SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After 42 days-Kerry Grants an interview, He's in Denial tho
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: After 42 days-Kerry Grants an interview, He's in Denial tho Reply with quote

TIME
If I could get back to politics...
KERRY
I don't talk politics.

TIME
People's views of the strength of your leadership have declined in the past few weeks. Is this in part because you were slow in responding to the Swift Boat ads? Do you wish you had been more aggressive?

KERRY
No, I think we did absolutely fine, and I think we are doing absolutely fine. I think this is a close race, and it's going to be a close race. I think we are doing extraordinarily well. If anybody had told me we'd be points apart from the sitting President of the United States, well, would you have believed them?

I feel very confident in where we are and confident about the direction of this race. And the American people are beginning to listen and listen carefully.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101040920-695825-3,00.html

Original Posting.....ticking off the days before the above Interview showed up
===============================================
===============================================

Kerry has gone another day --now totaling 42 days-- without meeting on camera with a senior member of big media. But it is all "the staff's fault!"

Senator Kerry stop hiding, stop changing the subject, address the media and voters....its time for you to stop the charade, its time for you to tell the truth.

The Subject header will be changed each day until he grants a meaningful interview.
-------------------
Using this Link for the count of when the Kerry's Media Blackout started.
http://hughhewitt.com/#postid860

Last edited by integritycounts on Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:16 pm; edited 10 times in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's been waiting, ever so patiently, for his media minions to sweep what was supposed to be the lifeless carcass of the SBVT initiative from the public forum.

Oops.
FredRum
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
He's been waiting, ever so patiently, for his media minions to sweep what was supposed to be the lifeless carcass of the SBVT initiative from the public forum.
I believe that's the obvious message of Clinton's ER-bed counsel to "stop talking about Vietnam". It's clearly directed at the media, the SBVFT, and the rest of America as much as it's directed at Kerry. Fat chance, Bubba!
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slick Willie dosen't get it either. Kerry hasn't been talking about Vietnam. He did that earlier and wrapped it up with his grand "Reporting for Duty" stunt at the convention.
Then the Swifties spoke out and everything Kerry has tried since to stop the talking has failed. He can't stop it, the media can't stop it, his lawyers can't stop it, and the people won't let it be stopped until the truth is known.
The bloodhounds are on their trail and they are running away in a panic.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt he's waiting for Begala and Carville to get to work so they can interview him and work for him at the same time. Gag.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's probably out getting some Botox injections.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

click.....37
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when looking at all the articles in the major newspaper today supporting Kerry's " comeback ", you can't help but feel that Kerry's being silent is part of the game they are playing. Kerry is letting the media doing the talking for him with all of its biased half truths. There is no doubt on anybody's mind that organizations like the NYTIMEs and LAtimes are steadfast in their support of Kerry, and they will do whatever they can to get him elected - including speaking for him. We'll see whether this will work in the long run, but i would not be surprised to see a miraculous "bump" in the polls (time, newsweek, etc ) soon for the traitor...all of this occurring without Kerry answring one single question. Tell me if I am too paranoid.
Orolonn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, he has a better chance if he shuts up. I don't mind not seeing him at all. Twisted Evil

<edited to add> let me clarify.. I don't want him to have a better chance either... but I really do like not seeing him. I can't stand to hear him lie and act like everything all good and everyone just loves him. Same goes for his supporters.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would make a a great campaign jab- "If my opponent cannot handle the Swift Vets how is he going to handle Iraq?"

( I know, I know- the Swift Vets are far tougher, but I am not going to give Kerry an out. Wink )
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"If my opponent cannot handle the Swift Vets how is he going to handle Iraq?"

I sincerely doubt you're going to see any campaign (other than Kerry's) refer to the Swifts, except in the most general terms, as in "I think all 527s are (fill in the blank)"
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has made a calculated decision. He will not take questions until the charges from the SBVT have either faded or been trashed by the MSM. Shortly before the debates, he will answer softball questions from a media sycophant like Chris Matthews and declare it is all behind him.

This is why it is so critical that Kerry's activities in Paris be exposed in the next few weeks. The first debate starts in late September. I predict the interview with the Matthews-type will occur about a week before. A sudden burst of new--and irrefutable--charges about meeting with the enemy either will force Kerry to cancel plans for such a pre-debate interview, or force him to respond if he attends. Either way, it's a Catch 22 situation.

But you can keep adding the numbers to 37 until around two weeks from now. Kerry won't be found near a real journalist until then.
cdbarker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: DAY 37<-Number of Days John Kerry has hid from Interviews Reply with quote

Speaking of a hiding, where's TeRAAAAYYsa? To my knowledge, she hasn't been seen since the big blowup and separate roooms a couple weeks ago. We certainly are not seeing her and, of course, the MSM are silent on the subject. Am I blind or has anybody else noticed this?
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teeeeresa got 'sick' on the road.... had tests at a hospital she was visiting - she was nauseated and dizzy.... I think from all the lies swirling around her.... she flew home to somewhere to rest....
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry: Iraq Is "The Wrong War In The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time." "Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry on Monday called the invasion of Iraq 'the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time' and said his goal was to withdraw U.S. troops in his first White House term." (Patricia Wilson, " Kerry on Iraq: Wrong War, Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Reuters, 9/6/04)

Dean: Iraq Is "The Wrong War, At The Wrong Time." "I firmly believe that the President is focusing . . . on the wrong war, at the wrong time, when our energy and our resources should be marshaled for the greatest threats we face. Yes, Saddam Hussein is evil. But Osama bin Laden is also evil, and he has attacked the United States, and he is preparing now to attack us again. What happened to the war against al Qaeda?" (Howard Dean, Remarks At Drake University, 2/17/03)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: