SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fox Poll- Media duped by Swift Boat Veterans
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aristotle The Hun wrote:
Oh for crying out loud! I just clicked the link before I read any posts. I sat there (like some boob) attempting to make sense of the question.

LOL! You be not alone, friend. Very Happy

A lot of these online network polls display the same level of intellectual curiosity.

MSNBC's have been the worst, but Fox has pulled its share of really stupid ones - especially the O'Reilly polls. They're written to garner a specific response.
Twidget
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good poll to go with this one would be: has Fox's shoddy reporting had an effect on the electorate?
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*******THIS IS A TEST *******
*******THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY POLLING SYSTEM *******
*******IF THIS POLL HAD NOT BEEN A TEST POLL YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN SUPPLIED WITH A REAL AND SENSIBLE QUESTION**********
*******ONE THAT WOULD HAVE MADE SENSE TO NORMAL ACTIVE BRAIN FUNCTIONING HUMAN BEINGS *********
*******AND NOT DESIGNED BY AND FOR BRAIN DAMAGED LEMMINGS*******
*******OH BTW DON'T FORGET TO ANSWER THE POLL*******
*******I UNDERSTAND THIS WAS JUST A TEST OF MY MENTAL ABILITIES*******

1) YES
2) NO
3) MAYBE
4) ALL OF THE ABOVE

jrsdad
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
What's next, "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

How do you answer if the media has been duped by only one of the above?

That was exactly my thought when I saw the poll.

New suggestion:

"Do you believe that Bush or Hitler were responsible for the Holocaust?"

"Have Batman and the Joker increased crime in Gotham City?"
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the stupidest question I have ever seen. There is no way a person that has a brain can even answer this question. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stupid should be ILLEGAL!
happyday
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
This is the stupidest question I have ever seen. There is no way a person that has a brain can even answer this question. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Stupid should be ILLEGAL!

LOL I agree, stupid should be made illegal, but that would eliminate most MSM now, wouldn't it? Twisted Evil
noMOass
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a procedure in mind for these left wing dumba$$e$.

We will call it "Late term abortion"
RogerDraftDodger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: media thinks to favor one group over the other is "part Reply with quote

The media thinks to favor one group over the other is "partisan". So they give equal wieght to both these groups to be "fair and balanced".

O"Reilly did this with the Swift Vets. In his mind they were the Republican equivalent of MoveOn.org.

Being "fair and balanced" stakes out a postion in the middle. If they had applied this to the differences between Hitler and the Jews. They would have concluded that neither were completely right and maybe Hitler should have killed half as many as he did...
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Fox Poll- Media duped by Swift Boat Veterans Reply with quote

What about the one at Vote.com "Will The Military Records Of Bush And Kerry Sway Your Vote In The 2004 Presidential Election?" Yes or No.

Apples and oranges if you ask me.

theflickster wrote:
You all need to see this one. (its on the right side bar with a story about 9/11 by Rick Leventhal)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132116,00.html

Have the media been duped by both the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and those who wish to discredit Bush?
Yes
No
Undecided
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Aristotle The Hun wrote:
Oh for crying out loud! I just clicked the link before I read any posts. I sat there (like some boob) attempting to make sense of the question.

LOL! You be not alone, friend. Very Happy

A lot of these online network polls display the same level of intellectual curiosity.

MSNBC's have been the worst, but Fox has pulled its share of really stupid ones - especially the O'Reilly polls. They're written to garner a specific response.

I did the same thing and then decided I would e-mail Fox about their stupid "when did you stop beating your wife" poll. Went back to the posts and Laughing Embarassed Laughing Embarassed Laughing Embarassed Laughing Embarassed ...

This group is so quick. At least now my head can stop spinning - YES, No, Yes, No, Yes, No....
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is up on Greta's page:

Does the Vietnam War have an impact on your presidential voting decision?

a. No (66%)

b. Yes (20%)

c. Somewhat (12%)

d. None of the above (2%)

84,453 total votes

This is not a scientific poll.
Click here for past poll results. Read my daily Gretawire blog.
Get 'On the Record' weeknights at 10 p.m. ET
jMark
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Rediculous poll question I just emailed them Reply with quote

I sent a message to Speakout@foxnews.com after reading some comments here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77925,00.html

Here is what I sent:
"Have the media been duped by both the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and those who wish to discredit Bush?" This is an poorly worded and unfair question as it equivocates SBVT with the anti-Bush groups. Most media againt SBVT didn't even read the book "Unfit for Command" yet reported against it. Several media outlets produced these alleged Bush National Guard papers as fact with little research. The media has acted as if Bush orchestrated SBVT ads against Kerry and immediately stood by those who tried to then say Bush has to answer about his Guard records and service while the Bush campaign has never asked about Kerry's military records. The media has not stood and asked for Kerry's Form 180 while claiming Bush hasn't released all of his records. Leaders in the Democrat party have called Bush names like "liar" and the media has not held them accountable. If Kerry wants to run on his Vietnam service and the like then let him answer for his actions back then including "aiding" the enemy as an officer during wartime. And let Bush run on his presidential record rather than trying to make him run on his Guard that he never tried to run on. It's unfairness and unwillingness to do fair reporting. The media are not being duped, but are doing the duping with their biases. Here is a poll question for you: Is Fox News number one because the other news outlets are both poor at reporting and because there's nothing better on TV to watch? - Mark (Atlanta, GA)
swiftsocks
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not vote in this poll because it's just another lame attempt by "unfair an unbalanced" Foxnews to spin this in any direction they see fit. And you can be absolutely certain they will spin it......you can also be cetain Fox will never admit it was stated so as to intentionly mislead and confuse readers.

GGrrrrrrr !
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the next Fox poll will be something like...

Fox News Dynamic Poll:

Are you a

o A liar
o A cheat

Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: