SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A USAF Vet's Feeling about Kerry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bouncer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: A USAF Vet's Feeling about Kerry Reply with quote

Here is an e-mail I sent to all my friends and family...feel free to copy and pass aloing!

Friends;
I am not normally politically outspoken, being an avowed independent (albeit very conservative!) But I just saw an interview on the news that I must pass on. Former 7 year POW, Navy Capt. Paul Galanti was asked when he first heard about John Kerry's anti-war testimony to the Senate, and he said...

"We were in room 3 of the Hanoi Hilton, walking around when Hanoi Rose (or whatever her name was) announced that a US Naval Officer testified before the US Senate that we were all war criminals. I looked up at the TV screen, and saw John Kerry calling me a war criminal in front of the US Senate."

I don't care what you think, but to me this is TREASON! My dad flew KC-135's in Vietnam, Dyana's dad flew B-52's and was shot at in Vietnam, and he lost many friends in the B-52 community. Whether you agree (in hindsight) that the Vietnam war was right or wrong, you must agree that John Kerry's testimony to the Senate about Vietnam was seriously wrong at best, and treasonous at worst. John Kerry's testimony labeled everyone who fought in Vietnam a war criminal.... my dad, Dyana's dad, your dad, uncles, grandparents, EVERYONE!
I know in my heart that not all these honorable men were war criminals. Sure, there were some that committed war crimes, there are some in every war. But to label every single man that served his country honorably in Vietnam a war criminal...that is inexcuseable!
Dyana's dad will to this day refuse to watch a Jane Fonda movie. I used to think that was silly, because I was so young when all this Vietnam stuff was going on. But now I think I understand. I served 12 years in the USAF, and saw several friends die in training accidents. Were those deaths less dramatic than the deaths of Dyana's dad's comrades in Vietnam? Sure! But were they any less worthy? No! Men and women in our armed services have been dying everyday, in peacetime and in war...for the same ideal...to protect OUR freedom! We must honor and respect them, regardless whether they died in peacetime or war, regardless what war they died in...THEY ARE AMERICAN HEROES! They do not deserve to have their sacrifice and honor besmirched by Senator Kerry.
Senator Kerry will tell you today that he stands for the very freedoms that we cherish. And I think in his own convoluted way he does. BUT if you do not stand behind the men and women that protect those freedoms, if you label those honorable men and women war criminals, then you are aiding and abetting the enemies of those freedoms, and your words are the empty words of a traitor.
Do you know someone, maybe a cherished family member or friend that served honorably in Vietnam, was a POW in Vietnam, gave their life in Vietnam? John Kerry thinks your loved one or friend is a war criminal! Do you agree with John Kerry? Do you want to vote for him for president? Let your conscience be your guide as you remember all those who served and died honorably in Vietnam!
Thanks for listening to my babbling!
Jim
(PS- Vote Bush or Nader, I don't care...just don't vote for the traitor Kerry!)
(PPS- If this e-mail upset you terribly, so be it, take me off you mailing list, and let me know to do the same!)
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said my friend... Laughing Laughing

I don't think the left had a clue about the depth of loathing
thousands of Vietnam Veterans had for Fonda & Kerry ...until now...

Someone said..."This is the Parade we never got".. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: hearing that! Reply with quote

It was Hanoi hanna, not to be confused with jane the missle sitter fonda.In WW2 it was toyko rose, who is a US citizen, I would of hung her.
I saw the show you talk about, and I saw the "tree huggin dirt worshiper " alan colmes cut him off as he was making a very important point
I also noticed today that cnn (clinton news network) has some of thier paid staff moonlighting for a person that gave aid and comfort to our enemy.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From one AF guy to another:

Well said Bouncer. Cool

We have to continue giving the Swift Boat Vets our support. When Kerry loses, history books will show that the Swiftees made the difference in this campaign.

Medics, we're there when you need us.
Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im ex-USAF too . Every American military veteran or active is our brother/sister and we all have to close ranks now and keep this scoundrel from getting in. Yaknow I just cant fathom the mindset that would spread disinformation, give comfort to the enemy, trash America...ect at a time when we have troops in combat. I didnt understand them during Vietnam, "I was a kid". And I dont understand it now.
Where do these liberals come from? What planet? I can see being moraly against the war, but the lies I see spread on the I-net by these characters? By their politicians? When our boys are in combat 1/2 across the world? It just stuns me!..................Rich
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also former Air Force. Didn't like what I saw when I returned from the war, the way we were treated. Now, our son is active duty Air Force, and I'm seeing some of the same things starting again. I don't want him to experience what we did back in the 60s and 70s. We need to keep faith with all the wonderful men and women going in harm's way to keep our country and way of life safe. Another donation in the mail Monday. We have to stop this guy from becoming CinC!
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Bouncer. Don´t know why anyone would be upset
at your email. Couldn´t agree with you more. I´ve
written the same to the press.

My only hope is that when Kerry loses, he resigns
his Senate seat (or is removed) and we never see or hear from the guy again.

Montana

Arnold and Kerry - Both betrayed their country
VietVet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Thanks For Your Help Reply with quote

This site has led me to read Kerry's speech and the Winter Soldier testimony. So Thank you for posting links to the the material.

But I really don't understand the position that Kerry was the problem. It seems clear that Nixon was slowly removing us from Vietnam. There had been over 500,000 when I served and the number was down to 250,000 at the time of his testimony. It seems very clear that we were leaving. If that was the case why should more soldiers die for a "lost cause".

It is real hard to accept that my friends died for nothing concrete but they did. It certainly doesn't make their loss less tragic or diminish their sacrifice but it was clear by 1971 that the US was not going to "win" in Vietnam (Vietnamization was a joke. They lasted a few weeks when the NVA had their offensive in 1975).

P.S. I served from October 1967 with the 3/13th Artillery until being severely wounded on March 17, 1968. From Xmas day until the second week in March I was in the huge free fire zone northwest of Tay Ninh. Not a single village remained, just deserted clearances in the jungle, a few slabe of cement flooring and abandoned wells. Resttlement was a VERY brutal and immoral policy.

After nearly three months in Camp Zama Hospital in Japan they cleaned out the walking wounded from the Hospital and sent us back to Vietnam. Two hundred of returned to finish our tour of duty (many didn't finish the second round but exactly how many I will never know). In October 1968, after returning to the states and getting treatment at the VA they gave me my lifetime disability and couldn't believe I was sent back.

I wasn't supportive of Kerry when all this flap started but your site did lead me to read and understand more so for that thanks.

One last question. Why is it honorable to get in the National Guard ahead of thousands on the waiting list; have taxpayers spent the equivalent of $5.5 million to train you to fly; and then leave the service to work on political campaigns but it is dishonorable to serve, win medals and fight to end the needless killing in a war that politicians had already decided wasn't going to be won?

But we are all veterans so I do salute your service but I do NOT understand your anger since I presume you are knowledgeable about Vietnam.
USAF-67-72
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks For Your Help Reply with quote

VietVet wrote:
This site has led me to read Kerry's speech and the Winter Soldier testimony.

One last question. Why is it honorable to get in the National Guard ahead of thousands on the waiting list; have taxpayers spent the equivalent of $5.5 million to train you to fly; and then leave the service to work on political campaigns but it is dishonorable to serve, win medals and fight to end the needless killing in a war that politicians had already decided wasn't going to be won?
1) TV discussion by TANG officers about the forged memos reveals that Bush did not springboard ahead of anybody -- the queue for pilots was very short indeed. The plane he was trained on, however, was obsolescent -- a NORAD interceptor. (I controlled F102's, which were described to me by their pilots as having "the glide ratio of a brick.")
2) You're right about the politicians: It was LBJ's war, not the military's war. A noble cause, with an absurd execution. I've heard more than a few comments to the effect that the war had all but been won militarily (which VC generals have apparently confirmed), but was lost diplomatically ... in no small measure thanks to Jhengis Jhan and his V.V.A.W. liars' brigade giving the North Vietnamese the light that they needed at the end of the tunnel.
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vietvet - Thanks for your service. This forum is about John Kerry and his actions both during and after Vietnam...most of it self serving.

I am not angry but cannot speak for others on this forum. I just feel Kerry is unfit to be the Commander-in- Chief. No one has said
it was dishonorable to serve. John Kerry was not ¨fighting
to end the war¨ when he came back. If you believe this, then
you have bought into the Kerry spin machine. Everything
Kerry did was self-serving. Kerry´s actions in the VVAW
was completely and totally calculating to further his political career.
Please read Unfit for Command.

Montana
VietVet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Veterans Unite Reply with quote

Actually I did read Unfit for Duty.

I think everyone sees life through their own filter. If Kerry was that brilliant to plot out everything so carefully 35 years ago (conjured war hero, peace leader, etc.) he sure has lost that touch since. He has certainly not run a consistently strong campaign.

While some of his current political views are being misrepresented his position on the Iraq War, is certainly convoluted, if nothing else. Agree with it or not, it was a lot easier to understand his view of the Vietnam War.

I think it is important that the divisions around Vietnam don't get reignited to such an extent that we return to the bad old days of the "70's" Vet movement where Agent Orange, PTSD, Outreach Centers, Homeless Vets, etc. were seen as divisive issues, not on their merits, but on which organizations supported them.

I, for one, liked the closing of our ranks that happened during and after the Vietnam Veterans War Memorial was established.

Veterans face many issues in upcoming federal budgets plus the concerns around veteran's health care are sure to become more important as we age (I go to VVA meetings and I sometimes can't believe that I am that old. I AM). It is interesting how all the GUARANTEES to Veterans and active duty military and their families are fast becoming negotiable budget items.

Take care brothers and sisters.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Veterans Unite Reply with quote

VietVet wrote:
If Kerry was that brilliant to plot out everything so carefully 35 years ago (conjured war hero, peace leader, etc.) he sure has lost that touch since. He has certainly not run a consistently strong campaign.

I think you misunderstand... candidate Kerry was NEVER "brilliant" - he was CALCULATING - and he continues to be such. EVERYTHING he does is carefully calculated to advance HIM. A while ago, Misty posted an interesting article about his father (something about an apple not falling far from the tree). Search it out and read it. It will give you a much better idea of where candidate Kerry's motivation comes from.

Last edited by air_vet on Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Veterans Unite Reply with quote

VietVet wrote:
It is interesting how all the GUARANTEES to Veterans and active duty military and their families are fast becoming negotiable budget items.

Sorry, but no President can do anything about the "negotiable" aspect.

The fact is, spending on the VA has gone up 41% in the first three years of Bush's tenure, more than twice as much as in the EIGHT years previous.

Second, only Congress can move Veterans spending from its current budget position in discretionary spending to a new position as an entitlement program.

Anyone know offhand, what John Kerry's position on this question was, last? How about his votes for increases in military and veterans pay and allowances? Wink
Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what bothers me the most about him. He was/is a political opportunist. I dont feel I have a right to question his actions in combat, how he got his medals?, how he got his early out from that river boat?, or even how he got an early out from his tour? The 'nam vets here have a right to question all that but I dont! . While Im a US veteran Vietnam was before my time.
What I do question, indeed what ever military vet, every American!, should question. Was his actions after the war! He was nothing but a self-made opportunist,a traitor to his comrades in arms, a traitor to his country! If 'nam was a popular war at home he'd as just as easily draped himself in an American flag, kept his medals, and campaigned with a buzz cut.
I despise John Kerry for those actions, when those boys of ours were in those terrible POW camps and were dieing and suffering in those jungles. My memories of Viernam are of sneaking into my Dads bedroom and reading the letters my cousin "airborne" sent him. My Dad was the one guy my cousin told the way it "really was". I absolutly despise Kerry as much as I despise Jane Fonda.
My cousin made it out of there. My Dad? I buried him with those letters. But I never forgot them, and I never forgot John Kerry. And I wont rest until he's drummed out of the Political scene...............Rich
john h
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: john h Reply with quote

Montana wrote:
Good post Bouncer. Don´t know why anyone would be upset
at your email. Couldn´t agree with you more. I´ve
written the same to the press.

My only hope is that when Kerry loses, he resigns
his Senate seat (or is removed) and we never see or hear from the guy again.

Montana

Arnold and Kerry - Both betrayed their country

Retired AF Pilot. Two years in Vietnam as a Special Ops and Air Rescue Helicopter Pilot. Shot down in 1969 37 miles west of DMZ. I have a special dislike of Senator Kerry which cannot be cured by an apology of any kind for his accusations of all of us before the U.S. Senate. My feelings about Jan Fonda seemed to have moderated over time as she did apologize and state she was youthful and not very smart at the time. I can sort of buy into that. Senator Kerry was one of us and betrayed us and generally made our life more difficult and in some cases more tortourous. All this to be a politician. What is one's soul worth? There is nothing in this world that would make me say what John Kerry said. No amount of money, no elected office, nothing. I am proud to have served with all of you and all of you who were there are heroes to me. You served in an unpopular war but when the bell rang you came out of your corner. You walked point, you flew into missle hell over Hanoi, you were an easy target on the canals, you Special Forces Guys had courage I can only dream about. There will always be a John Kerry among us who values himself above his commrades but you can go to sleep at night knowing in your heart of hearts that you served with honor. At the end of the day we have to live with what we did, what we said, and how we treated our fellow man.
John Kerry let us down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: