SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warning to the Wise
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Warning to the Wise Reply with quote

A warning to the wise From Ed Gillespie, RNC chair. This warning is applicable to the SwiftVets.

Get ready for stormy seas, gang!

-- FDL

September 8, 2004

In response to President Bush's Agenda for America's Future and a critique of his policies and Senate record, Senator Kerry's campaign is implementing a strategy of vicious personal attacks against the President and Vice President.

The campaign is bringing in a bevy of former Clinton henchmen, including CNN commentators James Carville and Paul Begala. In August alone, Begala called President Bush a "gutless wonder," said he has a "lack of intelligence," and called Vice President Cheney a "dirt bag." Carville said the President is "ignorant big time" and said "George W. Bush and Dick Cheney are a couple of nobodies."

It's not like Bob Shrum needed encouragement to engage in personal attacks. At a Kerry rally Friday morning in Ohio, campaign surrogate John Glenn compared the Republican Convention to a Nazi rally, and Kerry called the President unfit to lead our nation and once again sought to divide the country by who served and how 35 years ago.

Of course, the President was called a "cheap thug," a "killer" and a "liar" at a Kerry-Edwards campaign event in New York, Mrs. Kerry has called the President's policies "unpatriotic" and "immoral" and DNC Chairman Terry McAuliffe falsely accused the President of being AWOL.

Democratic strategist Susan Estrich outlined the strategy last Wednesday in a column warning Republicans to "watch out." "I'm not promising pretty," she wrote before going on to call President Bush and Vice President Cheney alcoholics, then ask "is any alcoholic ever really cured?" ("I can see the ad now.") She deems the President's service as a National Guard fighter pilot "draft dodging," and says, "a forthcoming book by Kitty Kelly raises questions about whether the President has practiced what he preaches on the issue of abortion." (Interestingly, the New York Daily News reported back in February that the Kerry campaign intended to spread such a rumor in pro-life chat rooms late in the campaign.)

So the former Dukakis campaign manager has an advance copy of Democrat donor Kitty Kelly's book, which promises to throw unsubstantiated gossip at President Bush in the same way she falsely maligned the late President Reagan as a date rapist who paid for a girlfriend's abortion and wrongly castigated Nancy Reagan as an adulterer who had an affair with Frank Sinatra. A recent story says Kelly's book alleges President Bush used cocaine at Camp David while his father was President, which is as credible as her story that then Governor and Nancy Reagan smoked marijuana with Jack Benny and George and Gracie Burns.

And tonight on CBS, longtime Democratic operative Ben Barnes-a friend of, major contributor to and Nantucket neighbor of Senator Kerry's and vice chair of the Kerry Campaign--will repudiate his statement under oath that he had no contact with the Bush family concerning the President's National Guard service. (Anyone surprised that Barnes would contradict a statement he made under oath probably doesn't know his long history of political scandal and financial misdealings.)

So brace yourselves. Any mention of John Kerry's votes for higher taxes and against vital weapons programs will be met with the worst kind of personal attacks. Such desperation is unbecoming of American Presidential politics, and Senator Kerry will pay a price for it at the polls as we stay focused on policies to continue growing our economy and winning the War on Terror.
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect to the RNC, this isn't news.

Many if not most here, including those who simply went to their local bookstore to buy Unfit for Command, have been subjected to this behavior on a personal level. Kerry's communist flirtations have been openly embraced by his supporters.

One thing we all have in common is we know what to do: hit back. And when that comes, Mr. RNC, don't think there will be any backing off by us.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jack white wrote:
One thing we all have in common is we know what to do: hit back. And when that comes, Mr. RNC, don't think there will be any backing off by us.

I would have said:

"One thing we all have in common is we know what to do: hit back. And when that comes, Mr. Kerry, don't think there will be any backing off by us." Twisted Evil
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

I would have said:

"One thing we all have in common is we know what to do: hit back. And when that comes, Mr. Kerry, don't think there will be any backing off by us." Twisted Evil

Point taken. But just watch, when things get hot, unlike the DNC with the Texas group, the RNC will be pressured to ask us to stop again. I don't speak for anyone other than myself, but I could give a tinker's damn less what the RNC wll say when we get really, really "ugly" by revealing the truth about Kerry's association with our enemies.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jack white wrote:
Point taken. But just watch, when things get hot, unlike the DNC with the Texas group, the RNC will be pressured to ask us to stop again. I don't speak for anyone other than myself, but I could give a tinker's damn less what the RNC wll say when we get really, really "ugly" by revealing the truth about Kerry's association with our enemies.

Oh...now I understand what you meant.

Agreed....let the RNC, let the DNC, let Kerry, let Bush call for SwiftVets silence...and let those calls be ignored.

-- FDL
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DNC forumulates all of this crap, and Susan Ostrich and her buddies are the "ports" at the end of the DNC's alimentary canal, where it is all expelled. But all of their attack crap is totally meaningless... smelly yes, but people with rational thought patterns realize that the smell is due to the source. These marketing, or anti-marketing idiots as the case may be, think that they have power, when they're actually deluded and completely helpless to do anything beyond convince themselves and the fools who sign their checks. They've only fought agains "movie" soldiers before. Never real ones.

True Americans know which way is up. Stay the course gentlepeople, and stay the honor. Victory is dead ahead!

Semper Fi,

MarineBrat
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Warning Reply with quote

In the days to come It will only get worse. Truth means nothing to these people. Winning is all that matters. Look who Kerry still has on his campaign staff. People from his VVAW days. You notice the MSM does not mention that.

RHV
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Warning... Reply with quote

MarineBrat wrote:
...Susan Ostrich and her buddies are the "ports" at the end of the DNC's alimentary canal, where it is all expelled...

Thanks MarineBrat, that's the happiest thought I've had all day it now is my vision when I hear her. LOL! I'll excuse your anatomically incorrect reference because we all knew what you meant, didn't you? We know where she lives so we just thought...
bhlewis
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, with CBS's forged documents, Barnes's daughter saying he was a lier, and Kitty Kelly spouting of utter BS, the democrats are getting their mud right back in their face.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda makes one pine for the days when the DemocRAT party had the likes of Larry Flynt shilling for them.

Rolling Eyes
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RNC can eat me, Bush lost my vote about a year ago, maybe more.

this is about justice for a traitor, closure for the honorable, and educating the uninformed about the honor of our soldiers in Vietnam. Someday, EVERYONE will look on them in the same light we look at WW2 vets.
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I will vote for the president because I think he has done great.
I sure don't want to give John Kerry a vote
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeinwv wrote:
Quote:

I will vote for the president because I think he has done great.
I sure don't want to give John Kerry a vote

I'll vote for him because he's done something
Not completely what I wanted, but action beats inaction.

Guess we could go with Kerry, and wait for a U.N. coalition though Rolling Eyes
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also will vote for Bush. There's much he does that I don't like, but I know where he stands and I believe he's real.

Kerry, on the other hand is saying whatever he thinks will advance him politically. I believe he has an adgenda now just like he did in Nam, an adgenda that was calculated to advance John Kerry, not help to advance any particular cause.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That statement that they sent out was pretty much a no brainer. Neither party floats my boat. However ,the greedy capitalist pig Bush get's my vote (that was a joke folks).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: