SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The swiftvets siege on illinois!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: The swiftvets siege on illinois! Reply with quote

http://cbs2chicago.com/politics/local_story_259190721.html
Quote:
Kerry Losing Lead Over Bush In Illinois

VIDEO: Kerry Losing Lead Over Bush In Illinois

Sep 15, 2004 6:05 pm US/Central
CHICAGO (CBS 2) The presidential election is just 48 days away now, and according to an exclusive new poll of Illinois voters, George W. Bush and John Kerry could be in a virtual dead heat.

The turn in this election tide could set up a political stunner. Illinois is a Democratic powerhouse in national elections, and John Kerry does maintain a small lead in our exclusive CBS 2 poll, but President Bush appears to be gaining support among voters.

Illinois no longer looks like a sure thing for Democrat John Kerry. His once 13 percentage point lead is now down to four points. That's exactly our survey's margin of accuracy, meaning the contest could be a dead-heat.

There are signs galore at a Republican office in New Trier Township. Workers say they're sensing a new enthusiasm for the Bush-Cheney ticket in an area with lots of swing voters -- swing voters who've chosen more and more Democrats in recent years. Some top Republicans still fear Bush could lose these voters, but others are expressing new confidence.

“I'm convinced he's gonna win Illinois. I really believe that. And I know that's a frightful prospect for the Democrats, but just look at the numbers,” said GOP Committeeman T. Tolbert Chisum.

The numbers in our exclusive CBS 2/Newsradio 780 poll put Kerry at 49 percent and Bush at 45 percent.

“Well, I don't think there are any surprises here in truth, because you have the cumulative impact of being off the air for five weeks, during which time the Kerry campaign was bombarded by the negative ads from the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, who were not telling the truth,” said Avis Lavelle with the Kerry-Edwards campaign.

Chisum said he believes the Swift Boat Veterans are driving this surge in Illinois. “I think it's driving it in Illinois and I think it's driving it around the country,” he said.

Democrats and Republicans here agree that Kerry's been badly wounded by his Swift Boat foes.

Our survey may mean the Kerry Campaign will no longer be quite so confident here. They haven't even sent any yard signs or bumper stickers to Illinois

In the U.S. Senate race, our survey found Republican Alan Keyes losing ground to Barack Obama. The Democrat had a 39 percentage point lead last month; now it's 41 percentage points.

I got this off of See-BS , it might actually be true!
Razz
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thoroughly convinced that the Swifties ads could turn the tide in almost every state. Are there any plans to run some in WA, OR, and CA?
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in total shock over this. Is Kerry's support really this weak? Or was the Bush hatred really just never that bad? Whatever it is, we've got to keep up the good work. We've got to help the Swifties as best we can thru the election.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born and raised in Chicago although I have not lived in my favorite city for two years I keep abreast of the news there. I am so glad to know that Kerry is loosing in the polls back home. There is still hope for that democratic city and state. Keep up the great work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: