SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yeah, hes clueless!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Yeah, hes clueless! Reply with quote

Hanoi john is on the move, like a trapped rat hes decided to go after Mr. Vice Pres. What a tactition, a hero, a man that wants to run our country. With the proper permission he will say "with all my new friends, we will tell the terrorists YOU WILL LOSE", scary aint it? Im sure they know he will change his mind, right before he does'nt.
This guy will not address the Swifty's, but he proudly says we need to"stand by those who have served and those who are serving".
Mr. Kerry, (I know your team is listening) I just want to quote a rich and famous woman.

SHOVE IT! (tereze kerry)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is imploding and desparate. Maybe he forgot his VP candidate also didn't serve and is old enough to have also gone to Vietnam. Also, maybe he's so full of himself, he's forgotten all the documented words he's left laying around the past thirty odd years.

All he has left is pure nastiness and as he unleashes it, undecided voters will see it and realize he isn't fit to command.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Maybe he forgot his VP candidate also didn't serve and is old enough to have also gone to Vietnam.

I understand that half-candidate Edwards had a high draft lottery number - seems to me that there must be something his parents did to get him a high number Wink
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edwards numbers weren't really all that high, he excuses it as such. According to records, there were several that were drafted with a higher number than his. Even with a high number, what prevented him from volunteering to go be a war hero like his running mate?

Quote:
Pulling number 178 in the February 1972 Selective Service lottery drawing, Edwards' number was lower than more than half of those picked.
And what about the claim that he "came after the time that they were actually drafting from the lottery."

That's not strictly true either. The year Edwards became eligible for the draft, the military drafted 49,514 men, according to Selective Service records - tapping draftees who had lottery numbers as high as 95. The draft was abolished in July 1973.

But even that year, 646 young men born the same year as Edwards were inducted into the military.

His draft availability aside, Edwards could have enlisted in the military, following the example of the men he now calls liars. Or sign up for the National Guard, the way George Bush did.

John Edwards, however, did neither, enlisting instead in Clemson University, where, according to spokeswoman Jennifer Palmieri, "He had a little fun . . . drinking beer with buddies . . . smoking marijuana a few times."

"His campaign would not provide more specifics other than to say Edwards' occasional marijuana use continued through law school but stopped after that," the Charlotte Observer reported in July.

To at least one Democratic consultant, the failure to serve in Vietnam constitutes a betrayal of America.

"He betrayed them when he didn't fight in Vietnam," Democratic strategist Maryanne Marsh said Monday night on Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes." "When he had a chance to serve his country, he didn't."

Of course, Marsh was talking about George Bush, not John Edwards.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/24/130440.shtml
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: watchout or I will sue! Reply with quote

As a casual observer I think little johnny inhailed (alot). I dont hear him saying much, hes not as vain as his boss. Maybe he thinks it might be used against him?
stylin19
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Edwards should get a pass here.
He was born 6/10/53. The Feb 1972 lottery was for those born in 1953. He was 18 at the time of the Feb. 1972 lottery

Actually, Edwards number WAS high.
The highest number ever drafted was 195 in 1969.
After that, the highest number was 125.

The lottery was for the following year's draft. i.e. The 1969 lottery was for 1970 draft. 1970 for 1971 etc...
As far as Edwards goes, no matter what number he would have drawn, he wouldn't have gone as the 1972 lottery was conducted for men who would have been called in 1973; however, no new draft orders were issued after 1972.
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that has John Edwards been drafted in '72 there would have been very little chance that he would have actually left country for the 'Nam.
That's all we would need is two Dem war heros on our hands now and on the same ticket and we would have to come up with another set of angry vets for the Veep. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: