SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sink Kerry Swiftly!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be willing to host the images for those who want to print them out...

I also have a vendor which charges $800 for 5000 Bumper Stickers, 2 color, but they can also do custom work as well...

Let me know if you need assistence, but their lag time may be an issue. I have used them before.

I made up one for the web in Photoshop from scratch, if anyone likes it, I'll resize it in several sizes so one can use it, and post links here.

Tom, I sent you an email with some other info.

Regards,
Joe

Version #1

Buttonized #2

Buttonized #3

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

Last edited by Sonar5 on Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in Tom

I just sent you an email.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Swiftee Supporter

I've already ordered 4000 in four colors vinyl repositionable 11 3/4" x 3" stickers. You can buy 100 for $100 + $15.00 for FedEx Shipping.

I suggest distributing them for a $5.00 contribution to Swiftvets and giving your profits to Swiftvets or giving them away and pleading for on-line contributions. I think of this as a force multiplier.

If you don't have a hundred friends or co-workers to distribute the stickers to I'm sure you probably have 10 with $10 to give to a good cause... and each of them also have 10 friends.

I'd prefer not to set up a Paypal account for what will be no more that 37 orders. If you want to buy a batch of 100 send a check for $115.00 to:

G. Thomas Mortensen
Address and Telephone number
available at velero108@comcast.net

Larger quantities are available at the same price per 100. Please provide a valid FedEx delivery address either via email or enclosed with you check.

Your check won’t' be cashed until FedEx has confirmed delivery to you. I expect to be able to ship them next Friday or Saturday, September 10th or 11th.. BTW, I enlisted in the U.S. Navy 39 years ago on 10 Sep 65.

Any profits from my effort will be given to Swiftvets!

Thanks,

Tom

Mr. Mortensen (aka RiverRat), is a retired Chief Financial Officer in the investment management industry and served in the U.S. Navy from September 1965 to November 1969. He extended his Navy enlistment and volunteered for Mobile Riverine duty in Vietnam. He served as a Boat Captain and Patrol Officer in US Navy Task Forces CTF 117 and 116 from November of 1968 until November of 1969. He served our republic in River Division 92, Nov of 68 to March of 69, and was a Plankowner (founding member) in River Division 595/153 serving there from March 69 to November 69. He was awarded a Silver Star, a Navy Commendation Medal w/ Combat “V”, and a Purple Heart as well as several unit citations including 3 Presidential Unit Citations. He also has a piece of self-inflicted “friendly fire” shrapnel in his stomach for which he was too embarrassed, apparently unlike Senator Kerry, to request a Purple Heart. He may be reached at velero108@comcast.net

Last edited by ASPB on Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe someone could do something with this:

GIVE KERRY A SWIFT BOOT
ASPB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
Herb
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Sink Kerry Swiftly! Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Just had a synapse collapse.

Anyone out there that can design in Adobe photoshop a Bumper Sticker?

1. Background. Vietnam Service Ribbon
2. Upper left corner. Swiftvets logo
3. Centered: Sink Kerry Swiftly!

Design it and I'll buy and give away 1000 in California.

I am late to this but I would be uncomfortable with the VSM, since I don't have one.

I wouldn't mind a National Defense or something that is NOT an earned medal for those of us who never had toured Vietnam.
ASPB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herb,

The VSM colors have been used on bumper stickers for 35 years and not just by vets. Besides, you won't be pinning it above left breast! Wink

By having Swiftvets on it you're just showing your support for 264 guys who have the right to wear it.

BTW, Anne and John O'Neill have already requested theirs. Laughing
ASPB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumped for Truth!
markasass
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Posted On Bill O'Reilly Feedback Zone (BOR FZ) Reply with quote

I've posted a "Sink Kerry Swiftly bumper stickers" topic thread, on the Bill O'Reilly Feedback Zone (BOR FZ) message board, under the TV Feedback subject area, which is the most heavily-trafficked area. I included links to the PDF file, this SBVT thread, and the ordering e-mail address. I hope to soon start seeing these all over the place.

"Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. To all the people you can. As long as you ever can." - Wesley
ASPB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
ASPB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 25 lots of 100 left! After costs you can contribute approx. $400 to Swiftvets and possibly influence thousands of votes. Think about it!

I've already ordered 4000 in four colors repositionable 11 3/4 x 3 stickers. You can buy 100 for $100 + $15.00 for FedEx Shipping. That’s $1.00 per sticker plus shipping. If you were to order them one-off from such suppliers as Café Press they would cost $2.49 each with no profit to Swiftvets.

I suggest distributing them for a $5.00 contribution to Swiftvets and giving your profits to Swiftvets or giving them away and pleading for on-line contributions. By making this commitment you may be able to give as much as $400 to Swiftvets after recovering your cost. I think of this as a force multiplier.

If you want to buy a batch of 100 send a personal check for $115.00 to:

G. Thomas Mortensen
contact me at velero108@comcast.net for mailing and telephone info.

Your personal or company check will not be cashed until FedEx has confirmed delivery to you. I expect to be able to ship them next Friday or Saturday, September 10th or 11th. I'd prefer not to set up a Paypal account for what will be no more that 37 orders.

Please provide your FedEx delivery address and telephone number via email. This will insure prompt delivery and the ability to communicate with me.

Larger quantities are available at the same price per 100.

Any profits from my effort will be given to Swiftvets!

Thanks for your interest and support of Swiftvets.

Tom

Mr. Mortensen (aka RiverRat), is a retired Chief Financial Officer in the investment management industry and served in the U.S. Navy from September 1965 to November 1969. He extended his Navy enlistment and volunteered for Mobile Riverine duty in Vietnam. He served as a Boat Captain and Patrol Officer in US Navy Task Forces CTF 117 and 116 from November of 1968 until November of 1969. He served our republic in River Division 92, Nov of 68 to March of 69, and was a Plankowner (founding member) in River Division 595/153 serving there from March 69 to November 69. He was awarded a Silver Star, a Navy Commendation Medal w/ Combat “V”, and a Purple Heart as well as several unit citations including 3 Presidential Unit Citations. He also has a piece of self-inflicted “friendly fire” shrapnel in his stomach for which he was too embarrassed, apparently unlike Senator Kerry, to request a Purple Heart. He may be reached at velero108@comcast.net

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOD I HATE THE THOUGHT OF KERRY IN THE MORNING
ASPB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about showing a little support for our effort. There are about 23 batches left.
Skywatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone is interested in making their bumper stickers, Zachstar was kind enough to host two more files.

http://www.zelda3d.zeldapower.com/sbvt4lg.jpg
http://www.zelda3d.zeldapower.com/sbvt4.wmf

One is a very large, high quality jpg (bitmap) file and the other is a rescalable wmf (Windows meta file) and should print the best at any size.

The preferred aproach is simply to take up ASPB on his bulk purchase offer but some may want to just print their own bumper stickers and send some $$ to the SBVfT. If you do want to make your own, there are places on the internet that sell vinyl bumper sticker kits for inket printers.

ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skywatch,

As much as I want sell what I've purchased, I strongly support this effort! Very Happy

Thanks,

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: