SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

$6.7 Million from 53,000+ donors
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: $6.7 Million from 53,000+ donors Reply with quote

$6.7 Million

9/11/04
The Swiftees have raised $6.7 million from 53,000 donors! They're running national ads on Fox News and CNN. Unlike the Rather forgers, they get no support from the lying liberal media, or the president's campaign. They need your help.

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
RagBagger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave again today, my wife and kids (13 and 17) love it! All I hear at night is "Dad/Honey come quick another ad is on!!"

We laugh and love it and each other. . .

Six million seven hundred thanks you wonderful Swifties!!
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting ready to wire a donation...Just want to say it is a pleasure to be a member of this forum and to give money to help keep America strong and
the greatest nation on earth..
larryivy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Medal Ad Reply with quote

Medal ad showing on Fox News about once an hour here in AZ. Havn't seen any Kerry ads on Fox today, I wonder if they have suspended spending money in AZ ?

Larry
Floridavietvet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SBVT was started by some very heroic guys who were angry over misleading and overstated comments by John Kerry, the man who wants to be Commander in Chief. The SBVT's have acted very professional and have stayed true to their mission. Unfortunately, I believe this movement is now being "hijacked" by big oil money (over a million dollars in Texas oil money), and this organization is going to be used to achieve their (oil money's) ends...using your money. Do not be fooled into accepting that this is alright and that the "ends justify the means" because, at that point, you become no better than your enemy. Mark my words, you are going to see the opposition party pointing this out next week. I'm just giving you the early "heads up".

New York Times:

WASHINGTON, Sept. 10 - Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, an advocacy group that jolted the presidential race with commercials questioning Senator John Kerry's military service, said it had raised $6.7 million in a windfall brought about by the group's high profile in recent weeks.

Several of the largest donors are longtime supporters of President Bush, according to a financial disclosure report filed on Friday with the Federal Election Commission.

The largest contributor was T. Boone Pickens, a famous Texas oilman and longtime Republican supporter who was a major political backer of Mr. Bush's father, who gave $500,000 to the Swift boat group. Aubrey McClendon, chief executive of Chesapeake Energy in Oklahoma, gave $250,000; Bob Perry, another Bush supporter from Texas, gave $200,000 to seed the group; and Albert Huddleston, a Texas energy executive who has raised money for Mr. Bush, gave $100,000, records show.
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: "Oil money" Reply with quote

So what ? The SWIFTIES are clearly Anti-Kerry and their campaign WORKS.. why do you have a problem that some sees that SWIFTY goals and their own might align ??

After all the enemy of an enemy is a POTENTIAL FRIEND !! you cannot be so naive not to understand this.. At least some donors hostile to the leftwing causes clearly seem to have gotten the message.

no 527org will walk away from big donations - especially if they are given unconditionally - that's part of the effort to get the word out. Let the Dems do what they want. The SWIFTIE story will continue and will hammer home it's cause..

MAXX (from Austria)
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who should make donations then?
The MSM and Kerryites can kick up all the fuss they want. I have a one name response to their complaints, George Soros.
Should SBVFT turn away money legaly and openly reported to the proper authorities, just because the person is a Texas Republican? Or Lord forbid in the Oil Buisness.
The MSM has tried burying this group since the first Ad hit the Air. They have tried discrediting through slander, by claiming it is a front group for Bush, yadda yadda yadda.
This will not change until the American People have their say and kerry goes home to one of his multi million dollar estates, Uneelected and above all shown for the Liar and (OK no way to say how I feel without having to Moderate my own response here).
Do not worry about how it looks to the MSM or more how they will try and make it look. I would not care if the Clintons sent money to SBVFT!
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Donations by Clinton ? Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:

Do not worry about how it looks to the MSM or more how they will try and make it look. I would not care if the Clintons sent money to SBVFT!

wow.. that nailed it .. looks odd and funny on the first sight but a closer look couldn't rule out this possibility. Clinton has nothing to gain but everything to lose from a Kerry presidency, particularly Billary..

MAXX (from Austria)
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is wonderful.

This ends the speculation that Swift-Vets was a flash in the pan to run out of steam before October.

This also shows the true corruption of most political 527 groups when compared to Swift-Vets. I have seen at least 15 PAID FOR advertisements by Swiftvets....and I have seen maybe 2 from all the others. The others have spent over 100 million dollars....and have about 50 million or more to go.

All Swift-vets donors know, the money goes right to where it should, and they see the results.

The good name of the Veterans of Vietnam is being shown to all, and the history books will correct the record of the lies perpetrated by John Kerry.

PS: I think its great that since the rich Republicans were already being blamed....that some good hearted rich republicans decided "WTF I might as well just send over a check since I am already being blamed"
larryivy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Oil Money Reply with quote

Many people want to donate because
1) These guys are honorable and telling the truth. Theres nothing more damning than the condemnation of your peers.

2) It also gives small guys or "big oil men" a chance to get more for their political donation buck. You cant argue with success.

Larry
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Several of the largest donors are longtime supporters of President Bush, according to a financial disclosure report filed on Friday with the Federal Election Commission.

The largest contributor was T. Boone Pickens, a famous Texas oilman and longtime Republican supporter who was a major political backer of Mr. Bush's father, who gave $500,000 to the Swift boat group. Aubrey McClendon, chief executive of Chesapeake Energy in Oklahoma, gave $250,000; Bob Perry, another Bush supporter from Texas, gave $200,000 to seed the group; and Albert Huddleston, a Texas energy executive who has raised money for Mr. Bush, gave $100,000, records show.

The SBVT is doing just fine...The truth sures hurts...It's killing the lefties, to hear someone is donating large amounts of money...Who cares...The Swifties are on a mission...The MSM, the DNC, have been spitting out lies, for two months, now, and more to come...( Talking points,talking heads, included...) People are turning to the Bloggers for fair news...When the shoe is on the other foot, they cry...That's all they have left, crying and lying...

The media really has p****d me off...Bloggers are the way to go, for now...

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
Sandra C.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I would not care if the Clintons sent money to SBVFT!"

Speaking of the Clintons, wonder if THEY have access to an IBM Selectra typewriter.....?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about future donations to swiftboats with a little note saying "on behalf of bill and hillary"

bahahahahahahaa
let em print that one
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“I would not care if the Clintons sent money to SBVFT”

They probably are. Clintons don’t seem to truly want Kerry to win. Let’s start a rumor: Hillary & Bill make large donations to SBVT!
clpeters23
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though currently unemployed, I just had to donate. I'm grateful that the Swifties have taken the reins and are getting the real story out. Mr. Kerry got himself into this mess and I for one am enjoying watching him squirm while he inplodes. His whole candidacy makes no sense whatsoever. He has absolutely nothing going for him and has screwed up every step of the way.
Could go on and on, but thanks again!
Cathy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: