SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill on Hannity 9/14 - Comments here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiftsocks wrote:
What was the piece of paper ONeil was holding up to the camera ?

I was so excited I may have missed it, but think it was new original documentation. I sure hope it's what I think it is !!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure it was the spot report for the Sampan incident where Kerry lied in "Tour Of Duty".

On a sidenote-- I would like to see the segment of Kerry's commentary on his OWN 8mm videos during the burning of villages during either Meet The Press or Dick Cavett Show (different from the debate). I personally haven't seen that, but I would LOVE to. I think that might have been what Hannity was referring to when he said he was going to view some videotapes a couple weekends ago. I dont know if the SwiftVets could put that in a commercial because of Copyrights, etc. I know the DNC is in trouble from CBS & NBC for the latest Bush attack ad. Kerry describing how he burned bridges in his OWN videos would certainly be powerful, but I think Paris is MUCH more powerful. From what O'Neill said tonight, he said it would be from Kerry's mouth (or something like that)...Perhaps they will show written text of his Fulbright Testimony on the ad saying he went to Paris, or maybe the whole burning villages "I committed atrocities" as I said. Regardless, I'm excited to see what the new ad is, and I'm going to miss this forum because I'm going to Tennessee for a week, and will not have access to the Internet Sad
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colmes and Juan Williams are both losing it. They are starting to get into so real fights with their coworkers on Fox. Then there is Susan Estrogen, she never had it to lose.
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched O'neill again on C-Span, he is great. The link is up there in a sticky for those who have not seen it.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogre wrote:
Hannity's heart is in the right place, but he's a one-trick pony. He seems to be driven to spout his talking points instead of letting better men speak.

I like Hannity, but you nailed him on the head. The problem with talking heads today is they are just that. They issue the same talking points night after night without risk of alienation. We need warriors in the press and not people that care of ratings. I pine for the journalist that went out on a limb and said Churchill was right and Chamberlain was wrong and be damned what anyone thinks.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another thing GenrXr, I also think Hannity aught to drop his constant demands that Kerry explain what atrosities he committed and why he burned villages. He's made the point, Kerry's never going to address it and it's a non starter. Time to move on to other points. There is plenty of them.
diane in IL
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite part of the interview was when Sean introduced John O'Neill, and then asked "so you've been kind of quiet lately... do you have anything up your sleeve or any new ads planned"?... and John O'Great responded with such a cute little smile and said "yes we have lots more to say"... or something to that affect. Oh I was laughing my butt off.

diane in IL
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB Stacker wrote:
And another thing GenrXr, I also think Hannity aught to drop his constant demands that Kerry explain what atrosities he committed and why he burned villages. He's made the point, Kerry's never going to address it and it's a non starter. Time to move on to other points. There is plenty of them.

I agree completely. If Hannity wants my respect he should bring up the Paris talks and go out on a limb. He should inform the country on our past and how we used to view the enemy. How we used to view those who gave comfort to the enemy.
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB Stacker wrote:

Hence my 'one-trick-pony' euphimism. Repitition bores people, me included. Hannity starts to become like a barking chihuahua and, as such, wastes his forum. But it really rankles me more when he does it to talk over people who are on his side and have something new to add.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogre wrote:
BB Stacker wrote:

Hence my 'one-trick-pony' euphimism. Repitition bores people, me included. Hannity starts to become like a barking chihuahua and, as such, wastes his forum. But it really rankles me more when he does it to talk over people who are on his side and have something new to add.

You are both right! Hope Hannity is listening.
ghiapaul
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colmes is really looking flustered when the talk turns to Kerry and the swiftboat vets. Mr. O'Neil has him tongue tied, and looking like a nervous rookie reporter. I believe that he and the other liberal talking heads are getting real worried that the swiftboat vets are going to bring Kerry down real soon and they don't know what to do. Every time Mr. O'Neil gets on these shows he is always cool and calm no matter how these guys act, and frankly they can't deal with someone like that.
1966 - 1969
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghiapaul wrote:
Colmes is really looking flustered when the talk turns to Kerry and the swiftboat vets. Mr. O'Neil has him tongue tied, and looking like a nervous rookie reporter. I believe that he and the other liberal talking heads are getting real worried that the swiftboat vets are going to bring Kerry down real soon and they don't know what to do. Every time Mr. O'Neil gets on these shows he is always cool and calm no matter how these guys act, and frankly they can't deal with someone like that.

What is ineteresting about this point of O'Neills calm and collected nature is my personal revelation of his honesty. I read the transcripts of his debate with Kerry on the Cavaet show before I watched the debate and came away with something very salient with regard to politics. Reading the transcripts I was overwhelmed with O'Neills facts and couldn't believe the debate was continued after Kerrys first few obsfucations, yet when I actually watched the debate I realized Kerry had the audience in the palm of his hand. He wasn't debating he was playing to the simple nature of emotions. And there is no doubt Bush will take this weakness of Kerrys and destroy him with it in the debates. See, Bush is honest but also understands the weak emotional 'Oprah' tug on the heart.

edit: one more point Cavaet was intentionally trying to help Kerry in their deabte and O'Neill was not deterred. O'Neill is cut from a different cloth. He is a warrior in the truest sense.

Last edited by GenrXr on Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB Stacker wrote:

The simple truth is that John F-ing Kerry doesn't address anything that he doesn't want to. Hannity has a valid point about a presidential candiate admitting that he committed atrocities. How would Kerry ever be able to square that with the voters? Give Hannity credit for knowing what gets the public's interest, after he has a national show based on his abiliities, and nobody her does.

You guys are missing a bet by dissing the only people that are airing the Swiftees story to any degree at all. I don't really think that Hannity is out to impress anyone here, nor is he worried about losing anyone in particular's respect.

This is supposed to be a site for the support of the Swiftees. John F-ing Kerry is the misssion, not Sean Hannity.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arymann wrote:
Now, Navy. Aren't you the one always admonishing the rest of us when we get catty? (lol)

Oh, probably guilty. Dang it. Embarassed

My evil twin sneaks out of the box and takes over my keyboard, sometimes. Wink

Quote:
I totally agree with everything you said! John O'Neill has sooo much patience--I admire him so. It does get aggravating when the talking heads keep talking to hear themselves talk.

LOL! I think I get more irritated at that than when Colmes pulls a "Chris Mad-Spews" and tries to shout down the opposition. At least that is semi-entertaining.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:

The simple truth is that John F-ing Kerry doesn't address anything that he doesn't want to. Hannity has a valid point about a presidential candiate admitting that he committed atrocities. How would Kerry ever be able to square that with the voters? Give Hannity credit for knowing what gets the public's interest, after he has a national show based on his abiliities, and nobody her does.

You guys are missing a bet by dissing the only people that are airing the Swiftees story to any degree at all. I don't really think that Hannity is out to impress anyone here, nor is he worried about losing anyone in particular's respect.

This is supposed to be a site for the support of the Swiftees. John F-ing Kerry is the misssion, not Sean Hannity.

Yes, but not at the same ideological propogandistic approach Kerry has made a living at. I will call out anyone in the media I feel not airing responsibility. It does not matter the party they are assumed to be aligned with only the views they expouse and how they pertain to our country. We live in dangerous times and must be very diligent in our process of information.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinfella is right...I only hear Sean and Rush keep up the swiftvets in their shows...we need their support to keep the word going. It is the talk show radio who really threw the swiftvets into some of the main stream media...just because these guys would not let the story go. Sean and Rush are both like a dog with a bone and are helping us keep the swift truth alive.

I can not wait until Thursday to see the ad!

As always John O'Neill is so cool under pressure...even with the likes of Alan Colmes ranting head!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: