SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A warning to those who exposed the TANG Memo fraud
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poljunkie wrote:
This investigation was driven by people at www.powerlineblog.com

They have a cashed article implying that some believe Carl Rove tricked the DNC/Kerry campaign into colluding with CBS to publish forgeries and making them all jump on the story.

This would make the DNC/Kerry campaign either corrupt or stupid. Not to mention making Rove one of the smartest men on the planet.

Don’t forget credit should also be given to the Paul Revere of our times, Mr. Matt Drudge. Drudge has an important place in the new media. When Matt announces a story that the Mainstream Media ignores it get attention.

The Swift Boat site and “Unfit for Command” got a big boost when Matt splashed both the book and group on his website.

Over the years Drudge has forced the media to cover stories they would prefer not to look at. I guarantee that without Drudge, Fox News, the Internet, other talk radio and other alternative media the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth would be under the radar and Kerry would be elected President.

It makes me wonder how big a con job the MSM has been playing on us for years.
angrylady
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone noticing the other huge discrepancy: Bush joined the Guard in May of '68. Barnes said that he helped Bush get in when he was Lt. Guv - trouble is he wasn't elected until '69.

He was a member of President Johnson’s Commission on Intergovernmental Relations, U.S. representative to the NATO Conference in 1967, and United Nations Representative to Geneva, Switzerland, in 1968.

In 1969, Barnes was elected lieutenant governor of Texas and served from 1969 to 1973.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Please use the Geedunk Forum for "Forgery" related comments.

Thanks for your cooperation.
gator60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Fraud Reply with quote

With the resources that CBS has, it is clear, that CBS and Kerry's campaign are committing fraud pure and simple.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the head of the panel that discusses news reporting on Fox is saying that CBS spent 6 weeks authenticating the documents and the others just spent a few hours. He was just on Jane Skinner. Coming up is an interview with the son of Lt Col Killian.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
Now the head of the panel that discusses news reporting on Fox is saying that CBS spent 6 weeks authenticating the documents and the others just spent a few hours. He was just on Jane Skinner. Coming up is an interview with the son of Lt Col Killian.

Just puts more egg on CBS' face. A full western omelet
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:

Six Weeks? Interesting...because it happens to jibe with the prowler (American Speculator) story. I am still inclined to dismiss it, but....

Truth is Beauty
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because some staffer has something on their desk to check out "for 6 weeks" does not mean it was actively being authenticated for 6 weeks!

The fact that CBS hasn't been able to immediately present their experts with all the necessary "evidence" to back up the authentication makes me suspect they don't have it (but might be trying to create it?)

The "dissing", if you will, of the detective work that was done on this makes me agree with:

Quote:
You GottaBeKidding

I think CBS (and other MSM) just haven't "gotten it" about the power of the internet and bloggers. Even a year or so ago, it would have been a lot more difficult for thousands of people with many different areas of knowledge and expertise to work on something like this and come to a conclusion in such a short time.

There's another thing, too. (This may seem off-topic, but bear with me here.) Back when I was in Engineering school, I had a General Studies class in Technical Writing. In my "section" ( -- there were several sections of 20 - 30 students, as I recall) I was lucky to get a teacher who formerly did tech writing for the Army. Now, this class was not "hard": I was a "B" student overall, but I aced this one without too much trouble. If it had actually been an Engineering course, I would have said it was definitely(!) my easiest Engineering course. However, this 'ol Army guy gave us enough homework that several of the kids griped, and a few went and compared our homework load to some of the other sections. They then started b****ing and moaning about how we had 3 times as much homework to do as any other section, and how they were going to complain to the Dean about it! Well, I don't know if they did (I did not notice any decrease in the homework!) but I do remember later thinking how lucky I was to be in this section, really learning something that I would need in my career. I also remember thinking "they think this is a heavy homework load? Somebody ought to drop these whiners into a 3rd or 4th year Engineering course!" Or Physics or Chemistry or...

So, what areas were the gripers in? Recreation. Radio/TV. Journalism.
Now, ok, I don't mean to "smear" everyone in those areas. But, even without the above, I think it is obvious that most of the MSM is lazy and sloppy. Just look at what the Swifties are now finding in the old Navy records. How come they are finding it and nobody in the MSM is? (Well, there have already been other discussions and articles about that.) Yet,
the far left and MSM think those who don't follow along with them are "stupid".

Quote:
jataylor11

You forget the MSM agrees with Michael Moore that Americans are the stupidest people on earth. Too stupid to look at a document allegedly written thirty years ago and not see that it was written using software invented 20 years ago.

People too stupid to use the resources available on the internet. Too stupid to understand what properly motivated individuals can accomplish.

Let them continue to misunderestimate us all.

As Jimmy Castor put it: Right on! Right on!

BTW, does anyone have the Michael Moore quote that Americans are the stupidest people on earth, and a good source for it? I'd like to e-mail it to everyone I know!
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: the "memo" Reply with quote

It seems the Dems have their "talking points" regarding the origin of these documents. Of course...the REPUBLICANS! I went to the John Kerry site, and sure enough...they are sure of it It seems that Kerry is not capable of any dirty tricks. LOL
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, the John Kerry "Rapid Response" page has crashed...seriously, it wont come up!?!
http://blog.johnkerry.com/rapidresponse/
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to be careful....

dem Mantra....

Everything is Bush's fault....

Even as the dems invent their own stuff...

I'm hedging my bets, but this will come back to the kerry campaign, and some lowly demlib will get paid money to out them, IMHO, and they will take the money.....

This is a combination front that is inking the kerry campaign swiftly...

Keery is so scared he REFUSES to answer any press questions for over a month, and the hill he has to climb is getting bigger every day, and the truth about him is insurmountable....

There is so much more still to be upfront news....

North Vietnam...
Paris talks....
Stolen Valor, etc......

Keep ut up folks, don't be scared, stay active, and keep the heat on until Kerry is defeated...

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

PC
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: CBS Rerveals Reply with quote

Yet a brand new CBS response

http://qando.net/archives/004062.htm
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: CBS Rerveals Reply with quote

PC wrote:
Yet a brand new CBS response

http://qando.net/archives/004062.htm

Laughing

What's not to believe now???
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DNC saying that The RNC or Bush supporters planted this forgged document reminds me of an old story. If u tell a lie, and just keep saying it, even in the face of overwhelming evidence-some people will get confused and believe the lie.
The story I was told to illustrate this: a wife walks in and catches her husband in bed, in their house, with another woman. The wife is indignant, and berates him. He responds by denying the woman is there, and continues this line of attack. All the while he is denying it the woman is getting up, dressing and walks out the door. He continues to deny it and now the wife is so confused, she wonders if it actually happened.
They think America is that stupid. Shocked
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNN is on top of this:

This just in: CBS will be airing an new expose on the Bush connection to the hurricanes plaguing Florida.

They have memos reported to be between Bush and God, and in those memos Bush demands that God punish Florida for the election debacle of 2000.

No word yet on who leaked these memos, but it is suspected that they were leaked by a person claiming to be neither a Republican or a Democrat. This person, known only as "Jesus," claims he thinks both Kerry and Bush have "good qualities," but is leaning Bush.

No one at CBS or here at CNN has ever heard of this person known as "Jesus" and are following up on this breaking story, but there are other memos that suggest Jeb Bush was involved in the conspiracy in an attempt to keep the "damn yankees" from voting twice for Kerry, as they did in the 2000 election, by ravaging the state and making it unattractive for elderly yellow-dog Democrats.

Also, in a related story, there is now evidence that Halliburton will be getting contracts to repair the damage caused by these so called "hurricanes."

The Kerry campaign is calling on Bush to respond to the evidence of his conspiring with God to keep Kerry from the White House. Kerry also disavows any personal knowledge of anyone named "Jesus," saying that he has no links to the Kerry campaign. Kerry has been on the campaign trail, saying, "Wrong hurricane names, wrong state, wrong time. "W" stands for wrong, wrong, wrong."

No one was sure what that meant, so no one clapped.

Meanwhile, Kerry continues to fall in the polls, and Teresa Heinz-Kerry has another tummy ache, requiring prescription pain pills.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: