SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is your favorite Swift Boat Veterans for Truth ad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RV
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: What is your favorite Swift Boat Veterans for Truth ad? Reply with quote

I get very emotional when I see the medal ad. You can watch it here

Something about this ad really grabs me by the throat. Maybe it's the marching marines, maybe that hippie rascal throwing away his medal. I don't know, but this ad is very powerful.

Another one I liked is the one where Kerry testifies about atrocities. One of those POW's really gets to me. After 35 years he's still emotional about Kerry's betrayal. It makes me emotional too. Maybe it's Kerry's picture or Kerry's voice and his Jenjus Khan. It's a powerful ad.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Poll already posted Reply with quote

I posted a Poll a few days ago on this subject. It can be seen at http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8252
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My preference has been the "Sellout" ad. I believe more Americans can understand that one. Those who never served or those who were never in the Navy have a harder time understanding the other ads (at least what I observed in my experience in talking with friends. That "sellout" ad opens their eyes). They also prefer the sellout ad. The comments are they believe it's more powerful.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
68RSVN
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Jerry wrote:
My preference has been the "Sellout" ad. I believe more Americans can understand that one. Those who never served or those who were never in the Navy have a harder time understanding the other ads (.[/b]
Your right, the wife likes "sellout" best!

But if you are a vet, the "Anyquestions" add does the trick. Those guys looked and acted just like we did some 35-40 years ago and that sincerity could not be bought. It's a "guy thing" that women or liberals just don't understand.Wink
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I liked the first ad the best personally, the one with the broadest impact is "sellout" because everybody can relate to it. The personal testimony incorporated in all these ads is the most powerful component. I can't wait to see what the Swiftees do next. Keep the contributions flowing.
bp0001
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Sellout Reply with quote

The Sellout add caused me to donate. I don't live in a battleground state, so I haven't seen any of the adds on the air, but saw them on the website.

I have never served, but am extremely appreciative of those that have. While I understand how personal the issue of earning your medals can be, for many who haven't served this doesn't resonate.

To me, what Kerry did when he returned was far worse than anything he did in Vietnam, and cannot be justified. Other than the Swift Vets, no one is talking about this. By focusing on the medals, Kerry is allowed to ignore his after Vietnam activity.

I believe American society has changed. Collectively, we will never allow veterans to be treated the way they were when they returned from Vietnam. John Kerry was a large part of this, and should have to answer for his behavior.
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: What is your favorite Swift Boat Veterans for Truth ad? Reply with quote

It has not been seen yet . I hope the next ad takes some actual footage of POW's that were 'presented' to news organizations during the VN and adds some docu- drama part that shows 'tiger cages' and recreations of torture before they were on camera. Hire actors and graphically show what commie NVA interrogators did to our POW's USING KERRY"S LIES in CONGRESS Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
The American people will see Kerry and the DNC and their commie backers are liars and will know that kerry's words were a WEAPON against our military both during and after the VN and that no amount of saying he was a 'little over the top' in his testamony forgives his blatant
LIES about VN vets. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The POW ad is the most effective, imho.
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea which of the ads has been the most effective in swaying US voters. My personal favorite is the current "symbols" ad but wish it had closed with a shot of him with his DRV friends in Paris and/or his being honored in its War Museum. Seems to me the contrast between his rejecting ("giving back") his US medals/symbols while being honored by an enemy is a strong indicator of treason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: