SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Add TV advertisement ideas to this thread!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Rasmusen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sellout" is the best ad so far, and probably the best thing it just to repeat it over and over.

It's a good idea to collect ideas like this, though, and fun, so here's my idea:

1. Vet-- I'm Joe Smith. I got my Purple Heart for losing both legs when I stepped on a mine.

2. Vet--I'm David Doe. I got my Purple HEart after getting shot through the lungs in a fireight near Danang. I was in the hospital three months, but after that I was good as new, and went back into the jungle.

2.5 Vet. I'm Richard Roe. I didn;t get a Purple Heart. I got hit by shrapnel and got a few stitches in my arm, but that's par for the course in combat-- I think it would insult my buddies who really got wounded if I were to wear a Purple Heart just for cuts like that.

3. Vet--"I'm Henry Smith. I didn't get a Purple Heart. I got blwon up with a grenade, but it was my own fault-- grenades are dangerous things and I was just a crazy kid.

4. John Kerry. Either some video of him saying he has 3 Purple Hearts, or a narrator describing how he got 3 Purple Hearts in 5 months, but no injuries that put him into a hospital bed.

Narrator then says how those 3 Purple Hearts got him out of Viet Nam.

5. Narrator: Was John Kerry a war hero? Don't look at the medals-- ask for the stories *behind* the medals-- and behind his quick exit from Vietnam.

If we wanted to be really nasty-- though I still think it's fair-- Vet 3 could be Max Cleland, who indeed was blown up in a grenade accident and is on record as saying it was correct that he didn't get a Purple Heart.

Note that, like "Sellout", nothing in this ad would depend on the veracity of anybody. Kerry is in trouble just on the undisputed facts of his atrocity statements and the minor nature of his wounds.
SharpFocus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focus an ad on the young women who followed Kerry and tried to denounce him by saying that he was 'defaming their dead husbands for political gain.' Get comments from them. Show their pictures from 30+ years ago. Show their husbands' names from the Wall.

You have convinced lots of undecided men go after the undecided women and make all women think about how they would like their husband to only be remembered as a baby killers ....
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was posted elsewhere, but it ties in well between what Kerry did in the period of 1968-1971 with what is happening in the world now:

... I think it would be a good idea to make mention of how the Vietcong Generals have come out now and admitted that the peace movement helped their cause. Give the results and aftermath of all of the people who were slaughtered because of it. THEN.........

Then contrast it to the reports in Aljazeera today quoting Kerry saying he will pull out American troops in Iraq.

Show how John Kerry was a traitor then and still is and how he is continually costing innocent lives and the lives of our American soldiers.

...thisidea should be developed into a commercial that points out that Kerry also met with the enemy in 1971. It ties the past with the present, and makes the point. Betrayal in Vietnam, betrayal in Iraq. People get this.
Eric Rasmusen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Credibility ad-- stress that Kerry won't release his records Reply with quote

After other ads have been up for a while, something like this would be good to hammer at Kerry's credibility:

Swifvet: My name is yyyy. I, and xxx other veterans of combats in Swiftboats, have questioned John Kerry's claims of heroism in Vietnam.

Kerry or surrogate: [Quote attacking the Swifvets as liars and saying the official records support Kerry]

Official looking person: Unless Mr. Kerry signs a FOrm 180 permitting other people to see his military records, the Navy is not permitted to release them to anybody but Kerry himself. He's selected some to show the public, but the rest cannot be released until he agrees.

Swiftvet: So JOhn Kerry says we're liars, and that we should look at govenrment records. Ok, let's do that. The problem is John is keeping those records secret. Without his permission, the Navy won't release the records to anybody but he himself.

Who do you trust-- the xxx Swiftvets, who are ready any time to debate John Kerry and who would love to have all the records made public, or John Kerry, who won't meet us face to face and is telling the government not to let anybody see his records.

Different voice: It's your choice. If you think we're lying, that's up to you. But if it's John Kerry who's lying, can we really trust him as our President?
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking along the same lines as jack white: showing Kerry's close ties to North VN, and the quotes from their leaders about how The North would have given up if the protesters hadn't given them hope that the US would eventually loose interest in winning. I think there is a picture of JFnK accepting a medal from the (North) Viet Nam govt. for his help in their victory. I think that picture (if rights could be obtained) would make a devestating statement about how two-faced he is.
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I forgot to put my punch line for the medal picture. "Possiibly the only medal Kerry acturally earned. Possiibly the only one he didn't throw away."
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimlarsen wrote:
Oh, I forgot to put my punch line for the medal picture. "Possiibly the only medal Kerry acturally earned. Possiibly the only one he didn't throw away."

Ouch. And great.

Given the 60-second constraint, I would start off with Kerry being credited by the VC for their overthrow of the South, move to his statements about Iraq on al-Jazeera, and conclude with Kerry's meeting with the enemy in Paris and later acceptance of the medal from the communists.

Your line would conclude the spot. This would be a killer if it could be squeezed effectively into 60 seconds. My bet is it could be.

"John Kerry was credited by the Viet Cong with helping to install a communist government in all of Vietnam."

(picture of old VC who praised Kerry or boat people or killing fields)

"As recently as this year, Kerry's harsh criticism of America's involvment in Iraq was praised by al-Jazeera."

(picture of the aftermath of a suicide bomber)

"Kerry knows what it is to be close to the enemy. While in the Naval Reserves, and in violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, he met with our communist enemies in Paris. Later he accepted a medal from them."

(The photo you referenced)

"This was one medal that Kerry definitely earned. It is one medal Kerry definitely didn't throw away."

"John Kerry. The wrong man at the wrong place at the wrong time. Wrong all the time, wrong every time."

"John Kerry. Wrong in 1971. Wrong in 2004."
kitemama
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Great Idea Reply with quote

This is a great idea for an ad! I think it would be VERY convincing! Also, I sent a message starting a new thread suggesting we use Kerry's request for deferment in an ad.

Show Kerry giving his "send me" speech"-- then have an overvoice saying "Oh, really? If John Kerry was so supportive of the war in Vietnam, why was he known as "anti-war" at Yale? Why was his graduation speech anti-war? Why did John Kerry request a deferment to study in Paris instead of enlisting? It was only after his deferment was denied that he decided he had no choice.
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A just have a few general ideas.
Someone MUST do an ad showing the picture of Kerry in the Communist Museum in Ho Chi Minch City, thanking him for helping them win the Vietnam war, or whatever it says. It would be a CRYING SHAME if it's not done. This is such a reproach to Kerry.
I think it would be good also to do one where you list what Kerry got his Purple Hearts for, and then show some real heroes from the Swiftees that earn Purple Hearts for real wounds, yet either came back to fight or desired to.
Also I think it would be good to have an ad with nothing but Kerry speaking, taking clips of his most offensive statements made on TV during 1971. This would expose who this man really is, I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: