SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry names John Sasso as senior campaign staffer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orolonn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Kerry names John Sasso as senior campaign staffer Reply with quote

I wasn't sure where to post this... so I decided Geedunk would be it since it doesn't have to do with SBVFT. Mods, please move it if you feel it fits better somewhere else. Thanks!
~~~~

Kerry has named John Sasso as the new senior campaign staffer

Partial article from CNN.com
Quote:
Democratic National Committee General Election Manager John Sasso will become the senior campaign staffer aboard the Kerry campaign plane, a key role in the final weeks leading up to the election.

Sasso's résumé includes a stint managing the failed 1988 presidential campaign of Michael Dukakis.

A brief history on Sasso

An older article from the Washington Post
Quote:
Democratic presidential candidate Joseph R. Biden Jr., a U.S. senator from Delaware, was driven from the nomination battle after delivering, without attribution, passages from a speech by British Labor party leader Neil Kinnock. A barrage of subsidiary revelations by the press also contributed to Biden's withdrawal: a serious plagiarism incident involving Biden during his law school years; the senator's boastful exaggerations of his academic record at a New Hampshire campaign event; and the discovery of other quotations in Biden's speeches pilfered from past Democratic politicians.

The controversy became two frenzies in one when it was disclosed that the campaign of Massachusetts Gov. Michael S. Dukakis had earlier secretly distributed to several news media outlets an "attack video" juxtaposing the Biden and Kinnock speeches and revealing Biden's word theft. The Dukakis campaign at first stonewalled and denied any part in the tape's distribution, but when the truth emerged Dukakis was forced to fire his campaign manager, John Sasso, and political director, Paul Tully – the two who had orchestrated the maneuver. Dukakis himself insisted he had no prior knowledge of their actions, and though wounded, his candidacy survived the incident.

To me it looks like Kerry found another minion to do his dirty work.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to main forum.

Thanks!
The Cyber Menace
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read another article recently (I'll see if I can find it) where the Sasso was described as uniqe among Democrats in being able to 'use his elbows'. Shocked

Actually, I think I remember 1988 when James Baker was beating the pants off of the Dukakis team and there was a big deal made about the fact that John Sasso was being brought in as the heavyweight to deal with Baker.

A quick image search produced this time machine artifact:

Perhaps needless to say, Sasso and Dukakis were trounced, and they've been blaming Willie Horton ever since. Cool
Orolonn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the elbows comment meant? Shocked Laughing Please post the article if you find it again.

In my opinion, hiring someone like Sasso just reeks of desperation.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: LEADING WITH YOUR ELBOWS?????? Reply with quote

MY GREAT, GREAT, GREAT , GREAT, GRANDFATHER WAS AN

APACHE NAMED "MANGUS COLORADOS" ENGLISH TRANSLATION

"BLOOD ON SLEEVE" FROM KNIFE FIGHTS WITH OTHER APACHE

SHOULD THIS GUY WANT TO FIGHT WITH HIS ELBOWS FIND

WITH ME.

ITS NOT ABOUT HIM, SOMEONE NEEDS ADVISE HIM TO READ

THE POST HERE AND THE BOOK FIRST AND NOT GO THE

WAY BILL O/REAL/LY HAD TO.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night Pat Caddell called Sasso the most dishonest man he'd ever met.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birds of a feather...........
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
Last night Pat Caddell called Sasso the most dishonest man he'd ever met.

I saw that and Caddell is a Democrat strategist. Colmes tried to hush him up fast.
stealthy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was OReilly and it caught my attention too. I knew there had to be something out there. I bet there's more than this. Kerry lost his first attempt at office after his brother was caught in a watergate type bugging of his opponents office.
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did notice that Caldell seemed very agitated when talking about Sasso. I thought it was rather odd. Perhaps you're right - there seems to be a lot of skeletons in that closet.
CrazyIvan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hiring of Sasso is the latest indication of how desperate Kerry's campaign is. Sasso was Dukakis' hatchetman in the 88 presidential election, but I'm not sure the MSM will be able to provide enough air cover in the Internet Age. The wheels do seem to be coming off. Very Happy
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll be hiring Susan Estrich next. Rolling Eyes
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cyber Menace wrote:
Perhaps needless to say, Sasso and Dukakis were trounced, and they've been blaming Willie Horton ever since. Cool

Ah, yes - the Willie Horton fiasco. First brought to light by none other than al gore during the 1988 primaries, where he used it against Dukakis.

The ad idea was later used by President George HW Bush against Dukakis in the 1988 campaign.

The really odd thing about Horton is that the work release program for violent criminals was dreamed up by the self-famous John F. Kerry, the Lt. Governor of Massachusetts at the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: