SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh.......MY.......G.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Oh.......MY.......G....... Reply with quote

I realize that it's a tremendous long shot, but this story is too amazing not to pass along--

http://cbs2chicago.com/politics/local_story_259190721.html

Please understand that NO Republican in the State of Illinois votes in a presidential election with any illusion that there's even the remotest chance that the Electoral College won't negate his/her vote--We vote for president as a matter of principle (and this year in particular, in the hopes that our votes might at least help to achieve a popular majority for W)--Kerry being down to a four point lead here is nothing short of phenomenal--

Could it be?--Could it possibly BE????--

And don't think for a minute that I don't give the Swiftees a huge portion of the credit for this--Even if W doesn't carry the state, it could be close for the first time in over 40 years.......maybe more--The tide could be turning--

Thank you, Mr. O'Neil and the Swiftees (sounds like a Motown group, doesn't it?? Very Happy ), for what you did then, and what you are doing now!!--God bless--C
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also saw on FOX that Kerry is down 7 points in New York state! and 4 in Jersey!

If this is true then we might see a 1984 election night again,

Last edited by SangRun Hunter on Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in NY, and it is DEMOCRATIC, as you do, I vote, knowing that a rep is not going to win....well today on the radio I hear that Kerry is only leading Bush by SIX POINTS. UNBELIEVABLE! I'm sure it is the Swiftboat Vets that is doing it! you can tell they are truthful, it just comes across when they are interviewed.
MAXX
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Bush UP by 4% in New Jersey too !! Reply with quote

Unbelievable !! Looks like the Dems problems there are piling up after Gov. McGreevy's confessions..

http://www.surveyusa.com/2004_Elections/NJ040915president.pdf
Read the fine print - VERY SIGNIFICANT - I would say..

now if this is not a bombshell I don't know what it is..

enjoy !
MAXX (from Austria)
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

margie wrote:
I live in NY, and it is DEMOCRATIC, as you do, I vote, knowing that a rep is not going to win....well today on the radio I hear that Kerry is only leading Bush by SIX POINTS. UNBELIEVABLE! I'm sure it is the Swiftboat Vets that is doing it! you can tell they are truthful, it just comes across when they are interviewed.

As a fellow New Yorker living in a dem state, (hence high taxes and cost of living) I for one support President Bush and the Pubs.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too live in the Republic of NY...and OMG, I was thrilled...but..here is the key in our respective Dem states..or blue states..if it depresses the vote whereas the dems think it is in the bag, or they have no energy to vote, they will not vote..therefore, a suggestion to all of us in the blue states where the polls show it tightening..volunteer, make calls, go to the Bush 04 re-election areas in your states..get out the vote..if we can turn up while depressing the other side..amazing things can and will happen..

..also what this will do is cause Kerry to spend money in states that he thought were in the bag.

I have illusions here as said, I live in NY..where God knows how Hillary got elected..so please seize the moment, grab the big mo and get involved, you can make a difference...

How exciting..huh???
PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: