SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just Hit Drudge Memo Content True
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Truth or consequences Reply with quote

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:24 am Post subject: Spin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is still one thing very seriously wrong with the spin ABC may try to put on it. The same thing that is wrong with the secretary's statement.
What? It would have been okay if Dan had said look, these memos have been re-typed so as to disguise their origin because by the font and perhaps other things (wording, syntax) you could tell where and who they really came from. Remember some were not signed.

So this begs the question? Why didn't Dan say that? Are the memos verbatim from another memo or memos? If they exist do the other documents say the EXACT same thing? Same words, verbiage, etc?

Is the real author still around? And we could then locate him/her and ask questions? I am not saying the author is telling the truth!

Or is the wording different enough so that there is an entirely different connotation on the "original" memos? Did the forger, to use a British phrase "Sex up" the forgeries?

Something here that doesn't quite fit! And if it doesn't fit, you must
throw the whole thing in the trash.
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The memos are forgeries, but the CONTENT is REAL!?!?!?!

WTF does THAT mean? How can you prove the content is real from a FORGERY?

The Hitler diaries are forgeries, but the content is real too, I bet.

Thats like "I voted for it before I voted against it."

It's double speak.

Don't they realize just how DUMB that sounds?
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom is 83, and I deal with her daily. She is healthy
and bright, thank God, but I can assure you that her
memories of 32 years ago have dimmed and blended
with other experiences. Though she is convinced that
certain things have happened the way she remembers,
her account can sometimes be very far from the
truth.

The fact that anyone could seriously be reporting about
Ms. Knox's first person experiences is absurd. And an
obvious act of desperation!

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What? It would have been okay if Dan had said look, these memos have been re-typed so as to disguise their origin because by the font and perhaps other things (wording, syntax) you could tell where and who they really came from. Remember some were not signed.

1AD,
You are right on. The fact is the memos are not genuine, so their content must be dismissed. The old lady saying she typed something up like that is worth about, well, nothing unless she can whip out some originals. She shows an obvious slant, and she wasn't writing her own thoughts, but the supposed thoughts of her boss, now deceased and not around to refute. She's stuffed like the Sunday hen.

reconflyer
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Nice Lady Reply with quote

Killian's former secretary seems like a very nice lady. And she seems like she's still pretty spunky, even at 86.

In fact, when Danny is put out to pasture, since she is a self proclaimed Bush hater, maybe Danny can look her up and they can do early dinners together.
spudhorse
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SooZQ: I certainly relate to the comments about your mom. It's quite a challenge for both the kids and the parents.

Having said that -- Mrs. Knox has simply said 'this trash isn't the kind of work I'd do.' I believe her. She also said 'Col. Killian had me type up notes I put in a personal file.' I believe her. She might have an impression of the President as a bit of a troublemaker (Hey, does anyone remember Top Gun?). What I don't believe is that she'd so neatly be able to say
Quote:
The information in these memos is correct -- like Killian's dealing with the problems.
It's too pat. It's also very unprofessional to divulge the contents of Col. Killian's personal files. And (from the Dallas newspaper)
Quote:
She said they accurately reflect the viewpoints of Lt. Col. Killian

I haven't been in the military, but I can't imagine someone in her position making this statement. To represent her boss in this way breaks a confidentiality the two of them had over these many years. It's fishy to say the least.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only important memories of hers are that she used an Olymia typewriter and that she did all the typing for Killian. None of the other stuff she said can be taken very seriously first because she hates Bush, secondly because what she says about Killian's opinions are directly the opposite of his family and contemporaries in the guard who would know him a lot better then a clerk. One thing I was wondering is would she have been responsible for the paperwork of more then one officer? If so it makes her statements about Bush even less reliable.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm? Nobody has seen Hillary today, and the Clintons are buddies with the Hollywood crowd...some makeup, a wig, disguised voice,..... Cool
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having listened to Alan Colmes tonight prattle on and on about how the questions raised by the memos need to be answered even though they might be forgeries, I can't help but think of how neatly the statements of this woman tie together what Dan Rather, the Democrats and others have been saying.

Could the media once again be interpreting her comments to mean what they want them to mean? Or has hearing all the controversy she's been hearing about caused her to remember events in a selective manner?

Remember, when Bush was in the Guard, others who knew him didn't think of him as anyone special. How is it that she has such vivid memories of him and his dealings with Killian when he probably dealt with hundreds of pilots while she worked for him?

I smell a rat.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep coming back to her statemet, "unfit for office" and "selected not elected". This is not 84 year old woman speak. This sounds like someone put it in her head. My grandmother does NOT talk this way. She has her opinions, and sound ones, but not soundbites. Very strange. And the "unfit for office" is the new Kerry slogan, go figure...
FireFox
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a lot of hits for google "selected not elected" bush gore
spudhorse
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting point. "Unfit for office" came from Vice President Cheney's speech:

Democrats defend answer to attack ads

Quote:
"We all saw the anger and distortion of the Republican Convention," he [Kerry] said. "The vice president even called me unfit for office last night.

Mrs. Knox was certainly paying attention.

Last edited by spudhorse on Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theOpoint,

You are right on as too many dem talking points from the last couple of weeks in her statements. And since Bush's TANG service has ALWAYS come up when he was running for office, if she knew all this and considered him so "unfit for office" and "unqualified," why did she not speak up when these questions about his service arose in 1994, 1998, and 2000? Also she said the fake memos support Killian's "viewpionts" - could it be just her opinion tempered by her contempt for Bush? Something really smells bad here, and a bit sad as to what may be going on here, but the point remains, all this is heresay, THERE HAVE STILL BEEN NO AUTHENTIC ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS PRESENTED THAT SUPPORT THE ALLEGATIONS IN THE FAKE MEMOS.

Debbie
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say this with certainty:

The experiences I have had with Squadron CC's secretaries is that they like to pass the scuttlebut and they really don't know what is going on.

Squadron secretaries also have very little rank in civilian terms (GS-4 or 5), but they sometimes think they have more sway then they do. They can be trumped by an E-5 or E-6 that has their ducks in a row.

On that note, I will also say that many are devoted public servants in a thankless job with long hours supporting the boss of the squadron. Their tasks are mundane administrative tasks that require great attention to detail and unstimulating personal interaction.

God Bless the Administrative Assistants.
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my mind all of this is really just the DNC attack, the memos, the kitty kelly book, the air force flap, all of it.

Someone needs to go and interview this secretary. A real interview from a conservative blogger, not CBS or ABC. Maybe even Hannity would do it. He needs to find out the truth. That's really what we're all after. And someone needs to interview Staudt. Where the heck is he by the way? Has he been interviewed. I mean if he was applying the pressure then he ought to know right? Shouldn't CBS have interviewed him? What am I missing here? Have they interviewed him? Maybe they have and they've got more info that they're sitting on? My amature spidey sense tells me this might be a well thought out trap...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: