SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Synopsis of Bush's National Guard Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rovercop
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Good Synopsis of Bush's National Guard Time Reply with quote

Concise, comprehensive, in defense of our President.

http://www.hillnews.com/york/090904.aspx

Rovercop
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good report of truth
Fabius Cunctator
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own experience bears this out. Although I had a high draft lottery number (turned 18 in 1970), I felt an obligation to serve, as my father had done in WWII, and as my cousins had done before me (1950's and 1960's). I had my heart set on joining the Marines as an officer, but I wanted to fly, and did check the Air Force. The recruiters ALL told me that they were in the middle of a RIF, and didn't want any new pilots. The Army wasn't looking for any new officers, either. So, this confirmed my choice of the Marine Corps.

The real ---kicker was, when I finally entered the Marine Corps after graduation in 1974 and took my physical, I found I was nearsighted and couldn't fly after all. So, I became a ground pounder, and have enjoyed it ever since.

But the point is, "W" did nothing wrong here...as the article points out.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum; qui victoriam cupit, milites inbuat diligenter; qui secundos optat eventus, dimicet arte, non casu. Nemo provocare, nemo audet offendere quem intellegit superiorem esse, si pugnet." - F. Vegetii Renati Epitoma Rei Militaris, AD 380
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Synopsis of Bush's National Guard Time Reply with quote

Rovercop wrote:
Concise, comprehensive, in defense of our President.

http://www.hillnews.com/york/090904.aspx

Rovercop

Same reporter but there appears to be more content?

http://www.nationalreview.com/flashback/york200408261025.asp

and of course there are others.

http://www.americandaily.com/article/4807
http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1185997/posts

Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Bush and Kerry's Service Reply with quote

Thank you for the excellent post, Rovercop!

One thing I found interesting is that Lt. G. W. Bush's training was 80 weeks--"not 80 weeks of weekends" but 80 full weeks.

Kerry is proud of his military record, but if you count a year on the Gridley (52 weeks) and 4 months, 12 days (about 19 weeks) in Vietnam, that comes to a total of 71 weeks. This would mean that Lt. GW Bush spent more time TRAINING than Lt. (jg) Kerry spent in active service!

Somebody might want to present this comparison to the media (with the appropriate spin)...
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Bush Sr. pulls strings to get Bush Jr. some preferential treatment. Back then, was that so uncommon among the influential and powerful who had draft age sons or whose sons were already serving?? If the hairbrained dipwads consider this tainted military service, how do they stack that against Kerry's embellished military record, his giving aid and comfort to and consorting with the enemy, throwing away his medals, his disparaging of honorable Vietnam veterans, the flag burnings and other seditious anti-war activities, including plans to assassinate pro-war Congressmen??

If Kerry wants to debate his military time and anti-war activities, he better have a large jar of Vaseline handy!! Shocked
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic will be moved to Geedunk

Thanks
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this somewhere. Maybe someone can confirm / complete the info.

665 F-102's were put into service?

70 pilots died in F-102 crashes?
(Did this include any shot down in 'Nam?)

How many other pilots were injured?

How many of the F-102's crashed or were shot down before the last were taken out of service? (I'd expect some pilots were able to safely eject.)

How does this compare with other aircraft?

Is there documentation that Bush volunteered for 'Nam?

Huh, I am waiting for someone to spin this as showing Bush was a reckless fool to even get in a F-102! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: