SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NY Times: Kerry Generates Hits SBVT Hits Down???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just their latest--and most desperate--attempt to kill this issue once and for all. The MSM have been proclaiming for weeks that this issue is OVER, and that we should all just move along. But we don't, because we've seen the truth and the Swift Boat Vets cannot be silenced. This is driving the MSM insane!!

Seriously, let's count the ways...

Total Media blackout about the Swift Boat Veteran story. Then completely one-sided attack articles to "properly frame" the issue as evil-Bush groups vs. Angelic Kerry. Ambush interviews (i.e. Chris Matthews attacking Michelle Malkin). Wildly innacurate (perhaps on purpose) reporting of the facts. Conclusion articles that state the veterans have been discredited (this is perhaps the most horrible, for it is a blatant lie, something the media can never retract because they would be exposed as liars once and for all). And now follow-up articles to try to say, "hey look! Everyone has moved along! No one is following this story anymore. You should move along too!"

This is shameful. I think we need to bypass the MSM in the future.
ontheright
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could they possibly know how many hits this site receives? What are they doing, hacking into the server? There are no hit counters here that I see and there's no other way for them to know.

I'm on dial-up and have had a heck of a time loading this site during the afternoon hours. That's usually a sign of very high traffic!

Just more lies! Rolling Eyes
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be not discouraged.

The impact on sKerry is evident and the public is ready to believe legitimate veterans.

The Bill O'Reilly/O'Neill interview on Tuesday night will regenerate interest.

Stolen Honor will remind folks of the issue.

Be optimistic.
James Byrd
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwiddling web hits, is that guys nuts? Sorry, I answered my own question.
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=www.swiftvets.com
That will give you the web stats and they look pretty healthy to me.
Dave S
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: This site is serving its purpose Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Nor should it be forgotton that there is a rapidly growing population of web entities that are getting involved in the exploration of this effort. Swiftvets.com and the blogosphere may no longer be the only dance in town.

Absolutely right. Remember, too, that this site is staying on its message. The rest of us are slinging the invective and engaging in debate. As the issue broadened and the controversy widened, other messages and messengers have jumped in. That's what happens when an issue captures the public's interest.

It would be interesting, though, to be able to count all the page hits across all the relevant posts on all the sites that have taken up this issue.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
I think that what the reporter is looking at is the result of moving the Swifts main site off of the same server as the bulletin board!

OF COURSE the traffic to the site dwindled! LOL! Very Happy

I would expect the hits to Kerry's site to go up. I hope they do. It is my bet that people are checking out his medals! LOL! Oops.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
How would they know? Maybe they visited the sight in the late afternoon and the next day early in the morning to make such a statement! Wouldn't surprise me. That is just too funny! They must really be worried Rolling Eyes I'm not! I think the truth is getting out about John Kerry regardless of how much the MSM have really tried to suppress the truth. Funny about the truth...always has a way of rearing it's head when you least expect it!

Sweet Mama didn't raise no fool...!!!

I was wondering the same thing. How would they know? I don't think there is any way for them to know unless they are looking for google hits on each subject. I don't believe them and think you are absolutely right.
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the front page of the discussion board:

Our users have posted a total of 52771 articles
We have 5394 registered users

This is up by 1000+ users in less than a week. and that is just on the discussion boards.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:

This is up by 1000+ users in less than a week. and that is just on the discussion boards.

Good point. I had forgotten about that. It would be interesting to know how many REAL hits we get though. The mods might know. Registered users and posts really is not indicative of how many views we have.
rmeals
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: 42,000 Reply with quote

Over 42,000 contributors! How big a chart will the New York Times have to create to show how they all directly tie to Rove?
RemodelingGuy
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexa rank looks good and steady!

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=swiftvets.com

It has peaks and valleys, but it's not brain surgery to see that August was a good month!

It's ranked in the 14,000's out of MILLIONS of websites!

GOOD WORK

And Rolling Eyes to the NY Times.
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:

yeah, I looked at the memberlist. out of the 5398 registered users, only 2171 of them have posted.

of them, 1512 of them have posted more than twice.

865 have posted more than five times.

634 have ten or more posts.

21 users have been banned, so they can be dropped from the total number of registered users.

that means 3206 registered users have been silent. that's more than half. why are they so quiet!?!?!?
ohanakat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickb wrote:
that means 3206 registered users have been silent. that's more than half. why are they so quiet!?!?!?

This is actually a phenomenal level of participation and 2 to 4 times the "norm" of 10 to 20% posters to total audience that's experienced around the Web. This site, because of the narrow focus, would be expected to come in in the upper range, but 40% is beyond that!

Kat
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohanakat wrote:
nickb wrote:

This is actually a phenomenal level of participation and 2 to 4 times the "norm" of 10 to 20% posters to total audience that's experienced around the Web. This site, because of the narrow focus, would be expected to come in in the upper range, but 40% is beyond that!

Kat

I don't know "what's expected" but if I take the effort to register at a discussion board, I post there. It's not like you have to register to view posts, etc...
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

producehawk wrote:
Thanks I was wondering what the latest figures were on contri Laughing butions

OOH-YAH! I hope you would all do what I have done...make it a monthly donation on scheduled payments Very Happy

Swift Boats Vets keep them...keepin on! DONATE - DONATE- DONATE!

Kerry in control, NEVER Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: