at you, as though he's smelled something unpleasant.

This has nothing to do with medals...during that era many officers got medals just for being in an "area". Nothing to do with his silly Christmas "dream" or what dates he was hither or thither.

It has everything to do with personal, and professional honor.

It is because of him lives were forever changed, men who came home to be spit on and cursed because of what this man LIED about on television.
Because of him more pain was visited on our fellow human beings. Mentally and physically.

This is about the MAN who decided that he hated his country. Hated what it stood for. Hated our govenment. Hated our soldiers. Hated US.

I would be embarressed to have him in my home. Humiliated to have him represent me to another country. Ashamed to call him president.

Swift Boat Veterans......
Thank you for pointing this homemaker into the right direction to find out what that "Man" is made of. I've taken it upon myself to talk with people here...many of them also "Undeclared" and directed them to your cause. I count 5 minds changed, and more on the way.

Lorelei Williams
Popos wife
Retired Army Wife
Mother of four beautiful children
Interested voter for truth
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What eloquent message, and a whole 'nother way of looking at things. Thanks for taking the time to write it.
mascari
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome letter Lorelei....I'm convinced there are still enough of us to keep such a man from becoming CIC.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post. Like you, I'm not the biggest Bush fan, but am disgusted that a man like Kerry would even be allowed to run for president. I'm young (21) and had never heard about all the horrible things Kerry did when he returned from Vietnam until the Swift Boat Vets came along. Throwing away your medals, then using them to run for president 30 years later is disgraceful. What I found really shocking, though, was that Kerry has openly admitted to committing war crimes. He's either a war criminal or a pathological liar. Either way, he should NOT be running for president! Would anyone nominate one of the Abu Ghraib prison guards for president? Not a chance! Instead, the prison guards being thrown in jail for committing war crimes - which is exactly where Kerry belongs!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lorelei

You have reached your own conclusion in a way that suits your sense of self-honor and I respect that. I wish that many others would sit down and ask the questions you asked and studied carefully your own instincts and feelings about all aspects of that man. I think that we need to tune into our instincts and let our consciences be our guide a little more often.

When I saw the pictures of the bodies of dead children in Russia at that school I grieved. And, as a grandparent, I know that I never ever want that kind of thing happening anywhere again let alone in Ameria. The war on terror is simply too real, too serious and too dangerous to allow a man like John Kerry to lead this nation. I love my family more than I do my party and I am convinced that President Bush will always put our nation first above all else. The swiftvets reported for duty too. They knew something about John Kerry that many, many people did not know. I trust them. God bless you.
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautifull letter.

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Poposwife_Retiredarmywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: I want to clear something up...I just reread my post. Reply with quote

Thank you so much for taking time to read my veiws.

When I said my Grandchildren....I was speaking of my grandbabies of the future. I'm younger than my husband, I'm 33 years old. I was just a young girl when he started serving. I'm honored that he chose me to be the mother of his children, his wife and his best friend.

By the time our children have their own, this era will be in the history books. I don't want to have to look at my progeny and have to explain what happened to our country when "President Kerry" gained office.

I grieve for those children also. I had to explain to mine about it. They are 13b, 12b, 9g, and 8g. Only my oldest could fully comprehend the horror of it. This, especially this time....is no time to conduct a "sensitive" war on terrorism.

Our most important future is at stake, our children. I do not trust this man with my children.

Lorelei
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your beautiful post. I hadn't realized it until I read your post that I find the same things about Kerry so very disturbing. Maybe it's my feminine intuition and all that! Very Happy

I wasn't a Kerry supporter at the start of all this, but after I read this web site and started to read Kerry's military records, 2+2 didn't equal 4. As a former USAF officer I knew how to read between the lines of his military FITREPS and saw the blatent weaknesses there. Most of the MSM doesn't have that background and just sees the obvious there.

It all points to such a disturbing lack of character. Gore bothered me in just the same way - made my skin crawl to watch him in 2000. I think there was a bit of a divine hand at work with Bush and the election - I hope so!

Clinton was the same way - OK, I'll maybe buy your story as the first womanizing allegation comes out...but when it's the second woman...and the third...and so on, and so on. Forget about it! They can't all be lying - Clinton was.

Kerry is just the latest in a long line of spineless, characterless Democrat wanna-be's. Perfectly reflective of the lack of philosophical "coherence" in the Demo party today. I believe strongly in the two party system - I hope this time (if he loses) the Dems will start to take a long, hard look at who they are and what they stand for.

MJB
USAF '88-'92
para-eagle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent post: assessing a person's body language and facial expressions is one time-tested way to ascertain someone's character. Juries are known for using this technique in reaching a verdict on whether a defendant is innocent or guilty.

I also appreciated your views on being a military wife/mother.

Although I am a daughter (Navy brat) I can recall when my dad came home from Vietnam: no family "welcome home" party, no neighbors dropping by to say "Good to see you back," no invitations for supper at "friend's" homes, no recognition at Church, no nothing for my dad.

Would you like to know how my dad's arrival home was announced?
After arriving home from school, my mom said that she had a surprise for me. She asked me to find the "surprise." And I found him - hiding under the kitchen table.

I will never forget what my mom's response was to my query as to whether dad was going to be having a welcome-home party. She said that "things are different - coming home for them is not what it was for WW2 vets." She said that it was hard on my dad.

Kerry and his ilk had their day - now its *my* turn.

S/para-eagle
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am also a military wife and mother...I am also a vet. One of the best things about swiftvets is they are just giving the truth and only the truth about what they know and leaving up to us, the voter, to decide. It is not political for them...it is about the man John Kerry.

I am glad that people are beginning to see who John Kerry is.
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful posts. Expressed what I think many of us women feel. I remember how my brother was treated when he returned home from Nam. I was a nursing student and on floor duty. He came to see me and when I asked for a few minutes to go see him..I was told...I guess so...how many babies has he killed? John Kerry doesn't get it! The hurt that he put this nation thru. The lives that still bare the scabs of his actions. My husband was in college for 2 years and served in the national guard. According to Kerry I guess his service doesn't count for anything..and for the record...my husband was from a lower economic group and no one...no one had to pull strings to get him in...he walked into the recruiting office.
Thank you one and all for your posts...and most of all thank you Swifties for your wake up call to the nation.
God Bless America,
Greenvale
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Changing Minds Reply with quote

Lorelei
Quote:
I've taken it upon myself to talk with people here...many of them also "Undeclared" and directed them to your cause. I count 5 minds changed, and more on the way.

Fantastic letter Lorelei, and the most important part was that you were moved to influence others. I am with you, and believe the true face of Kerry was revealed long ago, and that the word must be spread. It is difficult to talk about politics with friends and neighbors, or maybe even in your family, as it is such a touchy subject, but we must broach the subject. The truth is so compelling, that once you can talk people past the MSM spin, you see the light bulbs go off over their head. Hopefully, they will tell others, and the exponential effect will ripple throughout the electorate. Judging from Kerry's poll numbers and the way the media has handled the story, I believe more minds are being convinced sitting on the front porch than by watching or reading the main stream news.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Lorelei,

I too found your post to be moving and succinct. We have a new little Lorelei, my daughter's best friend had her two months early, but thanks to a wonderful hospital after weighing only 3 pounds at birth was able to go home a month early and is now a whopping 9 pounds healthy baby.
I have two new little grandbabies and whenever I see them or their pictures I wonder will their world be a safe place for them, and then the
the families in Russia whose children were massacred yesterday after three days of hell, how the terrorists had no feeling for those little children, unmoved by their thirst, or the heat, then killing many of them and leaving others to endure nightmares the rest of their lives. How the killers had ties to Al-Queda. How I grieve for those families.

I too have compared Kerry to Bush and have found it almost breathtaking that the DNC chose him as their candidate, a man such as Kerry, with such a dishonorable past, with no charactor, who has been labeled an opportunist for over thirty plus years. I remember those days when my brother served in Vietnam in the Special Forces then went to Germany after he was out and became a heroin addict for a couple of years. How my husband's life was determined by a fishbowl with his birthday written on a slip of paper, since he didn't get picked, is he a coward too?

I look back and see how many were manipulated by Kerry and other's actions to bring down our military, to tear our country apart, to lose respect for our institutions, to question our right to defend ourselves, to have pride in our country, to honor those who serve. I marched against
the Vietnam War but was never comfortable with those who used the opportunity to destroy property or desecrate the flag, or call the police
pigs, I just couldn't cut it as a hippy, and now I see that same rhetoric
from those on the left, to those who weren't around then it seems brand
new, I see it as old, past our time, the liberals just don't know it yet, they
are the dinosaurs of our age.
The words of Zell Miller still echo in my head, "our military are not occupiers, they are and have been liberators," it is not the agitator who
keeps our freedon safe but the soldier, not the newsmen, but the soldier.

God Bless America, and God Bless our Military.......
ontheright
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my! What a wonderful post. Have you considered sending that into your local newspaper?

As a mother myself, all I can do is echo your sentiments! I've seen the same things you've seen in Kerry and I, too, am more and more repulsed each and every time he opens his mouth.

I've never been in the military but my two brothers and a brother-in-law are Vietnam Vets. I've seen the effects people like Hanoi Jane and Hanoi John had on these guys. IMHO Kerry has no redeemable qualities whatsoever.

Thanks for spreading the news!
kurtsprincess
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lorelei for articulating so eloquently what I've felt about this man from the moment I saw him in the primaries after all these years. I can fully understand the POW's having strong reactions to his voice, because I know I did. I didn't need the SBVT to tell me this man is not to be trusted. I remember him from the war protests........I thought he was a traitor then, and I know he's a traitor now.......and I'm so thankful the SBVT are standing up and putting their lives on the line again. You have my heartfelt admiration and thanks!

I am a military wife and my husband has been Active Duty National Guard for over 25 years. He is a very honorable man and will honor the office of the CIC no matter who is in office........which is why it is so important that Kerry not be elected. I cannot stomach, for one minute, my husband being forced to show respect for that man.

I have donated, and will continue to donate, so that those ads can keep airing. I e-mail, I post on message boards, I engage anyone I can in a discussion about Kerry's actions when he returned ......... so many young people today are clueless.

I encourage everyone to be as brave as the Swiftees and get the word out there.......this man is not to be trusted with your life, your children's lives and certainly not our military men and women's lives!

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: