SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NonLinear
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: It's Working Reply with quote

As a non-Vietnam era vet (USN 1976-81) I'd just like to tell you guys this.

When SwiftVets first got going, I was somewhat dubious. Sorry, but I'm a skeptic. After months of regularly visiting this site, and seeing the professionalism in the posts:

1. Ensuring links are posted to any quoted matter.
2. No gossip stays once it has been shown to be that - moved to geedunk.
3. Painstaking research (more on this later)
4. Analysis to consider every aspect, even considering every break that you can grant to JFKerry when some doubt exists on some point.
5. Keeping the high road open.
6. Staying on topic.

I've done something that I've never done before in my life - and yes, I've rounded the block several times. I gave money to a "political organization". I only use the quotes because it is obvious that it is the man, not the politics that motivates this organization.

NavyChief / instigator, NavyNavyNavy, Nomorelies, Wing Wiper, ASPB, (and others, too ) - Hat's off and wallet out for a great job in progress! You folks made the case for a cause worth supporting.

Regarding research - NavyChief, You are awesome to behold in action! I thank God that I've not done, and pray that I never do anything to get you going after me! Keep it up!

Of course, you have made my life miserable at home. My wife is a true-blue, life-long, dyed in the wool democrat, and thanks to you I now feel obligated to tell her "No - the SwiftVets are not a bunch of right wing sleaze mongers doing the RNC's dirty work." Thanks to you, I was actually able to completely debunk the MSM version of this story that had been drilled into her head, and do it point by point with facts, and by the numbers. Now when she see's me online she tells me not to be reading more of the Swift Boat Vet stuff to use against her!

I'm not a big Bush fan. I've frankly been disappointed in his spending habits and his lack of communication with America among other things. But John Kerry is truly scarey.

I challenge any visitors who want to know the truth to look here first and to ante up for this excellent cause.
Do it here!
Dragoro
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as presidents go, Im not worried whether they can communicate well with the American people, far as Im concerned thats not thier job. Thier job is to protect and run the country. That is something Kerry could never do. He just wants to see President in front of his name, and then turn Iraq into the next vietnam.

Dragoro's Realm Forums
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonlinear,

Thanks for your post... I can't say I wouldn't vote for someone else if there were a better option. I don't like the spending and I REALLY don't like the illegal immigrant lack of compliance with law and border control. We have so much of it out here....
I'm non military (closest I come to it is my dad (who I never knew) who was in WWII); I wanted to know more about the SBVTS and Kerry. I didn't like Kerry (I've caught him in so many lies, my head swims) and I wanted to know more detail about the medals, etc. so I came to this site and found it to be awesome.... and so educational! My head must have been stuck in the sand back in the early 70's. The SBVTS pulled my head out of the sand. It's about time all this comes to the surface and is dealt with.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, man, I appreciate the praise. There are a lot of people here that deserve it more than I do. I'm in awe of the good work of ASPB, Navy Chief, the mods, and too many more to mention. There's more talent and patriotism on this board than I was aware still existed. It's very uplifting to see and I'm honored to be a (small) part of it. Keep the faith, people, we're going to sink this guy in his own cespool of lies and treason if we keep it up. Then we can all---> Laughing
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the greatest group. Anything we can do to promote the cause is what we do. I've given up a lot of personal things in the last few weeks because the Swiftvets are right and they deserve justice. I am not a veteran, just believe so strongly in what they are doing. It would be a horrible disservice to these vets for Kerry to win the election. John Kerry IS Unfit for Command.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow -- you guys!

Everyone is giving me goosebumps. Ditto to all the praise for all the extremely talented Vets and Non-Vets on this site. And good on ya, Nonlinear!

You seem to be seeking the truth and there ain't absolutely nothing wrong with that (using my borrowed Texan drawl).

I am so proud of so many that have stood up and said to the MSM and Kerryites, "Not so fast... here's the truth".

Many have been called names and ridiculed by the cruelest of people and it still continues. You can see the huge divide this has caused in every Media outlet -- now we know who stands where. Cool

Keep reading, fellow Americans.

Keep speaking the truth..

Keep supporting the SVBT with your time and money...

Keep praising our men and women who serve our country....

And keep praying our country will be led by the best leaders we can elect!

- instigator
Battleship Bob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to everything said above. These brothers of ours deserve every ounce of respect, honor, help, and prayers that we can muster up for them. They're back on the front line after 30+ years and THEY ARE KICKING ASS for all of us!

God bless all of you guys & gals and keep pounding away! We all can and have made a difference!

PS to NavyChief: My son's graduating from Air Force BMT at Lackland a week from today..........he never could swim very well so he went Airdale. Damn, I'm proud of him!!!

Bob

http://ussiowa.org/
http://holyloch.com/
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battleship Bob wrote:
Amen to everything said above. These brothers of ours deserve every ounce of respect, honor, help, and prayers that we can muster up for them. They're back on the front line after 30+ years and THEY ARE KICKING a** for all of us!

Bob

I agree! You have my deepest respect and my gratitude.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battleship Bob wrote:
Amen to everything said above. These brothers of ours deserve every ounce of respect, honor, help, and prayers that we can muster up for them. They're back on the front line after 30+ years and THEY ARE KICKING a** for all of us!

God bless all of you guys & gals and keep pounding away! We all can and have made a difference!

PS to NavyChief: My son's graduating from Air Force BMT at Lackland a week from today..........he never could swim very well so he went Airdale. Damn, I'm proud of him!!!

Bob

Are you going to be at his graduation? If so, I'm only 20 mins away from the base.

- instigator
theflickster
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In full agreement with NonLinear. (Thanks for putting it into such excellent words)

The excellent forum for research, the ready answers (many times answered again, because someone new comes along and asks) The time given from all of the moderators. The patience and kindness.

The various articles, links from many and the excellent factual documents providing fabulous background information from NavyChief. (the great research from Navy Wife)

The information provided continues outside of this forum, bringing many others to a different understanding Wink

It's all appreciated....
Battleship Bob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief,

Sorry, I'm kinda spotty on when & for how long I'm online......Yes, we wouldn't miss his graduation for anything. We're flying down next Wed. & staying 'til Mon. I think they'll let this old squid on base, LOL!!!

Bob

http://ussiowa.org/
http://holyloch.com/
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

This is a great bunch of people, here and it's a pleasure to read this board.

Watching the dissection and sleuthing that goes on here is better than any movie. Smile
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battleship Bob wrote:
NavyChief,

Sorry, I'm kinda spotty on when & for how long I'm online......Yes, we wouldn't miss his graduation for anything. We're flying down next Wed. & staying 'til Mon. I think they'll let this old squid on base, LOL!!!

Bob

Hey,

If they let me on the base every day, surely they'll let you Cool

- instigator
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Its Working Reply with quote

Thanks to all the SBVT and all the moderators on this site. Hopefully after 30 years justice and peace.
God Bless you all, as well as all who contribute to this cause.

RHV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: