SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naval Archives
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry's Naval Reserve Obligation Reply with quote

cccalligan wrote:
Perhaps the four boxes of stuff uncovered by Navy Chief could reveal officially what Kerry DID vs. what he SHOULD HAVE DONE between his release from active duty and the legal end of his Naval Reserve obligation.

Here Here......that's what I'm curious to know too.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
I'm getting ready to retire and checking out of my command next week. I have medical, dental, security paperwork, preparing my retirement ceremony, and FINDING A JOB to support my wife and 5 children, and a million other things I should be doing right now... I think this is incredibly important which is why I am devoting so much time to it.

NavyChief, I couldn't agree more. That's why I'm blogging myself to death and letting other things suffer as a result. This may be the single most important thing some of us have done in years. The country and our future depend upon the outcome of this election.

You keep on keepin' on. It really doesn't matter what the Swiftvets want or don't want. This i much bigger than anything they are doing.

If they decide they don't want the research going on here, I can assure you I can have a place set up in no time that will host it and we'll keep digging until we know the truth.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief,

I wanted to express my gratitude and thanks for your research and efforts here. Whenever there is a post from you, I KNOW it is worth reading, and I'm sure others in this forum feel the same way. If you need to take a break, then take a break! Your family is the most important in this stage.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is GREAT news - I wish I could be a fly on the wall while you're working! Smile

I know what y'all mean about time - there's never enough of the stuff, lately. But, I figure we've only got to hang in there seven more weeks, then I can catch up with my housework and my yard work and my day job (If I still have one, by then! Wink ) - until then, defeating John Fraud Kerry is one of the central purposes to my life.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:

Here's an intial update on today's findings at the Naval Archives.

I, too, would like to offer my appreciation for what you, and these other folks, are doing. It sounds like a LOT of documents to pour through, and a great deal of hard work. Wish I could join in, if nothing else so I could bother that AP mole and learn me some real journalism, or whatever it is they do. But that's a long plane trip.
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Holy Smokes! 4 Boxes of Kerry files Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
I just got off the phone with the Naval Archives and they have the following on Kerry in their files:

(4) Boxes filled with message traffic

- CTF 115 messages
- COSDIV 11 messages
- Kerry awards and admin messages
- Command Histories
- Misc papers

Anyone with an ID can go in and look at the stuff. Copies are .30 a page.

Give me the address and hours open where they can be viewed and I'll send someone over to view them.
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also appreciate all you are doing, Chief. I agree with you about maintaining informational and operational security. I can feel those eyes upon us.
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
While our people were doing research today, a reporter for AP was deligently going through files of Coastal Division 11.

Hmmm... I wonder if this "reporter" might be removing documents or inserting more "old" ones. In days past I might have wondered if this person was an opposition agent posing as a reporter, but today we know they are one and the same.

NavyChief wrote:
Again, thank you for the encouragement from all of you -- it is appreciated.

Chief, encouragement is the least we can do. You and your team are fighting the good fight, and it is we who appreciate what you guys are doing for all of us.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmmm... I wonder if this "reporter" might be removing documents or inserting more "old" ones. In days past I might have wondered if this person was an opposition agent posing as a reporter, but today we know they are one and the same.

You can be pretty sure the Archives people have page counted the documents. And they are COPIES of the originals. No one gets to the originals who isn't way up on the food chain.

And after the fiasco with the Clinton hack swiping stuff out of the National Archives, you can be pretty sure there are plenty of eyes on the material as it is handled. Expecially something as volitile as Kerry's war records. The Navy Archives people aren't TOTALLY clueless.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it turned out the National Archives people weren't either, didn't it? Wink
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
You can be pretty sure the Archives people have page counted the documents. And they are COPIES of the originals. No one gets to the originals who isn't way up on the food chain.

And after the fiasco with the Clinton hack swiping stuff out of the National Archives, you can be pretty sure there are plenty of eyes on the material as it is handled. Expecially something as volitile as Kerry's war records. The Navy Archives people aren't TOTALLY clueless.

Thanks for filling me in, I didn't realize that only copies were available.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say Thank You for what you are doing. All of you that are there have a lot of courage and give all of us strength. There is a lot at stake and the opposition has shown themselves to be ruthless, but I know you will be very careful and that God is looking over you.

Thank You,

SBD
stcromwell99
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those people who have already photocopied these documents could make pdf files of them and put them on the web for everyone to look at. This would make it easier for all of us to examine them in detail and make comments.

I have been very interested in seeing all the comments of others here on line about those documents that are already available on line from Kerry and am waiting for the comments of you'all on these new ones!
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it would not be better to do this work in the "Background"...a password protected site, by those who are known to be on YOUR side???

Once evaluated, then unload all at once.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Quote:

Sorry Cipher, the documents are originals, not copies. The facilities are small and everyone works together in one room. I think the problem with the documents is that civilians aren't as able to decipher the routing codes, etc.

I intend to get back there either later this week or next week. I am sure that there are documents that contradict Kerry's versions of events somewhere in the archives. The Weekly Report I saw for 13 Mar 69 listed 5 injured in SeaLords mission for that day --- that would be everyone on the 3 boat, but not Kerry or Rassmun.

This project actually involves cross referencing documents with personal recollections to paint the real story of the SwiftBoat Vets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: