SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matt Lauer Interview With Kitty Kelley-Day 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAW11_Vet
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Matt Lauer Interview With Kitty Kelley-Day 2 Reply with quote

You have got to give it to Matt Lauer he is not cutting her any slack whatsoever.

Go to MSNBC and watch the video. Pay attention to his expression...he never cracks a smile and frankly to me looks po'ed.

Also listen to his reply when she says "you play golf with him."

He is sounding more and more like Hannity.

Katie Couric must be dying!
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say as a fellow Ohio University grad, I have been proud of Lauer the past two days...I expected softballs thrown at her, boy was I wrong!
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it. It certainly appears......no it definitely looks like he doesn't believe a word she says. Of course, the only people who are going to worship this book are the lunatics already on the left. Nobody is going to give her any more credit than of being a gossip pusher.

Just her demeanor with that laugh was enough to indicate she was lying, and that her sources were all parties with an agenda.

It amazes me that they really think they can throw all this crap up to see what sticks with the undecided voters. They just pull stuff out of nowhere, site third or fourth party sources saying completely different things than the actual participants say, and claim it as fact. Just the part about Bush 41 and the Saudi Prince talking about satellite photos of the border. She claims her sources who weren't there know exactly what was said, and those statements go directly against what was recalled by people actually there.

Most convincing of all was the statement to Matt that he's played golf with President Bush. He clearly said he never had, but she just skimmed right past that. I wish he would've stopped her at that point to grill her. That would've discredited everything she had said prior to that....

I don't even think I can watch tomorrow's. She is definitely the kind of witch you don't want to know. A living, breathing National Enquirer trying to sell a book...
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to Rush today, and he said Lauer was scripted to go hard on her.
NBC got a lot of complaints when it was announced they were going to interview her for 3 segments. Rush says a lot of the other media are getting sued by her lawyers for backing out of their contracts with her.
NBC didn't want her suing them so they kept their contract with her but
instructed Matt to go hard on her. Whether true or not, its fun to see her SQUIRM.
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone got an email for Lauer? I'd like to send a TY note.
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eXcel wrote:
anyone got an email for Lauer? I'd like to send a TY note.

I'd probably save the TY note for Matt. I tend to go along with the belief that he was pointed in a predetermined direction (although he did it well). I've heard him before, and I believe he's one of the whining weenie cult...
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacman wrote:
I'd probably save the TY note for Matt. I tend to go along with the belief that he was pointed in a predetermined direction (although he did it well). I've heard him before, and I believe he's one of the whining weenie cult...
So what you're saying is if you think that you don't like someone, and when they do do something right, you shouldn't say anything because they are a ''whining weenie''?
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Matt got stuck with the interview and hes not gonna pitch softballs like dan rather. NBC is no longer heavily promoting this interview and you have to look for it to find it on the msnbc web site. I think the fake cbs memos scared them. If i were NBC i would be scared too becuase CBS is going to explode and NBC needs to get out of the way when it happens.
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If i were NBC i would be scared too becuase CBS is going to explode and NBC needs to get out of the way when it happens.

Chuck Z that was funny. But true. CBS is going to explode, and there will be shrapnel flying everywhere, and it will cut those in the mainstream closest to CBS, mainly NBC, ABC and the print media. Guilt by association.

Very wise words, sir...

reconflyer
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not believe people still watch the "Today Show". I quit watching it a couple of years ago! Don't miss it either. Was getting tired of Katie and her constant liberal slant.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped watching the TODAY show when Katie Couric sandbagged Barbara Bush by asking her, "How does it feel to know that people think you look like your husband's mother?" And Barbara Bush was so shocked she actually started to cry. Mrs. Bush came on the show thinking they would be talking about literacy.

I have been hoping to run into Ms. Cour-ick ever since, and when I do I am going to smack her right in her supercilious little snout. It will be well worth the law suit.

In the meantime, I wonder if the "hard hitting" Ms. Couric will ever ask Ms. Heinz how it feels, "Knowing that your husband only married you because your dead husband's fortune could finance his over-weening ambition?" And: "I think it is great that you support charity. For example, I noticed you have blind people picking out your wardrobe and doing your hair for you! Very admirable, Mrs. Heinz, or Mrs. Kerry, or whatever it is you are calling yourself these days."

I wouldn't send Lauer a thank you note just yet, btw. It ain't over, till it's over, and if Lauer thinks the right approves of him--and then he won't be able to eat at the cool people's table--watch out.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac, oh so catty. hissss, hisss

I wanted to say something about THK's wardrobe but I didn't have the nerve. I'm trying to type and I'm having trouble because I am laughing so hard it's not easy staying on my chair. I can't believe you really said that. Hahahahahahahaha. I need to leave for a short while.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's catty? I was admiring her for being so altruistic! <batting eyelashes>

Kimmymac says to ArmyMom in her best Southern drawl, "Oh now, ArmyMom," taking her arm and walking through the rose garden with her, "it's not catty when it's the truth, darlin', you know that."

I was thinking about starting a "women only" thread where we could critique the hair and wardrobe of the First Lady and the wanna-be First Shemale, but maybe the Swiftie's wouldn't appreciate it. Men can be so impossibly dismissive of the importance of these things, don't you think?

Maybe dmackto will start one on her website.

Last edited by Kimmymac on Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Kitty Kelly ever write anything during the Clinton years?

Or was Clinton too over the top for her word processor?
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac:

Classic! You've got quite the writing style. Do you have a homepage or a blog on-line? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: