SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hiliary for 2004 Torricelli style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickie
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Hiliary for 2004 Torricelli style Reply with quote

http://shotsacrossthebow.com/archives/002084.html#002084

...In August, 1974, President Nixon was forced to resign for campaign dirty tricks and the following coverup.

In Oct. 2002, Frank Torricelli, tainted by scandal and losing his bid for the New Jersey Senate, withdrew, and was replaced by Lautenburg at the last minute. Lautenburg went on to win the election, saving a crucial Democratic seat.

The light begins to dawn, doesn't it my friends.

Kerry is losing this election, and losing it badly, and the Dems know it. They needed a way to get him out of the race, to be replaced by a candidate with a better chance of winning. The problem is there's no way for him to drop out now. Not only would they have to concede that the Democrats are in big trouble, (not a possibility) but there would be major legal obstacles, including problems getting on all the ballots if they replace a candidate following the convention.

And so, a scheme was born. Clumsily forged documents would be released by the Kerry campaign to the media, creating a scandal designed to rebound on Kerry. Dan Rather, already planning his retirement, played the part of the sacrificial lamb in this scenario, giving up a short piece of his career for the good of the Democratic Party. Kerry, more than likely, is completely ignorant of this plan, not realizing that he's about to be replaced on the Democratic ticket. He'll deny any wrongdoing, but will be 'persueded' by party members to step down as candidate. Then, a replacement candidate will be put on the ballot

So, who's the mastermind behind this Machiavellian machination? Do you think it's a coincidence that Clinton staffers have begun to take over the Kerry campaign? Is it a coincidence that James Carville is now an official advisor to the campaign? How long has he been giving unofficial advice? It seems very clear that the only mind subtle enough to be behind this whole shebang is none other than Old Serpent
Head himself. And if he's behind it all, can a Clinton be to far away?

Yes, folks, you heard it here first. This whole RatherGate scandal has been the first stage in Operation Hillary in 04.

Watch as the emphasis shifts from the media to the Kerry campaign.

Let's see Drudge top this one...[/quote]
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scary to think about, I kind of doubt it would happen.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Hillary in 2004? Reply with quote

Sounds a little far-fetched. Besides, if the Clintonistas wanted to bring down Kerry to substitute Hillary, it would be far easier for them to give oodles of money to the Swiftvets, then substitute Hillary who also went to Iraq for Thanksgiving (with less cheers than President Bush). Besides, if CBS' credibility was destroyed using fake memos against Bush, Hillary would be deprived of a useful tool in her attack machine.

A little fact-check: the ethically-challenged former Senator from New Jersey was named ROBERT Torricelli, not Frank. His replacement was Senator Frank Lautenberg.

I'm ashamed to say that I was born in New Jersey, whose capital was recently re-baptized Sodom-on-Delaware...
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I don't believe it. It's not the Clinton style. They wouldn't take such a huge risk. If they destroy Kerry's credibility, they also destroy their own. Clintonites are in every nook and cranny of the Kerry campaign, everyone would believe the Clinton's engineered a coup. Hillary would lose in a landslide.

No, if Hillary really wanted to be president in 2004 she would simply arrange for a convenient accident for Kerry(a la Ron Brown), or maybe a timely suicide (like Vince Foster)" John was so depressed over the whole Swiftboat smear".
What ever it would be, there would be nothing to tie it to her. Then reluctantly, sadly, she could be called forward by her party to replace the fallen hero. With her lipservice to the war effort, she could dismiss that as an issue, campaign on domestic issues, and lead her party to victory.
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillary can't beat GWB, thats why she didn't compete in the primaries.
vickie
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have Kerry come in have a mud fight with Bush, then at the last minute he bows out to Madam Hiliary...

It could work... Even if it didn't, it would help her in '08 because she had tried to save the party.

They have nothing to gain by staying with Kerry. At this point he is a sure LOSER! But they do need to worry about his drag on the other candidates...
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a little different slant: Bubba gets medvac'ed and Hillary need to hold his hand, feed the dog at home and neither have time to support Kerry in '04. Kerry goes down in round 1 for the count in "04 and Hillary is wide open in '08 with a new GOP canidate to run against.
I believe HRC never had any intention to oppose GWB on '04 and will opt to make a run in '08.
Kerry would probably love to quit at this point, but he wouldn't like turning the '04 campaign funds over to anyone. Wink
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Hillary step in...not 48 days before an election.

The 15th of Sep (right NOW!) is the deadline for many absentee ballots (esp overseas ones), and remember that a presidential election is really 51 independant elections (50 states + DC) each with their own election code and ballot laws.

What worked in NJ won't work for a Presidential contest.

Truth is Beauty
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Hillary in 04? Reply with quote

No. I think what is going to happen is tht the Clintons are going to wait until Kerry is really down in the polls. Then Hillary is going to charge in on her white hourse and start campaigning for Kerry. The story will be that she felt that this election was so important for the Democratic Party that she had to leave her ailing husbands side to attempt to rescue the Kerry election. She will say something like Bill's health is so deterorating but I felt that I had to put his health in the hands of a lesser power,God's, to use my incredable power to save my beloved Party. Of course this will happen when Dan Rather announces the new CBS polls that show John Kerry being down 60 points and that even forged documents and early exit polling to prevent Republican voters going to the polls, will not save his campaign. Of course Dan will also announce that his polls show that John Kerry is even showing badly with the polling of the dead uncles in America.

The result will be that John Kerry will lose by about 65% of the vote and Hillary will appear after the election and announce that she was able to stave off a total defeat of John Kerry and that she is planning to run in 2008 a she will bring honor and creditability back to the White House pointing our how scandalous the Republican party was with their treatment of a real Vietnam Hero who while serving single handedly brought the war effort in Vietnam back from the brink of total disaster yet at the time he was so totally exausted by his single handedly winning that war effort he had to after 2 weeks of reflecting decided he had to return home and turn that effort back over to the Republican Politicians and Generals who after all the good work of John Kerry and his efforts putting that war back on a winning footing screwed it up and lost the war. Pointing out that John Kerry had to do it alone because he could not trust the American Troops under the command of General Gengis Khan at the time to fight a sensitive war that was required to win in Vietnam.

My suggestion for the Republicans would be if we want to beat Hillary in 2008 we need to find General Gengis Khan to run against her.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Hillary in 04? Reply with quote

No. I think what is going to happen is tht the Clintons are going to wait until Kerry is really down in the polls. Then Hillary is going to charge in on her white hourse and start campaigning for Kerry. The story will be that she felt that this election was so important for the Democratic Party that she had to leave her ailing husbands side to attempt to rescue the Kerry election. She will say something like Bill's health is so deterorating but I felt that I had to put his health in the hands of a lesser power,God's, to use my incredable power to save my beloved Party. Of course this will happen when Dan Rather announces the new CBS polls that show John Kerry being down 60 points and that even forged documents and early exit polling to prevent Republican voters going to the polls, will not save his campaign. Of course Dan will also announce that his polls show that John Kerry is even showing badly with the polling of the dead uncles in America.

The result will be that John Kerry will lose by about 65% of the vote and Hillary will appear after the election and announce that she was able to stave off a total defeat of John Kerry and that she is planning to run in 2008 a she will bring honor and creditability back to the White House pointing our how scandalous the Republican party was with their treatment of a real Vietnam Hero who while serving single handedly brought the war effort in Vietnam back from the brink of total disaster yet at the time he was so totally exausted by his single handedly winning that war effort he had to after 2 weeks of reflecting decided he had to return home and turn that effort back over to the Republican Politicians and Generals who after all the good work of John Kerry and his efforts putting that war back on a winning footing screwed it up and lost the war. Pointing out that John Kerry had to do it alone because he could not trust the American Troops under the command of General Gengis Khan at the time to fight a sensitive war that was required to win in Vietnam.

My suggestion for the Republicans would be if we want to beat Hillary in 2008 we need to find General Gengis Khan to run against her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: