SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry to Address National Guard Association Conference 9/16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy Kay wrote:
Redview wrote:
I am just speachless.
Absolutly speachless.

I can't believe he will show. Not after all he has said.
How can anyone doubt this guys mind is glue?

I think it's another indication of his Narcissistic (sp?) Personality Disorder

Funny you mention that. Smile

From my site:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45

Narcissistic Personality Disorder.... Hmmm... An explanation

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis1/p21-pe07.html

Diagnostic Criteria

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4. requires excessive admiration
5. has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
6. is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7. lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Differential Diagnosis

Histrionic Personality Disorder; Antisocial Personality Disorder; Borderline Personality Disorder; Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder; Schizotypal Personality Disorder; Paranoid Personality Disorder; Manic Episodes; Hypomanic Episodes; Personality Change Due to a General Medical Condition; symptoms that may develop in association with chronic substance use.

I'd say that IMHO, this may POSSIBLY explain Kerry's actions as an individual and may be worth checking into...

Perhaps we can get some help for him...

This is just my opinion, and it may be wrong, but this is the way I see it...

Here is a site for self-diagnosis...

Maybe Kerry can confirm this or not?

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dx/dx-pe07.html

Treatment possibilities are here:
http://www.mentalhealth.com/rx/p23-pe07.html

Don't worry Kerry,

"Help is on the way"

Thoughts observations, am I full of bunk when I came across this?

Regards,
Joe

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

FlyLow
Seaman Apprentice

Location: Texas...where many of us are NOT rich Republicans...but many of us are CONSERVATIVES!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EVERYONE of these attendees should stand and turn their back to this coward.

This man has absolutely no "couth". He should be booed at least.

tigers tamed, bars emptied, virgins converted, orgies organized.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

next generation wrote:
Quote:
John Kerry would walk over a pile of dead bodies to satisfy his blinding political ambition.

I think a credible argument could be made, that in fact, John Kerry already HAS done just this. His anti-war activities clearly gave "aid and comfort" to the enemy. The prominent display of Kerry's photograph in the War Remnants Museum in Saigon is proof-positive that the Communist Vietnamese believe Kerry's activities helped them achieve victory.

Kerry rose to public prominence at a national level with the VVAW in 1971. Americans continued to serve and die in Vietnam until 1975. The activities of Kerry and the VVAW encouraged the North Vietnamese to continue fighting, and killing American soldiers, because they could count on the tide of American opinion eventually undermining the war effort.

The same argument could be made today in regards to Kerry's continual flip-flopping on the war in Iraq. Nothing like giving our enemies hope in the belief, that once again, America will allow politicians, not generals, to decide the course of a war. Why should the insurgents lay down their arms and cooperate with the Iraqi interim government, if they know the U.S. is likely to pull out and leave the Iraqis hanging?

I truly believe that Kerry already has the blood of American soldiers on his hands, and has been using it to his political advantage for 30 years.

That's worth repeating.

This is what is at the heart of the Swifts' message - they're warning the country, and at great personal sacrifice, in some cases - certainly they've been threatened because of it.

Shout it out - this IS the message! Don't be afraid - there's a lot of us shouting it out right along with you, this time!
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say as a vet I am really disappointed in the way most vets are responding to Kerry when he shows up at vet sponsored events....such as the VFW and American Legion - I was really disappointed that these vets did not stand up and all of them turn their back on Kerry...what a statement that would make - rather than just a few who did this. Where is the backbone of these vets?

I just do not get it. I could never shake Kerry's hand let alone raise by hands in applause for this man. I remember when my husband retired in 2000 - I really tried talking him into at least waiting until 2001 so President Bush could sign his retirements orders...I was just glad that my letter of appreciation was not signed by Clinton. Maybe I am too much of a right winger - I just don't know.

I had problems just standing at formal functions when they mentioned Clinton's name...I would never be able to stand at any function if Kerry was elected CIC of our Armed Forces - guess I should be glad that my husband is retired so I wouldn't embarass him at any military functions in the future.

I truly am shocked at these vets and their implied support of him when he walks in the room. I do not expect any difference from the National Guard. For some reason they applaud Kerry - maybe not with such great enthusiam...but they still applaud him. I just do not get it. Respect for Kerry - NEVER. Applaud Kerry - NEVER.
greenvale
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Drudge: DNC plans new attacts against Bush and guard duty in hopes of derailing his address before these vets. He's hopeing to get them to show disapproval like some have shown him. I believe that Kerry address this same group later in the week.
It's getting nasty..the swifties did damage by using the truth..not treachery..
God Bless America,
Greenvale
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DNC is now attacking President Bush for saying he was in the Texas Air National Guard and the U.S. Air force. So, when flying Badger and Backfire intercept patrol missions, there was no coordination with NORAD? Or maybe they had to get Lt. Gov. Ben Barnes' permission? Yeah, that's it.

These people are f'ed in the mind. And juvenile delinquents in their thinking.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax,

All this will do is further alienate the Guardsmen from Kerry. Anyone that has dealt with the Guard knows that when they are activated, they are subject to the same regulations and same chain of command, etc etc as active duty members. Indeed the Air Guard (or any Guard for that matter) is also an adjunct of the Air Reserve.

That means that when Lt. Bush was on active duty during Basic and Flight Training, he was for all intents and purposes an active duty USAF Officer. He has a Reserve and State Commission, true, but I assure you that it would make little if any difference.

Casting aspersions on guardsmen with active duty time is a collossal mistake on Kerry's party.

Truth is Beauty
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Kerry to Address National Guard Association Conference 9/16 Reply with quote

Folks -

As much as I want to see a negative reaction at the NGAUS convention, I've got to caution you that it probably won't happen. The most they'll do is sit on their hands.

There are probably going to be a lot of O-5's and up in attendance that need to worry about their next jobs and whatever funding they get from their state governments. Any one of those folks from a state with a Democrat governor isn't going to want to get caught on camera standing with his back to John Kerry.

Last edited by ArmyWife on Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Silverback
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very fact that he's going there shows just how tone-deaf he and his campaign are. He'll be lucky if he doesn't get boo-ed off the stage.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that if Kerry's people have not pulled him out of this by now, they must have set it up with their embedded people. Probably part of a plan, I do hope some people uncover this if true. At this point, I don't think they would let him go before a hostile crowd. This could be a real bummer.
Kathy Kay
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
DNC is now attacking President Bush for saying he was in the Texas Air National Guard and the U.S. Air force.

I think these are the spit balls that Zell Miller was talking about.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we spread this story to NGA in the next couple of days?

From "Reckless Disregard," p. 46 by Buzz Patterson:

Quote:
Kerry's first protest with the VVAW was at the National Guard Association's annual convention in New York. From September 13 to September 17, 1970, Kerry's group set up picket lines in front of the Americana Hotel and handed out flyers that read, "The National Guard Uses Your Tax Dollar To Support the Military-Industrial Complex, To Honor War Criminals - Westmoreland, Laird, Nixon, etc., To Applaud Campus Murders by National Guard Units, To Encourage Armed Attacks on Minority Communities." Kerry participated as the "NE Rep." - the New England representative - for VVAW.

Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry to Address National Guard Association Conference 9 Reply with quote

Jette wrote:
Sen. John F. Kerry to Address National Guard Association Conference
U.S. Newswire releases ^ | September 9, 2004 | U.S. Newswire

Sen. John F. Kerry is set to speak to more than 3,000 Guard officers gathering next week in Las Vegas, Nev., for the 126th National Guard Association of the United States (NGAUS) General Conference and Exhibition.

Thanks to the person that posted the email in follow up posts.
I have emailed the following:
ngaus@ngaus.org

I apologize for not addressing this email to a particular person.
I am the wife of a retired military man that began his service by
enlisting during the Vietnam era. Then and now I have supported
him and our troops at home and abroad. Sen. Kerry, however,
has spent his personal and professional life opposing our government
and our military. It is a slap in the face to all the soldiers, sailors,
their families, and the American people who support our troops
whenever Sen. Kerry is allowed to address a military forum.
Sen. Kerry has physically, mentally, and emotionally harmed our
Veterans in the past and he is doing so again today by besmirching
the soldiers he now wishes to address. The soldiers who are
currently fighting and dying for our country.

I respectfully ask that you reconsider Sen. Kerry's speaking
engagement.

Becky Kivak
Biloxi, MS
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everyone here is serious about wanting to see some negative reaction to Kerry at the NGAUS caonference, then you need to ask around and find RETIRED National Guard folks who might be attending the conference and get them to boo, protest, whatever.

People currently serving in the Guard cannot take the political risk to do what we hope they will. They all have Democrats in their state legislatures whose votes they need for funding. Many of them are serving under Democrat governors, and ticking those Governors off could cost them their jobs.

The crowd will probably just give polite little golf claps, and remain quiet much of the time. It's the most they can do...especially if they are in uniform.
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: The Anti-Guard Strategy Reply with quote

The Democrats, not just Kerry, have adopted a pattern of denigrating service in the National Guard. Their goal is to portray the Guard as a bunch of people who join for the benefits with the idea that they'll never see combat duty and are totally unsuited to fight. The Democrats do this to make President Bush's service in the Guard seem less honorable than it was.

As a case in point, after two North Dakota National Guardsman were killed in Iraq on Jan. 24, Lloyd Omdahl, the former Democratic lieutenant governor of our state, wrote this vile column that appeared in newspapers around North Dakota. He claimed that the Guardsman were duped into joining and were being exploited by the Pentagon.

It just so happened that one of the men killed was a close friend of mine for 14 years when I lived in Bismarck, ND. I knew why he had joined the Guard and his feelings about the war in Iraq. Omdahl's shameless insult of my friend and all Guardmen made me so angry that I wrote this response.

But liberals have no shame when it comes to slandering America's soldiers. A local peace activitist wrote a letter to the editor in which she essentially called me a liar. Omdahl wrote another column a few months later claiming that an e-mail he received from a Guardsman in Iraq proved him right. I'm still disgusted with how casually they're willing to proclaim that my friend was foolish and died for no reason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: