SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enjoyed the book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WAZ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Enjoyed the book Reply with quote

I read your book and enjoyed it very much. I have also spread the word and let others read it who would have never picked it up and I feel it helped them see the light as well.

I found a story that talked about one swiftee that is upset for having his name used but can't even find his name on the letter you sent to Kerry. Is this just more stuff that gets made up or is there any truth to it.

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2004/09/01/build/state/25-swift-boat.inc

Thx.. Keep up the good work
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to the initial email campaign (among the founders and forwarded to all known Swifts' email addresses) that included a draft of the letter to John Kerry, both of these men had replied to RADM Hoffman in the affirmative as to whether or not they wanted to be included in the letter than was sent to Kerry.

This article came out in the Billings Gazette and Swifts wrote a Letter to the Editor in rebuttal which told of the emails. The Gazette refused to print it.

Meanwhile, RADM Hoffman replied to both of these mens' emails to try to clarify their intent.

A statement was issued a few days later that said that the names were being removed because of the complaints voiced in the Gazette. This led me to believe that these men never even answered the Admiral's emails.

We don't know why anyone would sign on to something like this and then make a public complaint that they hadn't signed up, so we can't speculate as to motive.

But it was a sad few days for all of us when that story came out, probably much more so for the Swift guys.

Kerry spitting on them, again.... by proxies. Confused
WAZ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your time to respond. Much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: