SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter to the Today Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theflickster
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Letter to the Today Show Reply with quote

As a faithful morning viewer of the Today Show, I have watched this show every morning for over 15 years. Hearing today that the Today Show will schedule interviews with Kitty Kelly shows a continued bias towards a more liberal media. Seeing the coverage of Michael Moore’s disgustingly inaccurate portrayal of 9/11 has given me a bad taste in my mouth. Recognizing that the Today Show has of yet to interview any of the Swift Boat Veterans and/or address this controversy with anything more than sneers has given me no other alternative.

If I cannot depend on the Today Show to allow equal air time to various thought processes, I cannot depend on the Today Show to provide a complete picture. Scheduling several interviews with Kitty Kelly who is notoriously gossipy and factually inaccurate and failing to interview the Swift Boat Veterans is such an obvious example of the heavily argued “liberal slant” that I am left with no other alternative.

I must go to another station to find a more “Fair and Balanced” approach. I will watch Fox News’ morning show to find complete coverage on matters important to the American Public.

It’s with sadness that I move to another program, but I will not support such obvious disdain for our current President while fostering such propaganda as that presented by Michael Moore and Kitty Kelly. Perhaps as your ratings continue to drop, you will realize that the American public prefers to be able to decide for themselves how they feel about issues, not have issues presented to us with a slant that supports the beliefs of the “journalists” presenting the information.

Redeem yourself, ask John O’Neill from the Swift Boat Veterans on your show. Give him equal air time. Let your viewers hear what he has to say. Interview him, not attack him. Otherwise, you have to ask yourselves, what exactly you are afraid of. Believe me, if you don’t, the American public already has. How many more viewers do you have to loose before you reconsider your actions? As journalists it is your responsibility to provide non partisan coverage. Ask yourselves if you have succeeded?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that one of the most sickening things you've ever heard?

Have ANY of her hatchet job books ever stood up to scrutiny?

I'm moving this to geedunk in a bit, but I'm with ya, sister!
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her book is all lies and her only source is Sharon Bush, who claims that it is totally wrong. Its just an opportunity to give the lying libs something more to gossip about, cause they cant handle the truth, and to make herself a quick buck.
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOOAH!

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: