SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turnabout fair play
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romani ite domum
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin wrote:
As always:

Be courteous and respectful.
Enjoy your stay.

Admin

Something I feel should be even more true here than on the Swift Boat forum.

Courtesy and respect seem to be in awful short supply around here sometimes.

Sometimes I feel that some Veterans don't feel about other Veterans the way I do.

It is something I regret, but I can only speak for my own behavior, not for others.
tigerflyboy
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: bravo Romani ite domum Reply with quote

I enjoy posting here but, if you don't agree with prevelant opinions then you subject to name calling at the least.

thank you
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFB,

Your weakly worded analysis of this forum ignores the reason for the site.
It appears to me to came here looking for a fight. From the looks of it, many of my brothers here were more than willing to oblige. I, as a former flyboy (gunner on Spookies in country 1971-72) am more than a bit surprised that you would take the stand you do on Kerry. When you elect Kerry, you're not just electing the man, you're electing the philosophy and the congressional and public mindset for it. I do disagree with some of the stuff W has done, but, I am a conservative veteran who will always vote for the conservative candidate for exactly that reason. You will be hard pressed to find many allies on this forum. It has been my experience that most veterans are conservative by nature. By the way, my best friend in high school went into the ANG in 1971. He and his squadron were activated in late 1971 and sent to the Nam. He didn't come home. Please don't ever play the national guard/reserve don't/didn't serve card again.
There has been a member of my family on both my momma's and father's side from the revolution to the current war who have served this country in the military. My son is in Iraq now. Between my father, brother, and sister and myself we have given a total of more than 94 years in the AF to this country and I still stand and salute when my flag goes by. I'm not trying to pplay some over-zealous patriot, just letting you know where I'm coming from. Bottom line, talk or act traitorous against my country and you've got a can of whoop-ass coming from me.

GunnerMike

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
tigerflyboy
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Mike I support everything you and the others did Reply with quote

And yes your right I do support his ideas, much more than I support "W" lack of them, and his way of slipping out of trouble.

If Clinton had been accused of half the things Bush has been accused of he would have been impeached. there would have been an investigation, into the halliburton deal, the engery deal, the reason stated for war, etc many times over. Ya'll are quick to call Clinton slick Willie, and I'll admit things did seem to roll of him, but none I repaet none of the thing he was accused of we proven true. As for the Monica things, that IMHO was beteewn him and Hillary, and had nothing to do with the countries affairs (ha ha)

As for Kerry I have said it many times, he's not my 1st choice, and no I don't necessarily agree with the things he did and said after he came back, but it's over move on. Ya'll claim to want an apologie for the things he said, but why is it you don't expect the same thing from Bush for lying about the reasons for going to war. Sadam did need to be removed, but he was NOT a terrorist threat to the US, to his people Absolutely, but not us. Bush should have focused on the afganistan situation and maybe Bin Laden wouyld be in cusody now.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Mike I support everything you and the others did Reply with quote

tigerflyboy wrote:

If Clinton had been accused of half the things Bush has been accused of he would have been impeached.

Maybe you didn't notice, but Clinton was impeached. He had his own set of accusations to deal with. Looking back, it's a good thing he wasn't removed from office. Then we would have had Al Gore as President (at least for a few months).
tigerflyboy
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: yea and for what Reply with quote

getting a h---
boy that's a hell of a reason for impeaching somebody, especially when almost everybody in the at one time or another has done something like that!

Yes I know they impeached him for lying under oath, what next impeach somebody for lying about the reason we went to war.... ouch that'll leave a mark!
Carl Bowman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to say how proud I am of the pro-Kerry bunch for keeping us Anit-Kerry people mad. When we get mad we just work harder to make sure the lying tratior isn't going to be CIC.

Keep up the good work, GWB will thank you in November. Kerry will probally call you all lying SOB's
we're nuts
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all served so people like Tigerflyboy could remain free to voice their opinion. I am just thankful I did not have to serve with/under him.

My father and my neighbor flew Liberator's in WWII. They don't/didn't brag-it was their priviledge/desire. It was the right thing.

How many true heros do you see/hear trying to take advantage of their acts? Not many!!! They did what they did because it was the right thing.

My stepfather (after my father died) was part of the group to find the first Nazi Concentration camps and bodies. He donated all relavant material to the Holacaust museum. He still returns to Europe to visit families who befriended/helped him. It was/is the right thing.

One of my wife's cousins (ANG) flew the first Desert Storm mission. Oh yes, I almost forgot, his father was a German POW in WWII. Another cousin commanded an SSN and an SSBN. They don't brag, it was the right thing.

I was recently asked to name the most emotional thing I had ever seen. "MY FIRST LOOK AT ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETARY!! "It really hit home. All of those little white markers are there so all Americans, Tigerflyboy included, can say what they want, and so that I can say "I think his view is distorted". Maybe he flew too long without enough oxygen.

Thanks for the opportunity to join/post on this site.
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The irony of all of this is that Kerry supporters now snivel that his service in Vietnam somehow qualifies him to be President.

I'd bet dollars to donuts, that each and every Kerry supporter here voted for Clinton, apparently not swayed by Clinton's cowardice and draft-dodging.

They had a choice to make back then: vote for a confirmed coward in Clinton, or a certified, genuine war hero... who did not "turn away from the sound of musketry"

In 96, when THEY had the choice... it didn't matter. Now, in their warped world, it suddenly does?

This, ultimately, is why they will fail. The unmitigated hypocrisy of the Kerry campaign causes our entire political structure to reek... and the American people can smell it.
lefty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: turnabouts fair play Reply with quote

pussycatflyboy

As all Kerry supporters, you have missed the entire reason for this sight.
Take your Bush bashing and go back where ever it is unintelligent, uninformed little people go. When you get there, start winding your turbin if you vote for Kerry.
Maybe if your real nice to him. He'll give you one of his medals, since he doesn't deserve them anyway.
A VOTE FOR KERRY IS A VOTE FOR A WEEKER, MORE UNSAFE AND UNTRUSTED AMERICA.
When you go to hear Kerry speek. Do you have to book ahead to get on the right side of the areana? He speeks out both sides of his moth so much, if you are on the wrong side. You might miss the next batch of lies he spews out.
Rolling Eyes Of course no disrespect intended Laughing
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Bush has never used his service as a campaign tool ... he has used his 3+ years as CIC ...

If one more person says Bush didn't serve I'm going to lose it ... Edwards choose on to serve his country in ANY CAPACITY during the same period ...

Veterans get it, the democratic party doesn't like the US Military, not every dem but certainly the dem leadership ... just admit it, and move on to discuss what you think are your "strong" issues ... like Welfare, and free medicine, and taxes ...
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please notice that this thread is four months old - this troll was banned and gone a long time ago. Wink

Locking. Let 'er drift....
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: