SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry and Disabled Veterans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Kerry and Disabled Veterans Reply with quote

I was reading a transcript of the O'Neil/Hurley Chris Wallace Fox News interview. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,129590,00.html

Mr. Hurley states that John Kerry has "fought for veterans' rights and benefits ever since."

I found this statement to very interesting. I live in MA and grew up here. I can remember as a teenager in the 80's talking to a disabled Viet Nam veteran (quadriplegic) that was a friend of my parents. John Kerry was up for re-election and I said to him that he must support John Kerry because he was a Viet Nam veteran just like him, ignorant of who John Kerry really was.

He told me of his low opinion of John Kerry and said that he would never support Kerry. He told me how he and other Viet Nam veterans and veteran's groups tried to contact Kerry to elicit help with the problems they were having with the VA. He said that Kerry would not accept or return their calls and would not meet with any of them.

He was at a parade/rally in his wheelchair with a friend of his pushing him and John Kerry ran up, shoved his friend out from behind the wheelchair and pushed him by the press so they could get their pictures of the only hero to emerge from Viet Nam with his band of brothers. When they tried to talk to Kerry about their problems he just blew them off and left.

I would like to know if Kerry has done anything to help veteran's as claimed. I looked on the DAV and they had a Q&A with both presidential candidates about issues that the DAV felt are important.

It can be read here.
http://www.dav.org/voters/documents/president_views_on_DAV_priority_issues.pdf.

I love the part near the end of the article where he says that his service in Viet Nam taught him "Mission First, Troops Always." I think that it would be more accurate of Kerry to say he learned "Myself First, Always Use The Troops."

Last edited by kmf on Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 100% disabled vet.

My vote is not for sale.

A traitor has nothing to offer me that I want.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
kmf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I am taking your post the wrong way but I never said anything about anyone's vote being for sale.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I get crazy sometimes. Laughing

I refer to this in your post:

Mr. Hurley states that John Kerry has "fought for veterans' rights and benefits ever since."

Embarassed

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article refers to a bunch of lofty promises to DAV which could be construed as "buying the DAV" vote..

My question is: If the DAV was such a dear to his heart issue, as the article reflects,
why didn't Kerry sponser or co-sponser any Reforms in the system??

He doesn't care one iota..that's why
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point is that I do not give a damn what he does for veterans.

If he were the greatest advocate for veterans benefits in the history of the world.

If all their contributions went to veterans instead of commies.

I STILL WOULD NOT VOTE FOR A TRAITOR !

kmf
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point I am trying to make is that he claims to have done all this stuff for Veteran's over the years but I don't think he has done anything at all, in fact he has done the total opposite and gone out of his way to blow them off.

I wanted to find out if anyone had any info that he did so that when I bash Kerry for this someone armed with more facts than I could say, no he did this and that.

As for the DAV thing I did not really read it all. I read the first couple of pages and then went to the bottom and I got a kick out of Kerry saying he learned "Troops First" during his service in Viet Nam.
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link that provides summaries [with references] of John Kerry's stand and voting record on issues. I haven't seen anything anywhere that he voted for any Veterans benefits.

http://www.issues2000.org/John_Kerry.htm
rainvet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Kerry and his band of brothers ( the democratic party platform ) want to give all the promise he can and hope you are dump enother to believe it. Don't be fool by the person who I believe is evil and his soul is not with GOD . 4 years in Vietnam is not a reason to put anyone in office. if everyone will go back to keery time from his collage gays they will find out the real John Kerry who by the way gave a speech against the war. the he found out that he was going to drafted so he join the Navy to keey from having to in up in the foot soldier unit of the US Army. John Kerry was scare them and he is scares not. John Kerry and his wife and the Dem. party is to join up with the UN and the EU and let them decide what would be best for us and for sure what would be best for them. Don't let Satin deceive you through Kerry and his band of give your right and freedom up to the other party the UN and EU ;both that Satin has a hole on. Vietnam War Vet 68/69 US Army MAY GOD SAVE OUR COUNTRY.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: