SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The "Early Bird"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badbobusnret
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: The "Early Bird" Reply with quote

Mod note: I've edited the title of the topic badbob, it was a bit misleading. Will post reasoning in a follow on post to yours. By all means drop tidbits from EB here. Smile Original title: Proof the administration does not have links to SBVFT
G_Dog

This is my first post so I'll put it in this forum w/fellow vets as per the ROE!

Since late June I have followed the "Swifties Saga" and am a believer. I have monitored the discussions groups and am genuinely amazed at the heartfelt, powerful and damning body of evidence against JK as you Vietnam vets bear witness.

I am a retired brown shoe, carrier aviator who served from 1976 to 1997. I was flight trained by ex-POWs and senior LTs who had numerous sorties over the North, hence I have a natural affinity for you guys based on close observation and a little "hero-worship". Presently, I work as a defense contractor, directly supporting the Naval Aviation mission as consultant/ "product manager" (civilian speak) at Patuxent River.

An observation:

Each working day I read the "Early Bird" (EB), which is an unclassified DOD funded/authorized compendium of articles from news and opinion on military affairs across the country. It is a time saving tool for decision makers in DOD and government. Available daily, it has literally hundreds of articles to scan by synopsis, or to read in depth. It is organized by subject, ex- Top stories, Iraq, Afghanistan, Geo region, DOD, Army, Navy, Marines, AF, Homeland Security, Vietnam MIAs, White House, Congress, terrorism, Politics, business, Opinion, Editorial etc. Available only to .mil and .gov domains, the official disclaimer is: "Use of these articles does not reflect official endorsement".

Notice I listed politics above. Having scanned the EB daily for at least the last decade they have always carried news items even remotely linked to the military. Some recent examples that come to mind include George Bush's National Guard service (ad naseum), Michael "Hogzilla" Moore's movie F-911, Dick Cheney's deferments, etc. I mean everything. Working in the dead of night the scribes that put the EB together are very thorough and seem to get it all in there.

Since day one that I have been following the Swift Boat saga, never once has the EB carried even one tidbit of a story about the SwiftVets, the book "Unfit for Command, or the ongoing debate raging in the MSM (finally) about JKs awards, the SwiftVets motives, etc.. This appears to have been a conscious decision by the adminstration/DOD not to post your story.....yet (it seems, sort of) everything else is fair game....talk about "fair and balanced".......

Sort of proves my point, doesn't it?

BTW, I fully expect the story relating to JK's award "discrepancies", with the DOD IG finally SECNAV to investigate, will hopefully be in tomorrow's issue.

Just a minor data point but significant in it's own way.....

Sic 'em Swifties!
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we've all heard, links with the administration can not exist due to 527 rules. More importantly, they wouldn't be there anyway since the SBVT message has nothing to do with the current administration. To paraphrase a quote "[If] Kerry was not nominated, there wouldn't be a SBVT today..."

I agree, the clippings service does appear to be omitting SBVT articles. My opinion is that to do otherwise would simply supply some faulty ammo to the opfor.
badbobusnret
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger that G-dog. Also, concur w/527 "rules" as you have said in your post!

Point I was making was this:

- DOD (administration) posted dozens of articles in the EB when the question was the presidents ANG service (which p'd me off because flying an F-102 takes a 500 kt mind NOT a 20 kt mind. 300 hundred flight hours in that "lead-sled widow-maker ain't my cup o'tea. A night trap is safer!)

- Of course the EB could never promulgate, through it's service, the SVBFT official releases but they could have clipped all the commentary, hard news etc. thats flooded the MSM, blogs, etc. DOD (the administration) is really playing this one way above board.

Concur on the OPFOR- The hypocrisy of it all eh?

The SBVFT vs JK/MSM are like the David and Goliath story- and I'm lovin every minute of it!

Sic 'em SwiftVets!
badbobusnret
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftVets vs Kerry article makes it into today's Early Bird (7 Sep):

C U R R E N T N E W S
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E A R L Y B I R D

September 7, 2004
Use of these articles does not reflect official endorsement.
Reproduction for private use or gain is subject to original copyright restrictions.
Story numbers indicate order of appearance only.

DEFENSE DEPARTMENT
21. Pentagon To Check Kerry War Record
(London Sunday Telegraph)...Julian Coman
In a fresh blow to John Kerry's flagging presidential campaign, the Pentagon has ordered an official investigation into the awards of the Democratic senator's five Vietnam War decorations.
----------------------
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There ya go badbob. EB just needed something solid to chew on. I believe this one stems from the Judicial Watch complaint (discussed elsewhere here). Hopefully it will be expanded on as it progresses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: