SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's Honorable Discharge Mar 12, 2001; WHY?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Honorable Discharge Mar 12, 2001; WHY? Reply with quote

Anyone have any additional info on this: “Kerry did not obtain an honorable discharge until Mar 12, 2001 even though his service obligation should have ended July 1, 1972.” Site below:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.outdoorsunlimited.net/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?id=1093886103
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Military Record

Unlike McCain, Bush, and Gore, Kerry has adamantly refused to authorize the release of his military records. Most think it's because of his phony battle medals. I think the real reason is below. He was not granted an Honorable Discharge until March 2001, almost 30 years after his ostensible service term had ended!

This is very much out of the ordinary, and highly suspect. There are 5 classes of Discharge: Honorable, General, Other Than Honorable, Bad Conduct, and Dishonorable. My guess is that he was discharged in the '70s, but not honorably. He appealed this sometime while Clinton was doing trouser-tricks in the Oval Office. Political pressure was applied, and the Honorable Discharge was then granted.

His file is probably rife with reports of this, submissions and hearings on the appeal, reports of his "giving aid and comfort" to the enemy, along with protests that were filed with respect to his alleged valor under fire. This will blow up in his face before October 15th.

On 18 Feb 1966 John Kerry signed a 6-year enlistment contract with the Navy (plus a 6-month extension during wartime).

On 18 Feb 1966 John Kerry also signed an Officer Candidate contract for 6 years - 5 years of ACTIVE duty & ACTIVE Naval Reserves, and 1 year of inactive standby reserves.

Because John Kerry was discharged from TOTAL ACTIVE DUTY of only 3 years and 18 days on 3 Jan 1970, he was then required to attend 48 drills per year, and not more than 17 days active duty for training. Kerry was also subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Additionally, Kerry, as a commissioned officer, was prohibited from making adverse statements against his chain of command or statements against his country, especially during time of war. It is also interesting to note that Kerry did not obtain an honorable discharge until Mar 12, 2001 even though his service obligation should have ended July 1, 1972.

Lt. John Kerry's letter of 21 Nov 1969 asking for an early release from active US Navy duty falsely states "My current regular period of obligated service would be completed in December of this year."

On Jan 3, 1970, Lt. John Kerry was transferred to the Naval Reserve Manpower Center in Bainridge, Maryland. Where are Kerry's Performance Records for 2 years of obligated Ready Reserve, the 48 drills per year required, and his 17 days of active duty per year training while Kerry was in the Ready Reserves? Have these records been released?

Has anyone ever talked to Kerry's Commanding Officer at the Naval Reserve Center where Kerry drilled?

On 1 July 1972 Lt. John Kerry was transferred to Standby Reserve Inactive.

On 16 February 1978 Lt. John Kerry was discharged from US Naval Reserve.

Below are some of the crimes Lt. Kerry, USNR committed as a Ready Reservist, while he was acting as a leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War:

1. Lt. Kerry attended many rallies where the Vietcong flag was displayed while our flag was desecrated, defiled, and mocked, thereby giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

2. Lt. Kerry was involved in a meeting that voted on assassinating members of the US Senate.

3. Lt. Kerry lied under oath against fellow soldiers before the US Senate about crimes committed in Vietnam.

4. Lt. Kerry professed to being a war criminal on national television, and condemned the military and the USA.

5. Lt. Kerry met with NVA and Vietcong communist leaders in Paris, in direct violation of the UCMJ and the U.S. Constitution.

Lt. Kerry, by his own words & actions, violated the UCMJ and the U.S. Code while serving as a Navy officer. Lt. Kerry stands in violation of Article 3, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution. Lt. Kerry's 1970 meeting with NVA Communists in Paris is in direct violation of the UCMJ's Article 104 part 904, and U.S. Code 18 U.S.C. 953. That meeting, and Kerry's subsequent support of the communists while leading mass protests against our military in the year that followed, also place him in direct violation of our Constitution's Article 3, Section 3, which defines treason as "giving aid and comfort" to the enemy in time of warfare.

The Constitution's Fourteenth Amendment, Section 3, states, "No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President ... having previously taken an oath ... to support the Constitution of the United States, [who has] engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

A. L. "Steve" Nash, MAC Ret, UDT/SEAL SEAL Authentication Team - Director, AuthentiSEAL, Phone xxx-xxx-xxxx. "The only service where all investigators are US Navy SEALs." www.authentiseal.org

Michael P. Dover MSG (USA Retired)
stevieboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe no one has not seen an honorable discharge.

I just looked at the stuff I downloaded in March from his web site. It is not there. This remark on a DD-214 is the most obvious piece of paper we would expect any veteran to show.

Are you really on to somehting here????????
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly dont support Kerry in any way, but people keep saying he received and honorable discharge in 2001. From everything I can see, it seems like it was in 1978. Take a look at the files below.

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/Honorable_Discharge_From_Reserve.pdf

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/Acceptance_of_Discharge_Naval_Reserve.pdf

Last edited by ord33 on Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Nash is mistaken in his 2001 discharge assertion and we have gone over this in 2 other threads.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8002
and
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8245

Mar 12, 2001 is the date on Kerry's DD 215, the form which corrects the DD 214. Neither one of those forms is a discharge. Kery's Honorable Discharge is dated Feb 18 1978, and the .pdf file is available on his website.

I think everyone would agree that it is odd that Kerry would still be having corrections made that long after his service, but he is a politician and wants to show his documentation. In order for me to believe that there is more to the story, I would need to see some more documentation or better explanation from somebody. Kerry has already provided us with enough fraudulent stuff to go after him...we don't need to go alleging more without solid proof.

Last edited by ArmyWife on Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is urban legend...

Kerry was discharged from the Navy Reserve in 1978 with an honorable discharge. His service obligation ended in '72. He was kept in the inactive reserve until '78 - probably because he didn't resign his commission - while at the same time bad-mouthing the military - can you say "flip-flop".

I suspect the Navy discharged him in '78 because he missed a mandatory promotion to 0-4 - since he wasn't earning Reserve points for activity, there was no way he could have been promoted.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

air_vet wrote:
This is urban legend...

Kerry was discharged from the Navy Reserve in 1978 with an honorable discharge. His service obligation ended in '72. He was kept in the inactive reserve until '78 - probably because he didn't resign his commission - while at the same time bad-mouthing the military - can you say "flip-flop".

I suspect the Navy discharged him in '78 because he missed a mandatory promotion to 0-4 - since he wasn't earning Reserve points for activity, there was no way he could have been promoted.

I was on active duty with the Air Force (with a reserve commission, as I was from AFROTC - just to be clear Cool ) from Jan '85 to Dec '92. The military was drawing down and many of us were "offered the opportunity to leave". If you didn't, chances were good you wouldn't be promoted the next time around. Just lots of "surplus" officers as the Cold War ended.

I am still officially a member of the Inactive Ready Reserve. I get a letter from the Reserve Personnel Center in Denver once a year or so asking me to update my files, address changes, etc.

I should have been discharged from the IRR, as I understand it, approx. 10 years after leaving active duty. Since I'm still in, I have assumed it is because of ongoing hostilities. I've gotten a letter once in a while stating my records will meet a board for final discharge. But, nothing so far.

Frankly, I'm still kind of tickled to have this tenuous connection to the warriors out there Very Happy .

So, I guess I don't see anything odd about a final discharge for Kerry in '78, assuming his circumstances are similar.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJB wrote:
Frankly, I'm still kind of tickled to have this tenuous connection to the warriors out there Very Happy

I don't see it as "tenuous". People like you have been called back to active duty lately...and not just the whiners that you've seen stories on in the press. I've heard of a couple of people, here in my state, that were called back after being out for 10 years. They are back-filling desk jobs for people that are deployed.

Thank you for your service! Smile
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Constitution's Fourteenth Amendment, Section 3, states, "No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President ... having previously taken an oath ... to support the Constitution of the United States, [who has] engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

He may be wrong on some points but not on the above.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The assertion that Kerry did not receive an honorable discharge until 2001 is a load of "bovine organic fertilizer".

He received a DD214 on leaving active duty in Jan 1971 characterizing his service as "honorable". For most folks, that qualifies as an "honorable discharge".

He was formally discharged from the US Naval Reserve in 1978. Why so long after his reserve obligation expired, I don't know. Maybe he was a 2x nonselect for LCDR due to nonparticipation (timing would be about right). Maybe it was his request. Doesn't matter. It happened.

His DD215 in 2001 made some corrections to his Vietnam awards/decorations, adding some things (mostly unit awards) he rated and adding campaign stars to his Vietnam Service Medal (likely not authorized at the time of his leaving active duty). IMO, probably was requested due to his desire to "polish his resume" when he first started thinking about running for president.

All of these documents (DD214, DD215, Honorable Discharge from USNR) are all posted on Kerry's web site. The copies are quite clearly readable.

This well is dry. Don't waste any more time digging here - there's no dirt.

Seems to be plenty more elsewhere on "K Street", though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: