SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fox News Poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Fox News Poll Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,131912,00.html

New Fox news poll out today: Bush 47 Kerry 43 Nader 3,
Bush 47 Kerry 45 without Nader

Veterans vote: Bush 61 Kerry 30 Nader 3 or
Bush 57 Kerry 34 without Nader

The SBVT message has reached veterans...but non-veterans need to hear about the disastrous consequences of Kerry's recommended withdrawal from Vietnam, and his meeting with the enemy in Paris.

When will the next ad come out?
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the non veterans will not respond to anything we do. I come from a family that believes everything about John Kerry is just made up. I even have a sister that is running for state office on the grounds that we need higher taxes, because there are so many kids in need. When I ask her how much is to much she tells me that as long as other people need it, we must keep taking it.
PS I donated a few bucks to her opponent.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutso wrote:
Some of the non veterans will not respond to anything we do. I come from a family that believes everything about John Kerry is just made up. I even have a sister that is running for state office on the grounds that we need higher taxes, because there are so many kids in need. When I ask her how much is to much she tells me that as long as other people need it, we must keep taking it.

The idea that when it comes to giving and taking, that it's best explained by "Everyone should give according to their ability, and everyone should take according to their need", is straight from the Communist manifesto.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the CBS news poll better Wink

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/09/opinion/polls/main642108.shtml

Bush 50 Kerry 42

Survey date 9/8
acs99
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Who cares? Reply with quote

The Fox News Poll has continually underepresented Bush's support the entire election.

The Fox Poll was the only poll that had Bush losing going into the GOP convention when every other poll showed Bush movement. The Fox Poll has had the Bush job approval number lower than all the other polls throughout.

Every other poll, CBS, Gallup, Time, Newsweek, show Bush from anywhere from a 7-11 point lead. Even Zogby has Bush's numbers better than Fox.

The Washington post/ABC poll coming out today is also supposed to be good news for Bush according to National Review.

Seriously, you people need to stop taking Fox News word as Gospel. Their poll is a joke. The least credible of the polls out there.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should just bookmark this one:

http://www.pollingreport.com

It has most of the polls. No single poll with be always accurate.

I try to average them out and watch the trend lines.

Even the Fox poll is good when you look at the change from their last poll.
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seriously, you people need to stop taking Fox News word as Gospel. Their poll is a joke. The least credible of the polls out there.

I'm sure they hire an ouside polling company to do their polling and they do report on everybody elses polls.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nutso:

Quote:

snicker, snicker
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noc wrote:
You should just bookmark this one:

http://www.pollingreport.com

It has most of the polls. No single poll with be always accurate.

I try to average them out and watch the trend lines.

Even the Fox poll is good when you look at the change from their last poll.

For all, I'd check out www.realclearpolitics.com. From what I've seen, I think they are best at providing polling data, averages and articles.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Who cares? Reply with quote

acs99 wrote:

And your evidence to support that claim is? If it's only that some polls don't agree with others, then by what criteria do you decide which is more accurate? Let's not forget that these are OPINION polls, and we are not privy to the actual questions that were used in each. Polls can be slanted, but not necessarily so, and unless you have something hard to base your remarks on, it's a case of this being YOUR opinion that Fox polls are "a joke". Unsubstantiated claims are just that, unsubstantiated, and should be valued in that light.
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nutso wrote:

True! I have an aunt and uncle I haven't spoken to in about ten years. Or rather they haven't spoken to me either. They were under the impression the democrats (regardless of who it was) walk on water. Big supporter of sleezeball Clinton.

We just have to write off those like them because they're all like a zombie cult who've been brainwashed. Kerry is as dull and stupid as the day is long, yet they'll back him to the end. Not because they like him, but because they've been convinced that they hate Bush. Whether they base that on their own opinion, or something they're told.

The target voters are the neutral (couldn't form a thought if their life depended on it) undecided's. Either because they just don't care, or they're incapable of consuming enough information to make a choice. For those, I would be content if they didn't vote at all, rather than closing their eyes and picking. Some vote merely because it's "their god given right" to vote. So they do so not based on any forumla whatsoever.

I think it'll come down to what the registered base is as of this moment. Same thing in 2000. That's why the polling is so close. Polls are BS. Registered Republicans and Democrats are spilt down the middle. In the end it comes down to who is the most infuriated by campaign events to make it a point to vote for their party. And sadly, who can't make it to the polls for one reason, or another. Not to mention the tens of thousands of absentee (mostly military) votes aren't counted.

Frankly, I'm kinda glad the liberal weenies are stirring things up now. If enough of it is exposed before election day, not to mention Kerry's charade of the past 35 years, people will be pissed enough to do something. Then nothing would do my heart better than to see Kerry out of a job, never have to see his psycho wife again, and watching all the Hollywood celebs crying for the next four years...

Oh yeah, and the one worst thing of all. I'm stuck in this stupid liberal leaning state of California (where the military brought me and I never left) where my vote means absolutely nothing at all. Of course, had I stayed in my homestate of New York, things wouldn't be any different. After all, they elected Hilary to the Senate. Damn!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: