SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pentagon to Investigate Kerry's Medals and Citations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiptie wrote:
I love this quote from the Kerry camp:

Quote:
"The facts are clear," said Mr Meehan. "The navy awarded John Kerry the Silver Star, a Bronze Star with Combat V and three Purple Hearts. This is a waste of taxpayers' dollars and the Pentagon's time, especially during wartime."

"Wasting taxpayers dollars...........especially during wartime"

This is becoming such a comedy of dumb statements.

It's in character; based on his voting record, John Kerry believes the Pentagon is a waste of taxpayers' dollars, even during wartime.
shamrockgreen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tiptie wrote:
I love this quote from the Kerry camp.

(from the Telegraph article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/09/05/wus05.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/09/05/ixworld.html)

Quote:
"The facts are clear," said Mr Meehan. "The navy awarded John Kerry the Silver Star, a Bronze Star with Combat V and three Purple Hearts. This is a waste of taxpayers' dollars and the Pentagon's time, especially during wartime."

"Wasting taxpayers dollars...........especially during wartime"

This is becoming such a comedy of dumb statements.

How much money? If the Navy can't afford, us Navy Wives can always pinch a penny to support the cause. I would be more than willing to pass a hat around for this one.......
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was Mr. Meehan when the Senate hearings were going on in 1971?

We certainly had the time and money to "waste" then "during wartime".

Time out for a little comedy. In the movie "Chicago" when the defense attorney was in trouble, the announcer broke in with the statement......"Ladies and gentlemen...a tap dance".

We are now seeing a meltdown and all that is left is tap dancing..........
LiveFreeOrDie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Will the JAG use external sources such as Kerry's own diaries, the Brinkley book, the Kranish book, Unfit for Command and testimony of witnesses, or will he/she just use Navy records?

As you know Kerry contradicts himself on many points and the JAG will not see this unless he/she compares the alternative source materials to the Navy records.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiveFreeOrDie,

The JAG is a federal prosecutor and can subpeona all relavant records and evidence....and will.

Edit: I am assuming they will if they don't get cooperation. That is what any competant prosecutor would do. [I may be getting the legal term wrong, but basically if there is any evidence that relates to a case, the prosecutor can get his gloves on it.]

Truth is Beauty
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Pentagon to Investigate Kerry's Medals and Citations Reply with quote

Quote:
Among other records to be examined is a citation of Mr Kerry for bravery that was apparently signed by the former Navy Secretary, John Lehman, and contributed to the award of his silver star. The glowing citation states: "By his brave actions, bold initiative and unwavering devotion to duty, Lt Kerry reflected great credit on himself." But Mr Lehman denies all knowledge of the commendation. "It's a total mystery to me," he said last week. "I never saw it, I never signed it and I never approved it." .

That says it all...as soon as Lehman said the above....they had to do an investigation....its one thing to not like a guy....its another thing if it appears that guy has been screwing around.....they may find nothing wrong here....but the have to check, they have no option. As soon as Lehman said the above, it forces the check....Navy crediblity obligates them to.
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The facts are clear," said Mr Meehan. "The navy awarded John Kerry the Silver Star, a Bronze Star with Combat V and three Purple Hearts.

Notice he didn't say Silver Star with Combat V. Interesting.
Indianbaboon said:
Quote:
LOL, they should do a mockumentary using the JAG TV show stars of the KErry flap.

I guarantee they will, but it will be from the Left/hollywood slant. Won't be pretty. Dollars to donuts.
Now the aspiring CinC will have to attack the Navy (again). No, actually Bush will be painted as behind it all. Rolling Eyes
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could it be that admirial Shachtee, (sorry about spelling) since he was the number two at jag, still has friends there that might be upset at him being called a liar? Perhaps this is being helped along by his influence.
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Indianbaboon"]as I said earlier, at most they might mildly slap him on the hand over the combat V, I doubt they'll even touch the purple hearts.

[quote]

altering military records is a slap on the hand?
Malvern
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassInd wrote:
Quote:
Now the aspiring CinC will have to attack the Navy (again). No, actually Bush will be painted as behind it all.

You know, I think you're right. I'm waiting for the dnc to blame Pres. Bush for hurricane Frances. Rolling Eyes THAT'S how outrageous they're getting.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="gilliam"][quote="Indianbaboon"]as I said earlier, at most they might mildly slap him on the hand over the combat V, I doubt they'll even touch the purple hearts.

Quote:

altering military records is a slap on the hand?

it deserves a lot more, i'm just being pessimistic as to what will actually result of the JAG investigation. I'm good at pessimism.
kmf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
Question: Will the JAG use external sources such as Kerry's own diaries, the Brinkley book, the Kranish book, Unfit for Command and testimony of witnesses, or will he/she just use Navy records?

As you know Kerry contradicts himself on many points and the JAG will not see this unless he/she compares the alternative source materials to the Navy records.

I wouldn't have any problem if the only book they used was Unfit For Command.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indianbaboon wrote:

it deserves a lot more, i'm just being pessimistic as to what will actually result of the JAG investigation. I'm good at pessimism.

Lowering expectations. No one wants to be disappointed.

One way not to be disappointed would be to know specifically what charges they are investigating. It might be they would not go any further.

On the other hand, most anything of Kerry's they investigate is likely to lead to something underhanded on his part. I think they'll find the smoking M60 just 'breaking-apart' in their hands. I can't see them just throwing up their hands and saying - gee, what a pickle!
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would President Bush allow it (publicizing any Kerry-Navy records problems)? If Bush in fact has anything to say about it, definitely not. Bush has and will continue to take the high road … unless he’s down in the polls come November. Poor Kerry.
swiftsocks
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something really smells fishy here ! The date for sure is May 2004, but the mention of being 11 points ahead is telling.

Last week, AP Wire Services got caught lying about Pres Bush wishing Clinton a "swift" recovery. The article said the crowd responded with boos and turned out to be a complete and total lie. AP has yet to admit to the lie or retract the article. The leftist media has given Kerry a complete pass to SVBT.

There most certainly has been enough doubt cast on Kerry's medals and
everything he has said. We need to DEMAND answers now....not AFTER the election...and we deserve to hear from Kerry.......not his goons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: