SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hometown Boston Globe TRASHES Kerry's competence as Leader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Hometown Boston Globe TRASHES Kerry's competence as Leader Reply with quote

"During his two decades as a senator, Kerry has never been particularly good at building an effective, well-integrated, high-performing staff. But he needs to do that now. During the last month the Kerry campaign's effort was decidedly subpar. The message has been muddled, the strategic thinking murky, and the press office sluggish."

Boston Globe
note: URL changed to hypertext
===================

After agenda and vision: Nothing is more critical for a President than being able to build a staff.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent this letter to Mr. Lehigh. I strongly object to his use of the word "mendacious" in reference to the Swiftees.

Quote:
The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have lied about nothing, and your referring to their actions as "mendacious mugging" is a smear, pure and simple. The Kerry campaign has already concurred that the first Purple Heart was undeserved, that there was no Christmas in Cambodia (although they're not quite sure what the Cambodia story is, since they've put forth at least three or four versions), and that Mr. Kerry's boat was the only boat to leave the scene during the Rassman "No Man Left Behind" incident.

And let's not forget that earlier in the year, Mr. Kerry denied that he attended the VVAW meeting where assassinations of senators was discussed, then had to concede that he was there when FBI records were released showing that he was.

"Mendacious" can be applied to any number of Mr. Kerry's statements, as well as your smear against the Swiftees, but not to anything that the SBV4T have said.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: CYA letters and coments start now Reply with quote

The msm will all put things into the record now to point back to

when it all comes undone, this and Newt Genrech sp? last week

started taking and giving the Bush camp the credit for Kerrys

down fall, given the way things are in that "world" the

Swiftboatvets will be call just another attack 527 that should

have been stoped by McCain etal.

You win when they take credit for it.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, everyone, it's time to let the author of this article know what you think. Go to the article, then use the contact link.

I posted my first e-mail to him.

This is the response I got:

Quote:
Look, if you honestly care about the truth, check out the work the
Washington Post, the LA Times, and the New York Times have done examining
the SBV claims.

Here's what I wrote back:

Quote:
I've read what has been written in those papers and it all amounts to them saying "disproven". They have presented not one shred of evidence that anything was disproven. Oh, wait. Do you mean that lovely phrase "official Navy document"? Kerry wrote those. Of course they support him! And he admitted in (I believe) his Senate testimony that reports were routinely embellished all the way up the chain of the command.

The Kerry camp has had to concede four points already. Work continues gathering additional evidence for the other claims against Kerry. So far, I have seen no evidence that ANY of the claims in Unfit for Command has been disproven.

You REALLY believe that those three papers are printing the truth?

NOT.

If YOU honestly care about the truth, spend some time reading www.swiftvets.com. People who are NOT members of the swiftvets group have painstakingly pored over various accounts of incidents and medals (Congressional Record, Brinkley's book, Kranish's pieces, UFC, the spot reports that are available, etc.) and have concluded that there is MORE evidence to support the charges in UFC than is in the book.

---------------------

Here's info on Kerry's so-called Band of Brothers:

http://idexer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137

Note how few of them actually served on the boat with him, and how little time those who did serve on the boat were with him.

-----------------------

Here's an analysis of Kerry's medals:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8090

-----------------------

Just one of MANY threads of the "no man left behind" incident

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3983&highlight=rassmann

-----------------------

Other good sites:

commentary and analysis: http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/

commentary: http://beldar.blogs.com/beldarblog/swiftvets/index.html

------------------------

You've actually bought into the Dem contention that more than 60 Swift Boat vets (those who signed affadavits about their knowledge of Kerry's service) have not only lied, but have lied in a way that they can be subject to legal action.

Doesn't it bother you that the Kerry camp tried to intimidate the TV stations into not running the Swift Boat ads, tried to keep the book from being sold, and tried to get President Bush to condemn ONLY the Swift Boat ads? What happened to freedom of speech? No one said a peep when all the smear ads against Bush were run, or when Michael Moore's fake "documentary" was released. The DU crowd is celebrating over the Kitty Kelley book.

I don't think you are interested in the truth at all. I think you are interested in getting Kerry into the White House and you are willing to lie and spin in order to do it. I hope I'm wrong.

It's obvious he didn't look at any of the links because this is what he wrote back:

Quote:
Well, xxx, certainly if you chose to disbelieve the accounts of the
men who were there, who were closest, who were immediately eyewitnesses,
and who have supported Kerry's accounts, you aren't likely to be convinced.
Partisanship has that warping effect, alas.

And here's what I fired back:

Quote:
You OBVIOUSLY didn't read the information I sent you on those "eyewitnesses".

Furthermore, the Swift Boat Vets include quite a few men who were also eyewitnesses, one of whom was on Kerry's boat. In fact, he spent longer on Kerry's boat than any of the others. The eyewitnesses I believe contradict the stories of the eyewitnesses you believe.

In the real world, who evaluates a worker? Is it that worker's fellow workers or those who work under him/her, or is it his/her superiors?

Quite often, someone who is well-liked by those who work FOR him like him because he's easy on them. However, those who supervise him may be a lot less happy with him because he's not doing a good job.

I'm a college instructor. My students' input does have some bearing on whether I keep my job or not, but that input is evaluated by my supervisors, along with their evaluation of other work I do.

I guess it doesn't matter to you that most of Kerry's FELLOW OFFICERS (you know, his peers, the other guys who commanded the other boats that went out on patrol with Kerry's boats) don't support him? I guess not. His fellow officers and everyone above him in the chain of command don't support him, several of whom are decorated, respected Navy Officers, and you choose to believe a handful of enlisted men, none of whom spent more than a few weeks with him.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

As for the veracity of one witness, just as an example... Look at Rassmann's accounts of "no man left behind". He's put himself on at least two different boats, maybe three (I've lost track). He was eating a chocolate chip cookie, or taking a gun to someone whose gun jammed. He was knocked off the boat by a mine explosion, no he fell off when the boat made a sharp turn. There was enemy fire -- except that none of the 30+ people who were there (five boats, six crew each, plus a spare special forces guy or two) was WOUNDED by bullets and NOT ONE OF THE BOATS (which are apparently the size of semis), which were in the area for an hour to an hour and a half, have bullet holes?

Now there's one eyewitness, a former police officer, no less, and someone who should know better about changing stories, and he can't even get his story straight. And that's who you're putting your faith in?

> Partisanship has that warping effect, alas.

I can't disagree with that statement, and your stance proves it. You have toed the Democratic party line and talking points absolutely perfectly. It's obvious you haven't done any independent investigation of anything. If you had, you wouldn't be quite so convinced.

The Kerry camp has already conceded four lies. They have yet to come up with anything to reture the Swift Boats.

Keep on drinking that Kerry Kool-Aid....
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding---you are fighting the good fight....its amazing you actually are getting replies.

Mention to him that Kerry's lies about Cambodia, and his Metals being thrown back, show that Kerry has a tendency to Lie about his Vietnam Service, and that those lies are not stopped by them being recorded in papers or even the Senate Record.

There is little reason to think his reports about his service related to his injuries would not be colored by his tendency to lie. And clearly the Boston globe does not want to examine those areas of his record. Does the Boston Globe has a position on his Cambodia claims?

I still think its amazing that the Globe thinks his leadership of team and staff is historically poor.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy and I have exchanged several more e-mails. He must be working now. Haven't heard from him in three or four hours.

The info about the tings that have been proven were in my first e-mail.

I'm still working on it, guys and gals.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOOAH!! Keep the fire lit!!
See folks when you want to know what it is you can do besides donate money or come here and preach to the Choir, You GottaBeKidding has just given us all a prime example!
We may not change anyones mind, but when you see dismissals of the SBVFT message as nothing but lies, or other obvious "spin" and the talking points of the DNC, pounce on the messenger, let them know you aren't buying it, and show them the reality, even if you have to drag them kicking and screaming back to reality!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: