SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry is AWOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bulletbob3701
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Kerry is AWOL Reply with quote

I've noticed that the press seems focused on whether President Bush missed Nation Guard Meetings, but seems blind to Senator Kerry's Naval Reserve obligations. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I remember everyone had a 6 year service obligation. Reservists did 2 years active duty and 4 years attending meetings either one night a week or one weekend a month. Plus 2 weeks active duty (Summer Camp) a year. National Guard and Marine Reservists did 6 months active duty and 5 and a half years attending drills, and a Summer Camp each year. Bush did over two years active duty and seems to have attended most of his required drills. Kerry did less than 2 years active duty. And, Kerry never attended a single Reserve meeting as near as I can tell. The penalty for non attendance used to be orders for active duty. Looks to me like President Bush completed his obligation and Kerry did not. How about 4 years in Leavenworth? Why is no one jumping on Kerry's non drill attendance if they are berating Bush? Not Fair.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because the Mainstream Media (MSM) believes Bush bad, Kerry Good. Pretty much what it boils down to today. The MSM will ignore or berate the Swift Boat Vets as liars without lifting a finger to research, while they air blatant forgeries that make Bush look bad.
Let's just say that if the facts being put out there by SBVFT were against George Bush, it would have been headline news until Bush resigned from the Presidency in disgrace. (Just my opinion, but seems to be easy enough to back up doesn't it?)
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
Let's just say that if the facts being put out there by SBVFT were against George Bush, it would have been headline news until Bush resigned from the Presidency in disgrace.

Abso-freakin-lutely!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: