SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drudge page memos tracked to Texas Kinkos? WTH?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightingale97:

I was wondering about the trash can vs. shredding thing. It just didn't seem likely to me that papers would be thrown away instead of shredded.
silenthunter
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
The killer will be if they find they were also faxed to the DNC and Kerry campaign.

What would really be killer would be to find a trail showing five dox (4 phony memos + one instruction cover) were faxed TO a Kinko's customer FROM the DNC or Kerry sympathizer with instructions to retransmit TO "SeeBS." Very Happy
COMCARDIV7, '70-'71
USS Oriskany, CVA34, '69-'71

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it won't be needed until someone tries to take it away." -- Thomas Jefferson
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing To funny not to post this! Laughing

RATHER BLAMES ROVE IN ROCKET-SKATE MISHAP

NEW YORK - Veteran anchorman Dan Rather implicated White House Political Director Karl Rove as “the mastermind behind the so-called Acme Group” after his rocket-powered roller skates exploded during a Wednesday CBS Evening News investigative report.

Rather had donned the controversial Acme skates — along with an Acme brand Bat-Man suit — in a complicated sting operation to reveal what he termed a “deep conspiracy between the White House and internet partisans to cover up George Bush’s shameful military records.”

The investigation went awry soon after Rather lit the skates, releasing what NYU Physics professor Alan Sokal estimated as “20,000 to 30,000 pounds of thrust.” The heat of the initial explosion was so intense that it singed the hair off several nearby CBS reporters, including Rather’s anchor heir-apparent John Roberts.

The blast sent Rather hurtling along 53rd Street toward the Hudson River at speeds estimated upwards of 200 miles per hour, scarcely slowing as the runaway skates drug the helpless journalist over, under and through stalled rush hour traffic.

Rather frantically righted himself just in time to hurtle cleanly though the side of an MTA bus at 7th Avenue, leaving a gaping Rather-shaped hole. The impact sent Rather careening down the stairs of the 50th Street subway terminal, through a turnstile, and onto the tracks of the Uptown-bound 1 train.

“The incoming tunnel was sparking and lighting up, I thought there was some kind of power problem,” said Carla Robertson, who witnessed Rather speeding through the tunnel at the 34th Street platform. “Later I realized it must have been his ass hitting the third rail.”

Robertson said she didn’t pay much attention when she saw a spread-eagled Rather, screaming along the tracks on rocket roller skates.

“This is New York, so we see celebrities all the time,” said Robertson. “Then I realized he was heading downtown on the uptown tracks.”

Witnesses as far as Chelsea report hearing the collision as Rather met the next oncoming train, which sent the newsman rocketing skyward through a man hole cover at 31st and Broadway, arms flailing wildly, his rocket skates sputtering their last spare ounces of fuel.

Midtown bystanders looked on in horror as the award-winning broadcast titan began plummeting from his 3000-foot apex. Amazingly, though, Rather’s arm-flailing and prescient decision to wear the Bat-Man suit had paid off. Regaining composure after the initial shock, he began soaring over the skyline of Manhattan, swooping through its concrete canyons.

Rather’s high-flying antics came to a abrupt conclusion when he splattered into the New York Times building. Momentarily stunned, he peeled off the side into a desperate pummet, not realizing his Bat-Man wings remained adhered to a 38th floor window.

Gasping for breath as he climbed from his Rather-shaped crater on 43rd Street, he quickly faced another ignominy: his impact had jarred loose a grand piano that was hanging from a rope outside William Safire’s 30th-story office. As the shadow of the piano slowly grew, Rather pulled out a tiny umbrella and picket sign that read “Yipes!!”

His lump-covered head peering through the demolished keyboard, Rather finally played an off-key rendition of “Taps” with his piano-key teeth.

Rather remains in guarded condition at Cedars-Sinai hospital, but says his legendary investigative ferocity “is as healthy as Olympic weightlifter’s liver.”

“Batten down the barn door, Aunt Gussie, we’re got more stories coming, and I promise you that these will sting the Bush boys like syphillitic urine,” said a defiant Rather.

Rather said that the CBS news team was already working on a new story that would “prove, once and for all, that Karl Rove made those rocket skates.”

“I can’t reveal much right now,” added Rather. “We’re still trying to line up the necessary catapult.”
Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silenthunter wrote:
neverforget wrote:
The killer will be if they find they were also faxed to the DNC and Kerry campaign.

What would really be killer would be to find a trail showing five dox (4 phony memos + one instruction cover) were faxed TO a Kinko's customer FROM the DNC or Kerry sympathizer with instructions to retransmit TO "SeeBS." Very Happy

You're right. Han't thought of that way. Thank you. I hope it turns out to be true.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silenthunter wrote:
neverforget wrote:

This is a serious consideration. With the WAPO and Slimes breaking this story on Kinko's and Burkett it could well be that it's a leak from CBS and we're being trolled and misdirected to Burkett when the source is the DNC basing there dirty tricks on Burkett's earlier discredited allegations. Keep digging.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked the sight, didn't see this, it is similar to the crushkerry sight, and goes to kerry campaign's previous knowledge.

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=7096
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox News Live this a.m. is reporting the suspected Abilene Kinko's link to CBS.

Keep their feet to the heat.........!!
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some useless speculation...

Many have wondered how anyone except a junior high kid could have made such poor forgeries.

On the Burkett possibility--

* Supposedly Burkett was a Systems Analyst for 27 years. If that means 'computer systems analyst', this guy cut his teeth with punch cards and COBOL on big iron IBM mainframes. Such guys can have minimal appreciation for the fine points of graphic design. Confused

* Some modern programmers make beautiful-looking program windows, but the programs are horribly buggy. Some programmers make high-quality reliable software that is ugly enough to make a freight train take a dirt road. Well, there are also the losers who make buggy ugly programs. Razz

Anyway, talented programmers who make insanely ugly program windows, have such poor aesthetic sense that they never notice anything wrong with the screen layout. They are so interested in the 'function', that they never notice the 'form'. It takes a lot of gentle persuasion, to make those guy realize that customers actually value a program's appearance.

* Burkett supposedly had at least one nervous breakdown.

=====

Given a person with intelligence and experience, but with mental problems and no aesthetic appreciation for layout-- It is easy to imagine that such a person would never even think about 'trivial' factors such as fonts and formatting.
spudhorse
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing around looking at Burkett's writing style. I'm by no means any sort of an expert so FWIW.

Here's an article Burkett wrote in 2003:
The price of a loaf of bread, or the value of human life.

The one thing that's obvious is that he doesn't punctuate very well.

Quote:
And when progress is measured in the terms of a higher volume of death; we clearly see the disconnect of this man's mind and those that surround him from reality or more importantly, the value of life itself.

The semicolon is wrong. As a matter of fact, Burkett used more semicolons in this article than I've used in my entire life.

I couldn't discern any commonalities between this particular article and the memos. In fact, this whole line of thinking may not work due to the 'military' style language in the memos. However, the faker has been sloppy in other ways so I thought I'd offer this thought as another avenue of investigation.
Frank B
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we watch Rather and CBS continue to defend the indefensible, we are seeing the continuation of the demise of network news. While standing by the content of the forged documents, they parade a former secretary of suspect memory and political affiliation to give credibility to their smelly reporting. How much more desperation and denial will we see before CBS comes clean?

Rather sits in front of the camera like an emotionless robot spouting the same old liberal dodge words and phrases while the world watches in disbelief. This is no longer a freedom of speech issue...this is a concerted effort to use fraud and deception to affect an election's outcome in favor of the liberal media's candidate....and there are laws prohibiting that.

The congressional effort to bring CBS to task will be worth keeping tabs on.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
The main stream news has been lying to americans for decades. Go look at the book 'Stolen Valor' and how they exposed Dan Rathers first attempt at propping up fools as war heros. I am sick of the MSM getting away with criminal activity. Our founding fathers granted free speech but not the right to lie to the masses. Our founding fathers could not stand journalists and thought of them as cockroaches, but knew in the end they would have to be a balance for the 3 branch republic. What we are seeing with CBS right now is our founding fathers worst fears. A news organization bent on bringing down one of the 3 branches of government. I expect the FBI to investigate and put in prison Rather and his ship of fools.

Our rights are a privilege. I believe once someone demonstrates their inability to honor this privilege by their exercising of these rights in such a damaging manner then their rights should be restricted. Free speech is not absolute you cannot yell "fire" in a crowded theatre. "Hate speech" is not protected. Freedom of the press does not include the right to libel and slander at will. I think what CBS and the people involved in memogate did amounts to a form of "hate speech".
VAW11_Vet
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news for CBS! The man than owns the Kinko's in Abilene is a real estate guy who is a huge, huge Bush supporter.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Kinko's owner Reply with quote

Does that mean that he could tell who sent the memos? He might not have been watching his Fax machine at the time...
kennyd1165
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Current CBS Story Online Reply with quote

Here is a link to the current story on the CBS web page.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/06/politics/main641481.shtml

It quotes:

"Bill Burkett, a retired National Guard officer from Texas, has been cited in reports in Newsweek and The New York Times as a source for CBS' report. Burkett is not talking to the press."

We know that CBS knows who the real source is. If it isn't Burkett and CBS authored the above story, wouldn't that be defamation of Burkett. I mean they would be reporting something defamatory about someone that they know isn't true. I don't think it would matter if they were only citing reports of others, because they have knowledge of the real source.

Just wondering.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't a Kinko's use a software faxing system to save money, you know something similar to eFax, but writen for Kinko's. You pay to have something faxed from Kinko's at point A to a point B destination, but what Kinko's does in not actualy make a phone call but route the fax through their software to the closest Kinko's to the destination, which then dials the number of the destination as a "local call" this saves them big bucks in long distance fee's. But more impotantly it provides a more accurate level of "traceability" and multiple destinations can be done at once with one sending. All that is needed is to have the owner of the Kinko's in Texas look at the software logs for that day and time and bingo we'll have our anwsers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: