SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View Latest Ad - Comments Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerrlied
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Links to ad? Reply with quote

Does any one know of any additional links for the ad:

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_video5.html

Manny are having problems with this one working!
please share the additional links.
If anyone e-mailis me a copy I'll post it on our SERVER FREE with a link.
kerrylied@troughpeople.com

Could be the kerry people are hitting the link to tie up the server!
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New polling shows Kerry only leads Bush by 6 points in New York State, 46% to 41%. This is among registered voters, which go 2 to 1 Democratic. Among likely voters the race is probably much tighter. What it does show is that Bush has picked up about 5% of registered Democrats.

This ad needs to run in NY because it is now in play. If Bush can carry NY a lot of swing states will not be as important.

BTW A poll out yesterday showed Bush 48% to Kerry's 46% here in Minnesota. UNBELIEVABLE!
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Great Ad! I love seeing Kerry get creamed by his own words!

Too early for typing
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Ad #5 Reply with quote

I don't have speakers on this computer, so I can't hear what Kerry said in 1971 and 2004, although I'm sure this DOES reinforce the image of Kerry as a "flip-flopper", which Republicans have been repeating for months about other issues!

I agree with Bernard Cullen that a new ad about medals is "OK as a holding action", but something more forceful will be needed between now and the election.

Are there any plans in the works for an ad about:

1) Kerry recommending withdrawal from Vietnam, assuring Senators of minimal casualties, followed by massive casualties, and then playing his 2004 promise to withdraw troops from Iraq in six months;

2) Kerry telling Senators he has been negotiating with the enemy in Paris, while he was still in the Naval Reserves;

3) Kerry's photo in the Communist museum in Ho Chi Minh City, with a voice-over explaining where this photo is displayed, and concluding with
"John Kerry: a hero, for America's enemies."

Is there a transcript for Ad #5 available somewhere on the Net?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's up on the main site, now, in a variety of formats:

http://www.swiftvets.com/
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Links to ad? Reply with quote

kerrlied wrote:
Does any one know of any additional links for the ad:

http://humaneventsonline.com.edgesuite.net/unfit_video5.html

Manny are having problems with this one working!
please share the additional links.
If anyone e-mailis me a copy I'll post it on our SERVER FREE with a link.
kerrylied@troughpeople.com

Upgrade your Windows Media Player, and it should work - . (Start, Programs, and fire up Windows Media Player - then go to Help, Check for Player Updates) - make sure you are connected to internet before clicking on the updates link.
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
jabbr7
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: good job Reply with quote

I think more mphasis on his been proud of throwing away his should be repeated.

I would like to see the following ad:
Shouldn't there be an add the subject being the aid and comfort given to Americas enemies again.
Kerry

1) Returned from war leaving his troops in the field and POW's in torture cells to give aid and comfort to the enemy with is protest.
2) Testified about widespread atricities while oponents views were suppressed.
3) Met with the leadership of our enemies in Paris. Was Kerry part of the deal to undermine USA by the VVAW.

4) He is doing it again. After leading his party to remove Saddam from power regarless of stockpiles of WMD he called for regime change. He called for the unilateral use of American troops if the UN and allies failed to act but now that we have troops again in harms way he is undermining USA efforts and giving aid and comfort to our enemies. His latest ad is unbelievably hurtful to our troops in the field and undemines their efforts. John Kerry has put out the best add for the terrorist. He is sending the wrong message to our enemies and he is shooting our troops in the back because he thinks it is the best strategy to get him elected.
This man has not beliefs eccept to say whatever it takes to get him elected damn the consequences.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: ...Ad... Reply with quote

spartan wrote:
Wont the constant editing raise questions with the Kerry supporters? Wont the say that with all the tape on Kerry anything could be strung together?

I think the ad is great but it is certain to evoke squeals of protest because his words were "taken out of context." It just seemed a bit too choppy, even though it captured the real Kerry.
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to chime in and agree with those calling for ads referring to Kerry's extreme miscalculations regarding US withdrawal from Vietnam and his unauthorized negotiations with the enemy in a time of war while still a commissioned officer.

For the time being though this ad is fine. There is a lot of mud being slung and this ad has a humorous tone. Voters respond to negative ads but there is a point of saturation when they stop listening.

I want to also add that there will come a time when it is too late to make a hard hitting attack. And that is about a week out from the actual election if not sooner.

I was close to not voting at all in the 2000 election but the late release of the Bush DWI conviction got me to the poll to vote for Bush. It just seemed too dirty too late and motivated me to get to the poll. I live in NY where it sometimes feels futile to waste my time voting because the results usually favor one party.

So be careful as to the timing of any late hits. As in football it looks ugly and unfair.

Last edited by jim_nyc on Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Script for Ad Reply with quote

I tried to read the script on the Swiftvets.com site, and I got a "File Not Found" error from Hurricane Electric Internet Services.

Has Ivan got into the website? Wink
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
It's up on the main site, now, in a variety of formats:

http://www.swiftvets.com/

I can see it now. Excellent ad. The editing work was skillful and (for Kerry, anyway) devastating.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
Krazykat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ad!

Yeah the editing is a bit choppy but all the news outlets have the full clips so if there is any question about the context of the editing, the full clips will be replayed. No problem.
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krazykat wrote:
Great ad!

Yeah the editing is a bit choppy but all the news outlets have the full clips so if there is any question about the context of the editing, the full clips will be replayed. No problem.

You thought it was choppy? Really? It was rapid-fire, I'll grant you, but I thought it conveyed the two-faced (or in Kerry's case, the nine-or-ten-faced) personality of the DNC candidate.

By the way, how's Ignatz? I loved that cartoon as a kid...

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
diane in IL
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Sorry, I love the Swifties, but don't like this add. Reply with quote

I couldn't follow it. And I even know more than the average person. I just don't understand the point they were trying to get across. I wish they would let him finish a few sentences in some of the clips. The quick editing makes me think they are trying to distort something. If I was independant, I don't think I would respond well to this add. Someone would have to explain it to me.

Sorry Sad

diane in IL
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played this for my wife. She is undecided. She agrees with diane in illinois. Too edited. Looks fishy. Not convincing to her.

obviously I am already convinced so my opinion is less valid.

I wonder if they focus grouped this ad?

Maybe this is why Hannity didn't play it last night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: