SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maybe 2 converts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Maybe 2 converts Reply with quote

My sister-in-law and her best friend (a yellow dog democrat) DO NOT like Bush but they are not too crazy about Kerry either. They think highly of my son who will be going to Iraq in a couple of months as an M1A1 Abrams tankdriver. He told them the other day that they need to think very seriously about who they vote for because if Kerry gets elected that he (my son) is going to be in a whole lot of trouble. By making it personal he actually got them to thinking beyond the box.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godspeed to your son! I have a number of friends and former collegues in Iraq and elsewhere right now.
I concur with your sons opinion, here's hoping enough Americans see the dangers of Kerry as President and do not vote for him.
debewley
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God Bless you and double blessings on your son.

I think JK actually believed that by emphasizing his "military" service he was going to attract both active-duty members and veterans. Isn't working that way though is it?
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe 2 converts Reply with quote

Armybrat/Armymom wrote:
My sister-in-law and her best friend (a yellow dog democrat) DO NOT like Bush but they are not too crazy about Kerry either. They think highly of my son who will be going to Iraq in a couple of months as an M1A1 Abrams tankdriver. He told them the other day that they need to think very seriously about who they vote for because if Kerry gets elected that he (my son) is going to be in a whole lot of trouble. By making it personal he actually got them to thinking beyond the box.

best wishes to your son!

and good luck at swinging the vote. I got my neighbor to change her vote after a 30 minute discussion while she was working in the yard. she was quite a watched of the msm, and I think I changed that too. Smile
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, when my friend left for Iraq, I asked him what I could do for him while he was gone. He made me promise to vote for Bush on his behalf (he has some crazy idea that they are not going to count his vote). I hate politics but I'm getting into it this time. Kerry is bad news.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a son in Iraq also and he has told me he will vote for Bush. He is also considering re-enlisting soon, but says he will wait. He will definitely not if Kerry should win. Support for Bush is very strong, he says there are very few Kerry supportes in his unit.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could send them this article:

Bush and uncommon valor

http://michnews.com/artman/publish/printer_5033.shtml
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armybrat/Armymom:

Will pray for his safe return.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: