SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View Latest Ad - Comments Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spartan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: ad 5 Reply with quote

I love the message - a message i firmly belive to be 100% accurate

However ....... Smile (and this is why my team ldr needed valium)

Wont the constant editing raise questions with the Kerry supporters? Wont the say that with all the tape on Kerry anything could be strung together?

Tim

de oppresso liber
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
spartan wrote.....Wont the constant editing raise questions with the Kerry supporters? Wont the say that with all the tape on Kerry anything could be strung together?

Yeah...but that would be a good thing. You want people talking about this. Just like the Dan Rather thing people keep talking about the content regardless of the veracity of the documents. Big difference here though. There is no question that he gave both interviews and they conflict with each other. So they can complain and keep this in the news but ultimately Kerry is still revealed as less than honest. Plus they have been showing the original interview for some time now. Lots of people will be surprised to see the furiously angry Kerry trying to have it both ways. But the .."and I'm proud of it" statement at the end shows the real Kerry. The one that would cut and run in Iraq the first chance he gets.

On top of all that Kerry offends both sides of the issue. Woulnd't you think that a guy who becomes so disaffected with his military service that he throws his medals away would refrain from casting himself as a decorated war hero.

I mean there has been a lot of stink about these medals and here you find out the guy pretended to throw them over a fence in protest.

It's something very simple for people to understand. Yet Kerry manages to make it confusing as all hell. Threw 'em away, didn't really, medals, ribbons, he wins five and throughs away nine???? He's an anti-war activist, he's a heroic warrior.......what the....????

Last edited by jim_nyc on Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
spartan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: ahhhh Reply with quote

ahhhh - sorta like jerking someones chain huh?

tim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Wow!! Reply with quote

We'll see that ad here in NV. The ads are well placed throughout the day. "I have been precisely accurate about what took place" Yeah, right.
kerrlied
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: New AD? Reply with quote

Why is it not posted on the
SwiftBoat Web site First?
Are you going to post it today.
Manny can not view it from that site.
Bernard Cullen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Holding Action? Reply with quote

Ad is Okay if this is a holding action, but it raises the ante on Ad#6 which has to make a new and more forceful point. Most people now know Kerry threw away his(?) ribbons and/or medals and that he now wants to obscure the fact. Its like lying about sex - most people understand/tolerate that you lie about obviously embarrassing "youthful" moments. Paris meetings with VC, aid and comfort to the enemy and the cavalier 3000 not 3000000 actual lives cost due to Kerry's success at undermining the effort will be more powerful - like the lies about atrocities.

Keep them coming.
poseidon
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: New AD? Reply with quote

kerrlied wrote:

Try this more direct Link
that doesn't use any Microsoft specific 'launcher' code
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New AD? Reply with quote

poseidon wrote:
kerrlied wrote:

Try this more direct Link
that doesn't use any Microsoft specific 'launcher' code

I can't get it to work from either link. When will it be posted on the SwiftVets main page? Those always work for me.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main message I get out of this new ad is that there's one thing John Kerry hasn't flip-flopped on - - He is still un-American! How dare he say that he's proud!!!!! John Kerry should apologize to all Americans for his involvement in the medal/ribbon throwing incident, after he apologizes to all Veterans for his testimony to the United States, Committee on Foreign Relations, on April 22, 1971. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen, because John Kerry is un-American!!!!!
FredRum
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Mozilla Firefox and I couldn't get the video to load up using the HumanEvents link. It worked fine in IE6, though.
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with those who say the rapid-fire editing makes it seem suspect--especially his last "I'm proud of that." So far as the editing goes, he could be proud of anything.

If I were a critically thinking independent voter who hadn't read the book, I'd be very skeptical.
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfgang wrote:
Have to agree with those who say the rapid-fire editing makes it seem suspect--especially his last "I'm proud of that." So far as the editing goes, he could be proud of anything.

If I were a critically thinking independent voter who hadn't read the book, I'd be very skeptical.

I think the firewall here blocks stuff from mms:// addresses, which is why it's not loading. However, when SBVFT puts in on their site, it's comming from an http:// address.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FredRum wrote:
I use Mozilla Firefox and I couldn't get the video to load up using the HumanEvents link. It worked fine in IE6, though.

Same here. I even added "unblock popups" to Mozilla/Firebird.
dukeblue
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: radio spot? Reply with quote

I couldn't see the viseo either, but it didn't matter. The audio is excellent!

My advice... put this out as a radio spot as well. Hit another medium!

Idea Wink
brityank
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvaughan wrote:
Anyone want to describe this ad? I have a mac and I can never wath any of the videos on Human Events.

Try this: Open up your player and put this in the URL -- there is a space in the HE link that stops it on mine, but the direct link without spaces works.

Different Link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: