SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disloyalty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graydon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Disloyalty Reply with quote

Kerry renounced his fitness for public office when he renounced his medals, libeled our fighting men while they were fighting on behalf of their country, and met with and gave comfort to the enemy while his country was still fighting them. As a veteran of the Army Counter Intelligence Corps, I know the crucial importance of good intellligence and denounce Kerry's efforts to cripple funding for the intelligence agencies.
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to explain it. The problem is, can we try someone for Treason. Kerry is guilty on all counts, and charges needs to be brought to bear.
Kerry decided to try and use his 4 months of service in Viet Nam to prove he was CinC material.
However he didn't count on the swifties, with their broadside tactic.

Steve Christensen
graydon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Disloyalty Reply with quote

Since the Vietnam "war" was not a declared war, a charge of treason would not legally apply. Had such actions been taken by Kerry in World War II, for example, he would have been shot as a traitor. He can now be shot down by voting against him. (Did you know that he has applied for three more Purple Hearts because of the wounds he suffered from the Republican Convention?)
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: I think treason still applies ... Reply with quote

I'm not sure the country has to be in a formally declared war for Treason to apply. The assignment of men under arms to a conflict were rules of engagement and the Geneva convention were applied would be enough to raise any support of the opposition to Treason. (opinion no legal proof) Confused
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: I think treason still applies ... Reply with quote

FF1047 wrote:
I'm not sure the country has to be in a formally declared war for Treason to apply. The assignment of men under arms to a conflict were rules of engagement and the Geneva convention were applied would be enough to raise any support of the opposition to Treason. (opinion no legal proof) Confused

I tend to agree with FF1047 (Those good Garcia class frigate sailors).
Kerry violated the US Constitution, Geneva convention, the UCMJ,
Navy Regulations and Uniform Regs. (He was a commissioned reserve
officer during the entire period in question. Furthermore, some traitors have betrayed their country in peacetime as well as during war.

The Revolutionary War was not a ¨declared¨ war. Benedict Arnold
was never tried (to my knowledge), but is known to this day as
a traitor. He died in obscurity, never trusted by either side.

I don´t care if I live to be 200 years old. I will inform every grandkid
and great grandkid, etc. about Kerry and how he betrayed this
country, just like Arnold. Arnold, however, was a REAL hero before
he betrayed America.

Montana
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treason was the charge against the Walkers, the Rosenbergs and Aldritch. We did not have a declared war against the Soviets.

B. Arnold was a real hero before he became a traitor.
graydon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all the messages are in agreement on the point that Kerry was disloyal and that his acts were treasonous as that term is considered by the average person. The very few successful prosecutions for treason in our history related to adherence to the enemy and providing aid and comfort in time of war such as World War I or II.
The Rosenbergs and Walker were certainly traitors, but they were convicted of conspiracy to commit espionage under the Espionage Act of 1917, not for treason.
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reality, John Kerry will never be tried for treason. The process would take years and once the presidential election is over and Kerry loses, he wiil be out of the news and out of most of the public's thoughts. We Vets, however, will probably never forgive and forget his treasonal behavior back in '71. Like some parts of our particular war, the mental snapshots of the likes of John Kerry, Jane Fonds, Tom Hayden and others dissrespecting both our country and troops were unforgivable.
The presidential election defeat of John Kerry will be enough for me. That's the very best payback I can give him.
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue of treason occuring only in time of war has come up repeatedly.
Here is how the Constitution defines treason (emphasis added)
Article III, Section 3. "1. Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. ....."

So long as the Communists, North Vietnamese or Soviet, were our enemies then treason charges could, and should be brought against those who gave them aid and comfort. Unfortunately there's just too many of them. We don't have that much rope.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: