SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling all Marines
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smaj9999
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing about kerry with disgust 'way back then' as he and his phony friends were trouncing around with their anti war trash. I didn't like the bastard when I'd see him in public office over the years. I didn't like the bastard when announced his presidential run, etc. As his past unfolds, I find it amazing that so many Americans (voters) not only don't have a problem with him, but so many actually embrace him.

But after reading his quotes from www.WinterSoldier.com ... I feel a new, super level of revulsion and frustration. Before my WinterSoldier.com read, and regarding RVN, kerry was just another puke who used the war as a bandstand. To read his quotes now that he is a serious candidate for the U.S. Presidency, is like knowing that someone is desecrating graves in a National Cemetary.

This miserable puke is more detestable than slick willy.
redhawk34
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I doubt very seriously these slugs were ever in the Corps. Most likely Army.
Semper Fi"
Now, now, Bandit. If ya go castin' nasturtiums at the Army, who'll read the book to th' Jarheads? Smile

I always noted the hair length of the "Nam Vets" involved in Winter Soldier and the antiwar movement in general. They must have served REAL early.

Redhawk

Navy calls them "helos."
Army calls them "choppers."
Marine points in the air and grunts twice.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Calling All Marines Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Gregg, smaj9999 and redhawk34. I hope the photo isn't making anyone sick (especially Marines), but it has to be seen. Semper Fi!
noyesj
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all the ones that FLIP Flop would make a good commander, look just a little ways back in history.
You will see Jimmy Carter, as bad as he was he was ten times better than FLIP FLOP could ever be.

John ; USAF 1953 -1957
BrownBill
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not a Marine; but, service on PBR's in CTF-116 brought me into contact with Force Recon.

For the Marines, a joke:

A college professor, an avowed Atheist, was teaching his class. He shocked several of his students when he flatly stated he was going to prove there was no God.

Addressing the ceiling he shouted: "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform.. I'll give you 15 minutes!"

The lecture room fell silent. You could have heard a pin fall. Ten minutes went by. Again he taunted God, saying, "Here I am, God. I'm still waiting."

His count-down got down to the last couple of minutes when a Marine, just released from active duty and newly registered in the class, walked up to the professor, hit him full force in the face, and sent him tumbling from his lofty platform. The professor was out cold!

At first, the students were shocked and babbled in confusion. The young Marine took a seat in the front row and sat silent. The class fell silent...waiting ....................

Eventually, the professor came to, shaken. He looked at the young Marine in the front row. When the professor regained his senses and could speak he asked: "What's the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The Marine responded: "God was busy. He sent me."
8404HM2
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a PDRL 'Corpseman' latw of 2/9,Class of '66', thought I would jump in.
Bradley's book on the Flag raising is not a Corpsman view. It is the view of a survivor of Iwo.
Don't forget that the Corpsmen had the highest percentage of awards, WIA, and KIA's at Iwo. Making housecalls is/was more hazardous that an 0311.
My 2 cents.
Semper Fi
Doc H.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: waltjones Reply with quote

8404HM2: You guys were the angels of the battlefield, and as far as I'm concerned, it took a lot of guts to go out under fire, practically unarmed and treat the wounded. Thanks for your service. Semper Fi!
DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Hey Doc H Reply with quote

Hey Doc H,

I didn't mean any disrespect towards towards Corpsmen, as should have been obvious when I was as outraged at the depiction of said men. If you have a sore spot about it, that is your feelings, not mine. I called Corpsmen "warriors with the bandage" as they were and are warriors.

I had said and still maintain "it is inherently Corpsman slanted", as James Bradley was the son of same Corpsman and used documents of his father's as the basis of much of the story. His father's memories had to be Corpsman slanted wouldn't they? Sheesh, go find someone to disagree with you please.
8404HM2
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devil Don; Was trying to make point that Iwo was ALNAV. Something only the sea Services could do. I think of myself,not as a Corpsman but FMF Corpsman. There is a difference. Still have my utility Cover from 1966. Was what I wore on the Freedom Bird to Oke. Was not trying to cause problem but to point out that the Book was more than just a Corpsman's rememberence of Iwo.
SEMPER FI
Doc H.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Bradley's Flags of Our Fathers Reply with quote

I think he did both: he gave me a special inside view of Corpsmen and a great, detailed history story. I wonder how Bradley would feel about the cover of The New Soldier? Semper Fi!
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice all the new people the last three days! Methinks we are being mass trolled! There is no way that this many new veterans have found this site. A pro Kerry / Democratic / Liberal site has instituted a mass attack on this site!

War Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownBill wrote:
I was not a Marine; but, service on PBR's in CTF-116 brought me into contact with Force Recon.

For the Marines, a joke:

A college professor, an avowed Atheist, was teaching his class. He shocked several of his students when he flatly stated he was going to prove there was no God.

Addressing the ceiling he shouted: "God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform.. I'll give you 15 minutes!"

The lecture room fell silent. You could have heard a pin fall. Ten minutes went by. Again he taunted God, saying, "Here I am, God. I'm still waiting."

His count-down got down to the last couple of minutes when a Marine, just released from active duty and newly registered in the class, walked up to the professor, hit him full force in the face, and sent him tumbling from his lofty platform. The professor was out cold!

At first, the students were shocked and babbled in confusion. The young Marine took a seat in the front row and sat silent. The class fell silent...waiting ....................

Eventually, the professor came to, shaken. He looked at the young Marine in the front row. When the professor regained his senses and could speak he asked: "What's the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

Brownbill,

When and where did your serve on Plastic Fantastics? I served in TF 117 and TF116 as a patrol officer in RIVDIV 595 which was the only ASPB division in Market Garden and Sealord. That was only for a few months before the division became RIVDIV 153 "Delta Destroyers" in RIVRON 15 of the MRF (TF 117).

Welcome aboard, Bro.

ASPB Riverrat

Last edited by ASPB on Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Bravo! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

War Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Still calling .... Reply with quote

Nice one, BrownBill! Any more Marines out there who haven't seen Kerry's dishonoring Iwo Jima? Semper Fi!
TruckSTR
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Not a Marine, but... Reply with quote

I hope that the group won't be "offended" by my posting in this 'Marine vets only' thread. I am a vet... Navy '80 - '84. But I am also a new Marine Dad. My son just completed his tour of Parris Island and just reported to Camp Geiger, NC.

My son, at 17 years old and prior to joining the Marines, was not interested at all in politics. During is DEP session, he started asking questions and showing an interest in current world events. He's still 17 (won't turn 18 till August) but has come to understand that we are - and have been - in a war for some time now.

No, this war has not been "declared" by Congress. It's not really a war against any country in particular. 9-11 changed all of that. This is a war against radical, militant, fanatical Islam. THAT is a something that our current "PC" thinking in this country won't allow us to openly declare war on. Bush won't do it, but neither will Kerry. But it IS a war, nonetheless.

Time will tell how we, as a country, "react" to the threat that these terrorists pose. I'm not heartened by what I've seen so far from those that would have us sit back and wait until a "real threat" is posed - read that: another 9-11. I am, however, hopeful that those that would stand in the way of of our doing something about this threat will be in the minority come November. Hopeful, but not sure.

I am, however, quite positive that Kerry is NOT the man for the job of CIC. Bush might not be the best, but Kerry will be much worse.

(Hmmm, my first post and I post in a "Marine" thread. Oh, well. Semper Fi!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: