SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warthog
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reporting In Reply with quote

Hospital Corpsman, U.S. Navy, 1967-1971.
3rd Bn. 5th Marines, An Hoa, 1969.
WIA 18Aug69.

Thank God for guys like John O'Neill. I will not go away quietly this time.

Warthog
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redleg wrote:
319th FA (Foxtrot Oscar) 173rd AB RVN 1966-1967 THE HERD

Airborne Exclamation

I believe you're the sixth or seventh from THE HERD.

I was with the 45th APU/173rd Abn Bde Mail Section (5/69-4/70)

Incidentally I was a "leg"(non-airborne for those unfamiliar with the term)
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jalexson wrote:
Redleg wrote:
319th FA (Foxtrot Oscar) 173rd AB RVN 1966-1967 THE HERD

Airborne Exclamation

I believe you're the sixth or seventh from THE HERD.

I was with the 45th APU/173rd Abn Bde Mail Section (5/69-4/70)

Incidentally I was a "leg"(non-airborne for those unfamiliar with the term)

You're in solid with The Herd, Bro. You may not realize just how much the mail ment to us. Like...ammo for the soul. (Who sat on my CARE package from home in '67?) Laughing
When the chit hits the fan, I'll take a straight leg in my hole anytime. Only forget the mailbag and bring along a mean 60. Wink
mikencove
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Not a Viet Nam Vet Reply with quote

Good evening!
I served in the US Army from my commissioning in 1977 until my retirement in 1995, never having heard a shot fired in anger. I did hear a few fired by accident (Murphy's Law of Combat: the only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire). My troop time was in the 1st Infantry Division, and I had the usual staff assignments common to all officers.
My hat is off to you all who served in combat, whether it be in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, or anywhere else. My hat is also off to those who served, wherever that might be.
God Bless You All!
Snow Shark
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: USMC Reply with quote

I was in the Corp from 1988-1992, I was in the 1st Tank Bn. "A" Company, 1st Marine Div. I was in Kuwait from August 1990 thru March 1991. My unit was attached to 5th Marines. It is a pleasure to read all your posts and add my own. I feel honored to help out President Bush get re-elected. I feel so strongly about this that I donated money to this group just now and I never have before.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USN 1959 to 1965 - Are Airedales real Navy?

Sam
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reporting In Reply with quote

USAF 1967 - 1979
7th Airborne Command and Control Squadron
DaNang AB, RVN; Udorn RTAFB, Thailand
1968-1969

Thanks, Swiftees, for all you're doing!
Ironrod
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Just gave another $25 to SBVT Reply with quote

Great forum!
I was a subsonic avionic that supported A-6As
floating around in the Gulf of Tonkin.

My Service:
U.S. Navy, ATN2, 1966-1970
IM-3 Division, AIMD
Aviation Electronics Shop #9
A-6A, E-2A & RA-5C Module Repair
U.S.S. Enterprise CVAN-65
Aviation Electronics Shop #9
A-6A, E-2A & RA-5C Module Repair
U.S.S. Enterprise CVAN-65
achen50
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A late bloomer here.I could have gone in sooner but didn't cause "I didn't have to." I went to the dedication of the WALL with my 3 brothers who did serve and then went home and joined the Navy. go figure. I didn't see any action{until I got home and got into my current occupation} but I am grateful for the chance to serve.I was a HM3 ,trained at Great L akes then FMF training at Camp Johnson.A year at Balboa NH,then Pensacola NAS for "C" school in Aviation Med.Tech .Two years at Atsugi NAF put me in contact with many Naval Aviators but also many Reserve Pilots.The Charge that Pres. Bush was a "sissy" for being a Guard pilot inflames me because I saw enough post incident investigations to know that Reserve and Guard pilots die the same as regular service pilots do.
Rovercop
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: USAF, Retired Reply with quote

USAF - '78-'98, honorable discharge - retired. Very Happy

Active duty years:
78 BT & Keesler (Avionics Tech School)
79-84 Travis 60 AMS
84-86 Azores 1605 MASS
86-91 Rhein Main 'The Route'
91-92 Ramstein 322 ALD / DOXL
92-98 Ramstein AMC SATCOM / TALCE
Best years of my life. Smile

USAF 'Brat' years:
'61 Keesler - Biloxi MISS
'64 Winnemucca NEV (Old RADAR Site)
'66 Lowry AFB
'68 Peshawar Pakistan
'69 McClellan AFB
'71 Karamursel, Turkey
'72 Teheran, Iran (Teheran Pars)
'75 Shaw AFB

Saluting the Swifties and my brothers and sisters who did (and are doing) their time for our great nation,

Rovercop

Last edited by Rovercop on Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
TCDeltaCo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow patriots, My name is Tom and I served in Vietnam from Oct. 68 to Oct. 69 as a rifleman with the 198th Light Infantry Brigade with the Americal Division in I Corps. For 6 months I was the Point man for 2nd plt. of Delta Co. and was involved in combat operations in an area west of Chu-Lai. We had 70% of our guys wounded in combat, I was not one of them. We would have considered a purple heart recieved from our own grenades as a joke and an insult to the rest of our fellow grunts who earned their purple hearts. I know men who after recieving 3 purple hearts still stayed on in the field for their entire year and not seek an early out. On my last night in Vietnam, after serving 12 months in the field, my plt. was ambushed and I felt guilty cause I was not there. Also as point man I saw plenty of action(twice ambushed), Kerry's experiences seem like a walk in the park. Rolling Eyes
ROLEX91
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: New, MSgt Sandy reporting in Reply with quote

Retired USAF, enlisted in 1979, first worked B-52Ds at March AFB, then medically retrained into the Command Control Career field (commode post, kept in the dark, and given s---!)

Assignments:
March AFB
Yokota AB (arrived on first "freedom bird" AFTER the KAL shoot down)
Taegu AB
Langley AFB, HQ TAC (gag!)
Kunsan AB (Wolfpack!!!)
Sembach AB (601 ABW (Gnd Taccs)/17AF (best duties--ever!!)
Ramstein AB
Davis-Monthan AFB
With a LONG Tour at Ahmed Al Jaber (Best people, worst conditions)

got some metal, some sheets of paper and the privilage to have served with some of the finest men and women America ever had, I lucked out and was blessed with good people all through my career.

I cannot tell you guys how proud this kids was, and how ashamed she was of the behavior of others. I was not one to forget, as a teen, when with my Seniot Girl Scout Troop, and my Civil Air Patrol Flight to the VA hospital near Cleveland Ohio for service projects.

My Dad was Korea, I missed Nam, but was there for most of the rest. You all still make me proud and so honored.
mathman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: USAR Reply with quote

1Lt, QMC, USAR. Served in HQ First USA (New England) 1962-63. Counted as Vietnam Era although the major deployment was still ahead when I finished active duty.
junlog
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: W Jenson IC3 SS Navy Sub Service Reply with quote

Hi All
I served USN 1968 - 1972 abord several FBM Subs mostly in the Pacific Fleet. I dint earn any medals or purple hearts but i did spend 4 months in Trippler Army Medical Center as the result of a scuba diving accident which left me with a 40% service connected disability from the Navy.
It really ticks me off to hear all the retoric from Kerry about his "honorable" service which I wont dispute ( I wasnt there ) but every time i got spit at walking through the airport in my uniform which i proudly wore i hold Kerry and the Fonda's of that time responsible for insiting the people against the soldiers and vets.
Thanks for working hard to get your message out
WJ
econ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings shipmates and fellow veterans and God bless all of you for your sacrifice and service to our country. I served from 1965-1968: U.S.S Georgetown AGTR-2 and briefly on board the U.S.S. John King DDG-3 mostly in the 6th fleet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 39 of 47

Jump to: